1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My offseason player plan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nando03, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Nando03

Nando03 New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Washington, DC

So here is my plan for the offseason. It might be a stretch but very possible. Obviously "The Tuna" and Ireland may not agree with me but hey this is why we read these.

There are about 6 players I'd love to sign this offseason however I know we won't get a shot at all 6 of them. So I'm going to go with 2. I hope that we sign 2 solid FA's this offseason that will make our draft easier and our team overall younger. I feel we should resign Rex Hadnot. Keeping our O-line as intact as possible would help out a lot. I like Carey at LT. I feel we need a RT and would love to sign Faneca as well, but that is wishful thinking. Mormino is coming back and hopefully he plays up to the potential that we saw in him last year.

1. Nnamdi Asomugha CB Oakland - I he is in the option year of his contract and I can all but guarantee that he will opt out of his final year in order to sign a lucrative deal. It might be with Oakland, but if he hits the FA market I would love for us to through some of our big Cap space at him. He could solidify our secondary and would give us a 2 real starters at CB.

2. Albert Haynesworth NG Tennessee - We know Bill Parcells likes that 3-4 and we don't have a NG to play in the middle of that 3-4 other then Traylor whom is probably going to retire. Well Haynesworth fills that hole in a big way.

Trades:

As far as I know I don't think that Todd Collins is going to be a FA. If he is, then we should probably make a push for him. If not, then I think we should consider giving Washington a 4th rounder, maybe a 3rd to get him. Green is/should retire after being knocked out of two seasons in a row with concussions and we should try and make him our QB's coach. haha Collins would be a good Vet QB acquisition to help ease John Beck along. I believe Beck will be our starter towards the end of this next upcoming season.

Draft:

Positions of need: DE, OT, CB, TE, OG

1st round: Chris Long DE Virginia - With the signing of Albert Haynesworth I feel that we need a DE to go opposite Jason Taylor(meaning I think he will be on our team next year). Chris long can play DE in both the 4-3 and 3-4. He has great size and speed and help our D-line a ton. I've seen him play many times this year being from MD and he requires a double team almost as much as Dorsey does. He is a great pass rusher but also plays the run very well. His motor never stops and he plays with a ton of heart.

2nd round A: Aqib Talib CB Kansas - I know some of you are going to say, why pick a CB so high when we signed on in FA. Well the problem is we have no depth at CB. I would love to see Talib develope into a starter because as good a season as Will Allen had, we could potentially have another Surtain/Madison combo with Asomugha/Talib. It's hard to say no to that. Not having any good CB's this year other then Allen hurt us a ton. Every other CB on our roster was rocked this year. Lehan, Daniels, Goodman hurt our secondary more then helped it.

2nd round B: Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College - Another ACC team that I get to watch frequently. Cherilus could be our other book-end for years to come. I would love to see him playing RT for us and Carey at LT would give us a very solid O-line. Satele in the middle and Hadnot and Mormino would be a young and exciting O-line to watch Ronnie run behind.

3rd round: Martin Rucker TE Missouri - At 6' 6" 255 this guy can move and catch the ball. He blocks pretty well also. I don't think David Martin is cutting it. Justin Peele is the man and I love him and his heart. I'd love to see as our starter because he is like a poorman's Antonio Gates. He has soft hands and doesn't drop the ball too often.

it's late, and I'm kind of tired. So you have FA and 1st day of draft. I'll come back and do the 2nd day tomorrow. Let me know what you think so far. Peace

*Edit: After a night of sleep and careful consideration, I have changed my mind on Todd Collins. I agree that we shouldn't give up a pick above a 6th rounder for him.

Someone like McKown can be signed for no draft picks in Free Agency. So scratch that and add in McKown.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  2. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I like everything except bringing in Todd Collins at QB and giving the Skins a 4th. :up:

3. Nando03

Nando03 New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Fair enough...I don't want to give away a 4th for him either. I'm hoping a 5th would do it. I could have sworn I heard he is going to be a FA but I did some research and couldn't find anything that said he is going to hit the FA market.

4. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    i like where ur coming from but hadnot is just solid ntn more. Parcells loves the trenches n solid wont cut it for him.

I love the CB acquisition, but hanyes isnt goin to hit hte market hes goin to get tagged if not contract agreement according to the titans.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    i like everything because its a possibility aside from the Haynesworth signing. I dont see him leaving tennekey due to the franchise tag being placed on him. i would love asoughma.

6. grushcow

grushcow New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    that draft is very wishful thinking, talib in the 2nd would be a miracle and rucker in the 3rd would also be shocking, maybe with our second 2nd rounder.

7. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    No thanks @ giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick for a 36-year old backup QB because of a few games of production. Everything else looks fine, though.....

8. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I wouldn't give up anymore picks for any older QB's...haven't we learned something about that?
    the 2 free agents would be good but if we do that then I wouldn't use the 32 pick on a corner tho I get your point.....I'd probably get an OT in round 3 instead of round 2...I like Rucker but I doubt he last that long...love Long at 1 if we stay there...hoping we move down a little and still get him.

Ozzy rules!!