1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Clark Kent, Apr 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Updated!

Detroit
    QB Matthew Stafford
    Just signed a monster deal. Not loving this pick. Shoring up other positions would be smarter, IMO. Next years QB will be much better and you'd still be picking #1 next year anyway...

St. Louis
    T Jason Smith
    The offensive line isn't very good. Marc Bulger is getting killed and upgrades are needed to save what little of a career he has left.

KC
    DE Tyson Jackson
    Reports are KC really likes Jackson. SP is the new GM and on his way creating a new 3-4 scheme and he selects his Richard Seymour/Ty Warren. This guy has rocketed to the top of the draft...

Seattle
    LB Aaron Curry
    Peter King said the pick at #4 is going to be Curry or Crabtree. Since Seattle just dished out big money for T.J. I don't know if WR is still on their radar. Word is they want to win now though and Curry should immediately help a terrible defense.

Cleveland
    WR Crabtree
    There were two articles recently that came to very different conclusions. One said Crabtree was well received and the other states Crabtree turned some people off with his attitude. Who knows what to believe, but Edwards is on the trading block. If he goes, then what? Cleveland needs the crab. If Edward stays then you have a dynamic duo.

Cinci
    DT B.J. Raji
    Cinci wanted Ellis last draft and came up short. With a stud DT on the board Cinci cannot refuse. Like Oakland, character issues are welcome. It's a good fit. T is a need, but I imagine that Cinci can trade up in round 1 and grab one of the 2nd tier lineman. After Raji the DT dropoff is huge.

Oakland
    T Eugene Monroe
    I think Maclin and DHB have a shot here. And yes, Al Davis is nuts and unpredictable, but I think he invests in oline to help his QB from being crushed. They signed Kahlif Barnes in the off-season, but he's not anything special...

Jacksonville
    T Michael Oher
    Jacksonville could go in a few different directions such as WR or QB. I think they go T because of last season. David Garrad was murdered last year by opposing defenses and something needs to be done. No QB can be successful without protection. With Tory Holt signed I think it sends a clear message that they're trying to win NOW. No Sanchez, no rebuilding.

Green Bay
    DE Brian Orakpo
    Welcome to the NFC north Jay Cutler... Packers need to upgrade their pass rush and with Cutler's arrival it's imperative they put him on his back. I think GB will check out some T in the 2nd round.

San Fran
    QB Mark Sanchez
    If Marky Mark is still on the board, how can they pass? Alex Smith is a failure and Shuan Hill isn't the long term solution. This pick could be traded to Denver at 12 or Washington at 13.

Buffalo
    DE Aaron Maybin
    Buffalo's pass rush was awful last year. They need a major upgrade at DE and they'll take raw but talented Maybin.

Denver
    LB Brian Cushing
    Maybe he's more suited for ILB in the 3-4 but ultimately his versatility is what is going to sell Denver. Cushing can do a few things pretty well and that is going to play well on one of the worst defenses in the NFL

Washington
    T Andre Smith
    DE is a need too, but considering they spent 100 million on 1 dlineman, I think they shore up there Oline and find another rusher later.

New Orleans
    LB Clay Matthews
    NO could go RB or Secondary here but they have a big need for LB. CM is the best available on the board and NO picks him up.

Houston
    DE Robert Ayers
    LB is a need, but there are none left. Instead Houston gives Mario Williams a new friend to help out. It's also possible that Hou drafts Beanie wells to compliment Steve Slaton. It's hard to make that call though, this defense is rather ****ty and they're in a division with Peyton (which is why they went Mario Williams > Reggie Bush).

SD
    LB Rey Maualuga
    Chargers don't have a ton of needs, but ILB is certainly a position that could be upgraded. Rey fits too because it's likely he can play right away on a team competing for championships.

NYJ
    WR DHB
    DHB is raw but his size and speed is to good to pass up. NY needs a WR to replace Coles and to help whatever QB they throw to the wolves next season.

Denver
    CB Malcolm Jenkins
    Bailey is breaking down and Andre Goodman isn't anything special. He's a stop gap at best. Jenkins can play nickle for now and move into the starters role as time goes on.

Tampa
    QB Josh Freeman
    The team is rebuilding and Morris has connections with K-state and is said to like Freeman a bunch. Not crazy about Freeman at all and think he could be available in round 2.

Detroit
    TE Brandon Pettigrew
    They've invested 71-78 mill into Stafford and it's time to get him weapons. Calvin Johnson is l337 and Kevin Smith is pretty decent. Adding BP is like adding an extra tackle on the field who can catch and be that safety valve.

Philly
    RB Knowshon Moreno
    Reports are they love Moreno. He would immediately help an offense that features often injured Brian Westbrook. If this team is going to add a WR it better be Boldin... A rookie WR isn't helping McNabb or the Eagles this season and who knows how many seasons they have left.

Minnesota
    T Ebon Britton
    Reprts from Minny say that the team is looking at Britton and Harvin. Since Harvin is a dumbass, I'm thinking they go Britt. Perhaps Minny might get involved in the Boldin sweepstakes?

NE
    T William Beatty
    Rumors are that NE wants in the top 10 to grab a lineman. if they can't, It's possible they'll settle for one of the second tier lineman. Beatty is the best man standing at this point.

Atlana
    DT Ziggy Hood
    Atlanta passed on Glenn Dorsey for Matt Ryan in 08 and I think they get their DT with this pick. I think they could focus on CB as well, namely the next pick

Miami
    CB Darius Butler
    Dolphins have 2 big needs. Pass rushers and cornerbacks. At this point it doesn't matter which one goes first, the other need will be filled at some point in round 2. DB is probably the best defensive player on the board.

Baltimore
    WR Jeremy Maclin
    There's a trend going on in the NFL. More and more teams are shying away from 1st round WR. They're expensive and are boom or bust types. Maclin will freefall IMO because of this trend. He's a Ted Ginn type which should make Cam Cam happy and give Flacco another weapon.

Indy
    DT Peria Jerry
    Cover 2 DT for a C2 defense. Match made in heaven. Watch out though... Colts might try to fill Harrison's shoes with this pick.

Buffalo
    T Phil Loadholt
    Langston is their LT and PL will be there RT. Way to trade a good LT only to have to draft an inferior RT... FAIL.

NYG
    WR Kenny Britt
    Eli needs a WR. More specifically, he needs a tall WR. Kenny Britt is a good route runner and is ahead of the cure in that regard. This pick might belong to Cleveland before the day is done. In that case, I think they'll take Beanie Wells... Until then, it's NYG pick and they go Britt.

Tennessee
    CB Alphonso Smith
    WR needs a WR. But they never draft them. why? Like many other teams they recognize drafting WR with your #1 pick is not smart. Nick Harper is old and will be replaced soon enough. AS is extremely talented and should be a good fit for the titans.

Arizona
    RB Beanie Wells
    I think someone is going to trade up to grab him at some point, but I'm not trying to predict trades. If BW is still on the board, Arizona is going to orgasm. Edge is old and isn't going to produce for 16 games in a season. Hightower is not a full back either. BW would add a dimension to an offense which will need it once Bolding is released. Which makes me wonder... Is Arizona really committed to winning? They almost lost Warner to FA over 2 million dollars and now they're dumping Bolding for a 2nd and a player? Idiots...

Pitt
    DE Jarron Gilbert
    Pitt is known for tough D. and Gilbert will add to an aging dline. With the run on OT, Pitt might go Meredith just to be safe.

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    updated and organized so it's easier to read.

What do you think?

3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Pretty good overall IMO. I even agree with you on two or three. Your Pettigrew argument makes a lot of sense. Hope it holds true 'cause I don't want us to take him (even though I'm sure he would be a very safe/solid pick). Your Tyson Jackson claim also has a lot of credibility from what I'm hearing. I've heard Cleveland won't take Crabtree if he's still there. We'll see if that's true or not. I think Oakland takes DHB, not an O-lineman (hey, it's Al Davis we're talking about here..."baby").

Probably the biggest thing for me though is I don't see Everette Brown on your list. Maybe that's simply an oversight. But, no way he falls into round two (much less past #25) IMO.

But, hey...WTF do I know? :wink2: