1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by alen1, Jan 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i like the mock, its fun. don't let peoples criticism affect you bro. you should do another one a little before the draft.

funkdat, texanphinatic and alen1 like this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Discussion of mocks is always fun, hope nobody here takes anything personally! Hard to come up with stuff so early, cant wait to see some of the all star games and getting into the combine. :up:

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not offended or taking criticism personally, guys. I enjoy the discussions for sure.

texanphinatic likes this.
  4. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Sweet, discussing the draft is always a blast, so many players, positions, needs and wants, lots of stuff going on. :up:

alen1 likes this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :yes:

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The more and more I think about it, I really think we could draft Robiskie in later rd 2 or rd 3 if we don't find a WR elsewhere.

I mean he has decent speed, runs good routes, has good size (6'3" 200), has good hands, and is a hell of a blocker.

I don't know where he is projecting right now, but I can't imagine having Pryor at QB helped his cause as his numbers dipped because of it, but he just seems like the type to really fit the kind of work ethic and intelligence this regime looks for.

Now if we were looking for someone else besides Ronnie who could run the Wildcat then I'd imagine we'd look at Derrick Williams. :shifty:

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The issue for me with a WR is we need a premium #1. Im not sure we can draft one unless we are really lucky like KC with Bowe. Id rather go after an Antonio Bryant or TJ Houshmazilly and keep Cam/Bess as 2-3.

Ginn is a huge question for me. He made some big plays at times but was virtually invisible at others. Im not sure I see where his place is.

Robiskie I see as a solid future 2-3 guy, not a 1. Hakeem Nicks could be the solid late first rounder who can immediately step into a big role, though there are rarely WRs that produce much in their first season.

8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Just because he was invisible, it doesn't mean he wasn't open (if even on the field). Hell, lots of times he was even double covered.

If you don't see where we could use a guy like Ginn on this team, I am just glad you aren't GM. :up:

I am not down with Bryant (only does well in contract years) unless it is a 1/2 year deal, and I really don't like TJ enough to give him the money he will be looking for (especially given his age).

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    my bad bro, i thought maybe you were from some of your comments in this thread. i just wanted you to know i enjoyed it:up:

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    My bad if I gave off the wrong impression. Good lookin' out though, much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it. :up:

11. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Would you use Ginn to fumble away any chance of a comeback? :tongue2:

Seriously though, I was high on the Ginn pick when it happened, but he just isnt showing me much. Flashes here and there, but nothing consistent to me. With the way Bess and Greg have stepped up, I think its clear they are 2-3 on the chart. Can one of them be a 1? Im not sure they can. Can Ginn be a 1? Im not sure either. I just dont know where he fits. If we keep him for next year he definately needs to step up and play.
    The big issue is IF we get another player, who stays and who goes? Obviously we can just dump Wilford and London, but we would be paying 2 guys big money (Ginn and the FA/Rook), and Cam will be getting a solid contract this offseason too. Perhaps the FO is looking to just let him go then, but I think thats a mistake unless they see him and Bess as the same role.
    I just wanted Ginn to step up more this year and he really didnt to me. I guess we just need to see what the front office and coaches think of him. :up:

12. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I think the Lions will take a lineman and a quarterback in the first round, so I agree with your selections for them. I just don't know if maybe they'll take Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe with the first selection, and maybe hope that Matthew Stafford is there with the pick they received from the Cowboys.

13. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    i would really like to keep London around.

14. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007

Maybe because Ginn is a pure deep threat trying to be changed into a #1 WR who isn't ready to take on that role. Its kinda hard to be a deep threat with Chad at QB.