1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Predictions For the Final 53 and Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brown42000, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Here is how I think the roster will look come the September 7th season opener.

I'm aware I listed some of the players at positions they won't be starting at but in this scheme a lot of players will be moving around.

They are also listed in no particular order

QB
    Chad Pennington
    Chad Henne
    Josh McCown

RB
    Ricky Williams
    Ronnie Brown
    Patrick Cobbs

FB
    Boomer Grigsby

WR
    Ted Ginn
    Derek Hagan
    Davone Bess
    Ernest Wilford
    Greg Camarillo

TE
    Anthony Fasano
    Sean Ryan
    David Martin

Tackle
    Jake Long
    Vernon Carey
    Ike Ndukwe
    Trey Darilek
    Daren Heerspink

Guard
    Justin Smiley
    Donald Thomas
    Shawn Murphy
    Matt Spanos

Center
    Samson Satele

Defensive End
    Kendall Langford
    Vonnie Holliday
    Randy Starks
    Phillip Merling

Defensive Tackle
    Jason Ferguson
    Rod Wright
    Paul Soliai

Outside Linebacker
    Joey Porter
    Charlie Anderson
    Reggie Torbor
    Matt Roth
    Quentin Moses

Inside Linebacker
    Akin Ayodele
    Channing Crowder
    Edmond Miles

Defensive Back
    Andre Goodman
    Michael Lehan
    Will Allen
    Jason Allen
    Yeremiah Bell
    Joey Thomas
    Keith Davis
    Renaldo Hill
    Nathan Jones
    Chris Crocker

Kicker
    Dan Carpenter

Punter
    Brandon Fields

LS
    John Denhey

Thats my prediction for the final 53 and now my practice squad prediction.

Practice Squad
    Jalen Parmalee
    Lionel Dotson
    Rob Ninkovich
    Lex Hilliard
    Anthony Armstrong
    Anthony Torbio
    Kelly Poppinga
    Courtney Brown

These guys are goners in my opinion.

John Beck
    Reagan Mauia
    Justin Peelle
    David Kircus
    Chris Roberson
    Matthew Mulligan
    Mike Byrne
    Jayson Foster
    Maurice Fountain
    Junior Glymph
    Titus Brown
    Will Billingsley

What do you fellas think of my prediction for the Miami Dolphins 2008 roster?

SuncoastFinsFan and Kanye West like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I still think its early for a 53 man prediction and kind of hard to predict due to us likely acquiring players via waiver wire. I think you'll see Titus Brown and Jayson Foster on the practice squad. Renaldo Hill could be gone. The battle between Kircus and Camarillo will be a good one imo, I don't think you went wrong with Kircus there since both are good for the fifth spot imo. I think Parmele makes the roster. He hits the whole hard with speed and power. Also, Ninkovich is one of the backup OLB's I believe so he is likely to stick.

Again, still early because of the possible waiver wire acquisitions but I think you did a good job of cutting it down with the current 75 man roster.

padre31 and Brown42000 like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think its pretty close to what we might see.

I think it might still be too early to settle the FB battle though. I like your choices are WR, I think Camarillo and Kircus are sitll a tossup at this point too though. Kircus has looked good in some game situations, made some nice plays in the TB game, so that probably helps him out a bit..

Other than that I cant disagree much. I think Mccown might get the edge over beck simply based on experience. Im not sure thats the right decision, but I can understand it. Im glad I don't have to make it.

Brown42000 likes this.
  4. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Updated after the Travis Daniels trade and will continue to update as transactions happen.

5. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Good job bro I agree with a lot of it. But know John Dunlap are you kidding me he will be the next Chad Johnson. Just kidding. Great job

Brown42000 likes this.
  6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Pretty good.
    I do thing they will keep Pelle.

Fin Fan In Cali and Brown42000 like this.
  7. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    No camarillo? Last years hero and by most accounts the most QB friendly Wr through all of camp. Some reports said him and Hagan had the best camp

8. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I agree with the bolded. As high as BP was on this kid, I don't think he goes anywhere. Honestly, I think that's why they haven't played him that much in games, especially at KR/PR. They don't want another team to see him and pick him up off waivers. I think it's been their plan all along to stash him on the PS.

Aside from that, I also agree that Parmalee prob makes the roster, and with the way Sparano was talking about Hill yesterday at the PC, he might make it also. IMO the bottom half of the o-line is going to be turnover from the waiver wire, as well as possibly some CB's, depending on who's available.

Other than that, I think you got a pretty accurate list there, Brown. Good job. :knucks:

9. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Parmalee and Mauia will be on the 53

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Camarillo is having an average camp and Kicus is a good possesion receiver and is a better special teams player.

I'm aware I listed some of the players at positions they won't be starting at but in this scheme a lot of players will be moving around. Either way I see them both making the team.

They are also listed in no particular order. I may have to look it over again and make a change or two but I'll wait until the next pre-season game to decide if I will make a change.

11. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Good list. I disagree in a couple of areas.

I think we'll pickup off the waiver wire:

WR, waive Kircus
    TE, waive Martin
    OL, waive Nduke

Titus Brown and Jayson Foster--Practice Squad
    Lionel Dotson and Lex Hilliard----cut

But for the most part, I like your list.

Brown42000 likes this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    IMO, Cammarillo beats out Kirkus as he is a better ST player in terms of kick coverage, that was how Camarillo made his bones, and your practice squad has KR aplenty in Foster and Armstrong in case Ginn is injured.

And Moses has done -0-, Ninkovich has played better, and he also plays ST.

13. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I think Mauia is going to be on the outside looking in.:wink2:

MrClean, funkdat and calphin like this.
  14. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    The wide receivers need to make sure they catch everything. There could be wide receivers that are brought on to this team that are free agents now, or will be released in the future.

15. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    I like it, however I'm not sure Crowder will be replaced by Akin. Crowder is a leader on defense and I can't see him fulfilling that role as a back up.

16. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Hey Jim have you posted over at JetNation yet with your new sig?:lol:

17. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I thought the PS was only 5 players?

18. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Oh yeah, it's my avatar. BP said is was bad photoshopping, but I know he secretly likes it :lol:

19. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Totally agree with this, but I understand why the FO is shopping Beck. If we can get good value for him, I won't be totally heartbroken to see him go.

However, if we can't, he needs to stay with the team over McCown.

IMO.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nope, its eight.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  21. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Not from what I have read. Camarillo has shined more so than Kircus and I believe it is Camarillo who is more of a special teams ace. That is how he made the team last year and has continued to impress in kick coverage this year. I do like Kircus though and would like to see him make the team

22. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    They aren't listed in any particular order. I think I'll put that in the OP to avoid any more confusion.

23. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yup. We generally carry one FB, and Grigsby looks better in that role, is a decisive and capable lead blocker and also looks better on STs covering punts and kicks. He'll be one of our leading STs tacklers this year, IMO.

Mauia looks like another wasted pick by the inept Casper Milquetoast regime.

24. MrClean

It does no good, makes no sense, I agree, to have McCown as the #3.
    The only possible idea I could imagine they have in mind, is if they trade or release Beck, that they cut McCown too, and bring in someone from the outside as the #3 developmental QB. Does anyone else carry a mediocre journeyman as their #3 I wonder?

25. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Awesome.

26. MrClean

That would make more sense to me, than keeping McCown over Beck, no matter how the remaining three were ranked on the depth chart. There is still a chance, and not a bad chance, that Beck could develop into a solid NFL starter, whereas McCown has developed into what he is, a journeyman QB that one is always looking to upgrade from. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather keep Beck, BUT if he were traded or waived, then I would cut ties with McCown too, and bring in another young QB to be the #3 developmental QB.
    The thing that makes the least sense IMO in any possible scenario is to have a veteran journeyman as the #3

I don't agree that a rookie as the #2 is an inevitable disaster though, and it doesn't appear so far that ParcellsCo does either. Granted many rookie QBs struggle, but a fair number play pretty well when given the chance. If Henne has earned the #2 spot by his performance in the minds of the coaches, I think we need to acquiesce to those who are in a better position to make this judgment.

About Beck, one thing is for certain in my mind, last year should not play a major part in deciding how likely he is to become a solid pro QB. I'd have liked to seen him play last year before the offense was depleted of most of the main weapons. Just like I wish we could see how well Henne would connect with having Chambers as one of his main weapons. :)

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  27. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Only 4 rbs/fbs ?? Given RW and RB issues (RW wigging out and Brown's injuries) they'll be more comfortable with 5 at bodies at this position...I think Parmele makes the final 53 and we lose an OL or a LB....

28. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Looks good, but I think there will be many changes once cut-downs come and we see who is on the wavier wire.