1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My opinions on Reggie Bush being in at the end of the first half.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Trowa, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I've seen some comments scattered about the threads about why was Bush left in at the end of the first half. A lot of people are bagging on Philbin for it. But I would say, why not? Reggie Bush is a player that can take ball the length of the field on every play. We ran a play where we got him the ball in a game where points were at a premium. In today's game EVERY play was important. So why should they have benched Bush when we had an opportunity to get the ball in his hands in a game where he was doing well. The outcome of the play is insignificant in the decision to run the play.

Ophinerated, Paul 13 and brandon27 like this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I absolutely agree. No doubt in my mind if Im the coach, Reggie is out there in that situation. Especially the way he's been running this year so far. Youre playing it safe by running the clock, but in a sense, its still being a bit aggressive thinking Reggie has a good chance to break one, especially when the D is flowing to the middle of the line to stuff every run, knowing youre going to run, thats the ideal situation for Reggie to cut it back outside and take it to the house. I cant fault Philbin & company on this one.

The decision to play DT in the runs at the end of the game and not Lamar Miller... thats a whole other issue to me.

Trowa and Ophinerated like this.
  3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yep, and DT has shown he can't be trusted to simply take a hand off at the end of a half.

As for DT over LM in the 4th quarter. Supposedly that had to do with the offense we were running, a lot of single back or shotgun stuff. So I would be upset about the decision to run that stuff more than choosing to play DT over Miller. We should have gone two back and just ran it down their throats. We really got away from that in the 4th quarter. Sherman saw Revis was out and lost his mind.

Trowa and Ophinerated like this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Once you have decided your going into the locker room before the drive starts, the play is dead..you don't hope for an 80 yard run in that situation over getting your star player hurt on a meaningless play imo.

Dtronic and ToddPhin like this.
  5. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    This. They were playing to run the clock out and make the Jets use their TO's. You might as well take a knee. The lesson should have been learned in Week 1. It wasn't.

Dtronic and ToddPhin like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sileo mentioned Reggie B getting an MRI tomorrow.

7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Completely agree. Was thinking the same thing when it happened, Red.

8. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    But how do you know they decided that before the drive?

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Situational football, your close to your own end zone, rookie qb, less than 50 secs I believe, you call your first play a running one?