My off season wishlist

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsbuck719, Dec 8, 2010.

1. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I am saying that getting one of those top notch receivers is almost wasting money. None will come cheap (other than Jacoby Jones and probably Braylon, but they are bums either way). I just don't understand Dolphin fans sometimes. They bag on Henne and say he is not the answer, but then they say we have a terrible #2 receiver, average running game, and a bad playcaller. I also don't understand how Hartline has done anything wrong for us...43 rec, 615 yards, and a TD in just 11 games. That means he would be on pace for 63 receptions for almost 900 yards if he played the entire season. What more could you ask for from a #2 receiver in as balanced of an offense as ours is? Not to mention this is his second season in the NFL.

That is what mind boggles me the most. The guy can play and he has even put up pretty decent stats already in his career with our system. Why get another guy that is going to cost a lot more and possibly not help the development of Henne at all? I say stick with our top 3 receivers and try to get him like a James Jones who could be great as a #4, while one of our rookies develop. I would love to see if Kevin Curtis still has something left in the tank. That would be a nice #4 receiver for us for a couple of seasons.

I would like Ryan Williams too. Tbh, I wouldn't be disappointed with either pick (Ingram or Williams), but do I prefer Ingram over Williams? Yes. But again, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Ryan.

Why would we get a guy like Jonathan Joseph? Vontae and Sean both proved this year they both can be starters and both have played extremely well this season. Much improvement from last year. Our nickel seems to be a toss up. I can't stand Benny Sapp after watching him this year and it looks like it's going to take Nolan Carroll a couple of seasons to learn and develop.

I'm just not understanding much of your reasoning. We are 3-4 key positions away from being Super Bowl contenders. That being RB, one more depth WR, our interior offensive line, and possibly an ILB if Crowder is gone after this season. So, why do we need to go get another starting CB? Why do we need to draft a CB, DE, or NT early, even if they are the best at their position? Our defensive line has probably been the best asset of our entire team this season and our CBs have looked pretty solid all year (especially Vontae and Sean). I understand maybe drafting depth players or picking up depth players via FA, but not using our #1 draft pick on one of those positions.

The biggest reason why I want to take a RB in the 1st is because RBs usually have quick learning curves, and I feel that we can make a solid playoff run even with a legitimate rookie RB carrying most of the load (that being Williams or Ingram).

Why do we need to have big plays to win games? Why does our number 2 receiver HAVE to make big plays? Why don't you question Brandon Marshall or Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams? These are supposed to be our big play guys, but I haven't seen it yet this season. Maybe the one nice 50 yard run by Ronnie against the Vikings, but that's about it. Plus, all the mistakes those guys have made don't make up for the few "big" plays they have made this season.

I just don't see how someone who is reliable, moving the chains, and making the plays he needs to, needs to be benched...The guy put up solid stats for a number 2 receiver in our system. Also, don't forget, we pretty much treat Davone Bess like our number 2 receiver, even though he mainly lives in the slot. He is our go to guy on 3rd down and gets looked at probably more than any other receiver on the team. So, I am pretty satisfied with Hartline's production when he has guys like Bess and Marshall taking looks away from him, and the fact that we aren't like the Patriots or Colts. We are very balanced for the most part.