1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts and apologies

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JMHPhin, Sep 26, 2011.

1. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    First off I would like to say a big thank you to Muck for removing some questionable posts from me yesterday. I deserve the pm you gave me muck and needless to say I am embarrassed by my actions. That was not me, not who I am and not what I desire to be. So while not reiterating what I said, but I apologize to all for my severely drunken tirade.

Now what I realized and what precipitated the comments. I am so angry as we all are, but for me I am always an optimist, I look to see the positive in the hope that this brings better future. since 2001, I have watched this once proud franchise go downhill, 2004 and 2007 were teh toughest years to watch. Those are the only 2 years where I couldnt wait for the season to end. They were embarrasing years. This year I am almost at that point, and I am an optimist. This team lacks the killer heart. The one that says I am going to make the play. we fall short. This coach falls short, this offense falls short, the defense falls short. This is teh root of my anger, I lost hope yesterday and cant wait for the season to end. This team sucks it suscks because the talent on this team is better than what we are playing like.

Now I saw alot o people saying Henne is not teh qb, henne suck, henne this. I will say I understand why, that it is easy to look at him and say he didnt make teh plays. I believe this is short sighted. I saw a diff qb than what some other saw. I saw him play well, the last int again was a 4th down last ditch emergency throw. he made throws, he hit receivers. Did he make enough? no but there isnt always simplistic blame. we as a team suck as a red zone team. Marshall is a great receiver, but he isnt a great red zone receiver, we schematically arent a great red zone team. We need to get fasano involved in the red zone. Swing Bush out pulling a lb out of the middle. It is all spread when we pass. why not run teh bunch offense and pass out of it? Anyway, Henne needs to make plays there. but it isnt all his fault. Brady and manning are elite, Chad isnt. Chad isnt gonna make the plays that they do. But he needs to include other options in teh red zone rather than going solely to marshall. he should have 3 legit routes called and read quick and decide. But the calls have to fit that from the coaches.

It is easy to blame 1 player, henne played well but he isnt the guy that the top 5 are that will make plays on their own in teh red zone, Chad is getting better, but he has to get there soon (his cieling) or he will be stuck here he is and that wont keep him entrenched going forward. But the offense as whole needs to get consistent, too many mistakes. Bush needs to hold onto teh ball, we have to use him where is suited and not where he wants, D THomas is the "running" back, Bush is the all purpose weapon, he needs to accept what he is and excel at it, he is a weapon but not a between the tackles weapon. He is an in space player, swings, reverses, pitches, short comebacks, crossing patterns etc that get hi in space.

Our receivers have shown they can make plays, utilize them correctly. ealize their talents and use them correctly.

Defense looked much better yesterday but still when the game is on teh line, they let them off teh hook. no pressure on that last drive, soft off coverage prevent. All they had to do is not allow a td and they allowed a td. Wilson cannot allow the receiver to get behind hi if no safety help. Cant. Sean Smith on teh massoqui td looked lost and out of place, he looked indecisive, like he didt know to play teh receiver or the ball, in the end he was played. the defense played well enough to win, they should have, the offense didnt put up points that would have helped the defense.

I told browns fans friends that the browns were gonna win when we were dominating and they laughed, I said watch, we are dominating and not scoring points. We are letting them hang around and then sure eough Hardesty starting getting off on some runs, then they hit the td that tied it. then we failed to answer w/ tds after we regained momentum. The end result is we let the gae sit there where one play ends the game, a game we outplayed them, but lost because both sides of teh ball failed to excute in the end.

this is teh first time that I felt that Sparano is not equipped/prepared/unsure of how to deal with this Has he lost the team? or is the team just soft? mentally soft? did we lose our attitude with Crowder? maybe his play wasnt always great but he brought fire.

Something's lacking and I am not sure what it is. I think it is way too simplistic to point to one player.

HenneNator and Stitches like this.