1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sunday afternoon NFL Network Pats vrs Dolphins game thread..Anyone else watchin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 16, 2010.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    adalius thomas had a very nice game against us, big man moves well, he's the reason why iam so perplexed Belicek did'nt make a move for JT..

Man does Belicek respect JT's game...maybe he saw regression on the tape when evaluating him as a free agent..

2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

Sorry it just seems that some of you are just trying to force him into the line up......and he really hasn't earned it.

He's hasn't established himself as much of threat and you and Pads are ready to hand him Ricky's role in the "Jets sweep"...... to me, that's just ridiculous. Ricky is a monster running that play, regardless of the fact he's no threat to pass. I'll take what RW can give us from that role 100 times out of 100 over White.

And...... if you wanna pass, instead of getting cute.......leave Henne in there, let him play fake and push the ball down field to Marshall or Hartline. Another situation that I would pick hands down over putting White in the game..

This fits an old saying......"A dollar waiting on a nickel"

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Having Henne on the field during a wildcat play with intention for him to pass is getting cute, what iam sayin is White has the skill to play that specific role at least, because he does have scrambling ability and the arm to make the throw.....he just needs some time and so does the formation..this baby is still in its infant stages..

As far as the jet sweep goes, IF, and its a big if at this point, Pat can take the place of ricky in that jet sweep, you have just taken the wildcat to another level... The safety will not be able to sell out, Brandon Marshall becomes a threat within the wildcat, ronnie could easily just give the ball to pat on the sweep, he drops step back and fires a deep pass to Marsh...once that is executed, ONCE, then my friend, we will have something truly special in this formation, because then, when ronnie does'nt give the ball up on the sweep to Pat, the safety is not in the box and people have to respect the pass of white, even if he hasnt completed one, because everyone does know, he is an athlete that can throw a football, which is all we need him to be, which in turn, allows the smashcat, which includes that oline of ours, to run against that honest front...thats the ultimate goal.

The potential of this scenario and what it means to ronnie in the wildcat, and the space it could create, behooves us to be a little more patient with this young wildcat prospect..

JS, you need to watch this patriot game again man....kid was put in hairy situations as an underdeveloped rookie, and executed his job on everyplay, made some jukes, avoided some hits, made the right reads, and played pretty well..