1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Thoughts From Above

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyBobby, Aug 19, 2014.

1. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I'm high.

I'm not sure Tannehill will ever be on the same page with Wallace on the deep ball but I think Tannehill will improve. I'm guessing 30tds and <15ints.

Hartline doesn't fit. No YAC. He does have a nice relationship with Tannehill bit I suspect he won't be relied upon as much as he has been in the past.

One, if not both, are headed towards the end of their dolphins career. I expect a big year from the trio below them.

I'd prefer Wallace just BC of the speed. Can't replace that.

Miller is not good.
    Daniel Thomas may be our best back in this offense. His only competition is Moreno.

Thiggy might make the team and have an expanded role?

If by week 4 our OL still sucks I'd me amazed. Pouncey rerning and Albert and James at OT should be a good base to work from. We have like 10 OGs...make it work.

Put Billy Turner at LG and cement the left side for the future.

I like Mitchell.

Misi will be a fine MLB. Biggest issue will be zone responsibilities. Wheeler and Ellerbe need good years or they are gone. But that's okay BC I love McCain. Tripp should be nice too.

Odrick, Shelby, Vernon, Jordan, McCain and Misi should make us a dynamic defense.

3rd down defense should be:

Vernon Odrick/Mitchell/Starks Wake
    Jordan McCain
    Davis Finnegan Delmas Jones Wilson Grimes

Run a cover 4 and the 2 LBs can nearly cover the entirety of the shallow area. Or one could blitz.

Pandarilla, Paul 13, SICK and 9 others like this.
  2. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Not bad. Take out Wilson and you're good.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I love every thing about this thread.

RickyBobby and Bpk like this.
  4. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    From you're post I can see you are high on McCain even as an undrafted rookie, as many of us are. I assume this is the only thing you're high on?

5. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    You had me at "I'm high"

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Pandarilla, RickyBobby, SICK and 10 others like this.
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Now. Will you please just tell us who/what killed Killer, B?

[​IMG]

7. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I literally had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from spewing the water I was drinking from getting all over my computer! I was NOT expecting that, but it gave a great laugh!

Thanks OP!

PhinishLine and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  8. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm high.

[​IMG]

9. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Another usual, poorly executed joke for you

10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Man, I thought you were posting this from beyond the grave.

Paul 13, dolfan32323, Bpk and 4 others like this.
  11. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    - :oldtoker: :butthead:

- Agree about Tanne. I hope he can improve on those deep balls to Wallace as that would mean many more TDs, but he has a lot of weapons. He can really spread the ball around. He has good options.

- Hartline may not have big Yac, but he's been a very consistent possession type receiver. With that said, factoring in some of the new and younger additions, I do think he may be on the way out.

- Obviously I agree. I too would keep Wallace and that's an understatement.

- I honestly think Miller should be out of there and I liked Miller a lot. He was my third rated back in that draft, but he's been extremely underwhelming. He can see and hit the crease hard and jet through(that doesn't sound too good.:)), but he has absolutely no power and not much wiggle. He runs into a pile and just dies. Not much juking. Depending on how Moreno is when he comes back and I hope he's the answer, but honestly, at this point, not knowing such, I would start D. Williams and spell him with Darkwa. Nothing to lose.

- Neither here nor there on Thiggy

- Agree about the OL

- I am really not sure about the Misi in the Middle project. He too, imo, has been underwhelming. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I don't have a good feeling about that one.

- IMO, the jury is still out on DJ. We'll see.

12. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Spot on. Good work, Buzz!

RickyBobby likes this.
  13. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

Only thing I disagree on is Miller. He's prob never going to be a tackle-breaking or pounder at RB but he can do everything else for us if used correctly.

maynard, Tone_E, Paul 13 and 4 others like this.
  14. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    :lol: Oh man. That s--t cracks me up. Thanks dude.

slickj101 likes this.
  15. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Is this from the same movie?
    [​IMG]

Sceeto and Bpk like this.
  16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Was going to say this exact thing.

Even with that though, top notch thread. Would read again.

17. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    [​IMG]

Pandarilla, maynard, SICK and 3 others like this.
  18. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol No. The one I posted was Kickboxer I think.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008

[​IMG]

20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

[video=youtube;9RIS7KBZYXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RIS7KBZYXI[/video]

21. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    apparently Lazor's offense suits tailbacks who lack vision, toughness, and instincts the best. Daniel Thomas should thrive....if he even makes the team.

22. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Don't see it with Thigpen , if Landry and Williams can return punts and kicks I don't see Thigpen being a plus as a receiver over a 6th wr.

Pandarilla and Bpk like this.
  23. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    The first sentence here is clearly redundant.

KeyFin likes this.
  24. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Tannehill is not on the same page as Wallace because they haven't practiced together this off-season. Wallace has been hurt and he's been quoted as saying that it's not worth the reps on his sore leg. As you saw in this week's pre-season game though, Tannehill had him deep and Wallace lost it after turning his head the other way. That was a catchable ball, just like several of the passes were last year.

Also, Hartline has no yards after the catch because of the way we used him....where can he go when the majority of his throws are out of bounds and he's dragging his feet to get the completion? That was all bad coaching and not trusting your QB. That will change this season.

If we lose one of the two receivers, it will almost certainly be Wallace. He doesn't have the work effort on the field or off, and his speed is useless if he doesn't stretch for the ball on deep routes. While I would LOVE to see him work out, I lose less faith every time he takes the field and fails to impress. Wallace is still recovering from injury though, so I guess he deserves the benefit of the doubt for at least a few more weeks.

I agree with the trio below them though; we are going to have one of the premiere WR corps in the NFL this season. Miller is the only other player I'd challenge; I believe that he is good enough and he's going to have a much better season. He has extreme speed as well...we just haven't got him in space yet so he can prove it.

25. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    I like Daniel Thomas.

Rocky Raccoon and Stitches like this.
  26. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Again, Thomas has better vision, toughness and instincts than Miller

27. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Although not directly attributed, I'd argue toughness is one thing Thomas actual has (not most other good HB traits). I do not agree that toughness and durability are synonymous if you were going to point to his injury history as a rebuttal.

28. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I said it at the time...will repeat it again. After that Steeler game, Daniel Thomas should never have his toughness questioned.

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    How I picture RickyBobby typing this post:

[​IMG]

Pandarilla, gilv13 and ckparrothead like this.
  30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Oh and please make this a weekly blog for the site.....get stoned, type a blog with your thoughts on the previous game

profit.

RickyBobby and gilv13 like this.
  31. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Wait.

When was Jean-Claude Van Damme in one of the Breakin' movies???

Bpk likes this.
  32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    So, between Sam giving us a pregame prediction while drunk and Ricky giving us a post game recap while high, I guess Section should give us a Halftime Hooker Hookup and we'll have the big three covered for the Debauched Dolphins.

Pandarilla, RickyBobby and Section126 like this.
  33. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    perfect. I'll do a bump off a hookers booty at halftime and then breakdown what I think we will see for the rest of the game.

I got it covered.

34. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I just love the spirit of this thread. I don't agree with all the particulars. :)

1. I agree that Tannehill and Wallace may never fully be on the same page. In a way I was pretty discouraged by that near-miss against Tampa. I am not one of those that believes Wallace catches the ball if the defender never pinches his jersey. I believe the possibility of a connection was already dead at that point because Wallace zigged where Tannehill anticipated a zag. I wish Preseason Live would put out Coach's Tape so people could see that because the broadcast doesn't show it. But I was in the upper deck watching the play so I saw the bird's eye view. Wallace started outside and steered his way toward the numbers trying to maximize his separation from the corner, who had outside leverage on Wallace but without any safety help. Tannehill on the other hand is just throwing a deep fade. A deep fade by the book has outside placement, you get the ball somewhere between the numbers and the sideline. This meant that Wallace had to make somewhat of an emergency adjustment very late (because it takes some time for him to recognize where the ball is going), and this is the reason the ball was never going to be complete regardless of what the corner did. I don't know the nature of the miscommunications between the two...but they're pretty well-documented. They show up more often on routes over the middle of the field, but they're present on the deep ball as well.

2. Daniel Thomas being the best back on the roster I'm going to have to attribute to mind-altering drugs.

3. Sadly, Jarvis Landry's success on returns may end Marcus Thigpen's Dolphins career. That return ability has been the most pleasant surprise for me about Landry because he never did it in college and was never a great RAC guy either. He has kick returns of 25 and 26 yards which is decent, and kick returns have become a lot less important anyway because teams can force you into a touchback pretty easily nowadays. That 48 yard punt return was a real eye-opener though, and his decision-making has always been sound enough to trust him with making fair catches in appropriate situations.

4. The OL issues may persist for a bit depending on what they do. I don't believe they're going to bench Daryn Colledge. I think that's Philbin's boy and I've been told the same in conversations with some of our local media (one of which I had some drinks with last Friday). Maybe he gets hurt or something, I dunno. But right now the weak links in the run blocking would be Daryn Colledge, Samson Satele and JaWuan James...and that's enough to prevent things from getting off the ground. When Pouncey gets back that could change but I expect a period where Pouncey's going to be sub-par, before getting back up to his usual performance level. I think that's the most reasonable thing to expect.

5. I also believe the coaches will put Pouncey on PUP particularly when I heard A) Pouncey's own most optimistic assessment is being back for Week 4 whereas they have a Week 5 bye, and B) there was an acknowledgment by Pouncey that re-injuring the same repaired labrum is the primary concern. Basically if the Dolphins think Pouncey's optimistic scenario will be overshot by one week they'll likely decide to put him on PUP, and with the chances of re-injury foremost on their mind I think they'll err on the side of caution.

6. Shelby an integral part of the defense's being dynamic? I like him as a nice backup that can sub in and not embarrass himself, but I'm not sure I see him being dynamic.

7. The only player in your 3rd down defense that knows how to play as a real linebacker is a rookie UDFA who is converting to that position this season after a truncated college career as a defensive end and pass rusher. I can't get on board with that.

35. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

gilv13 and SICK like this.
  36. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Daniel Thomas.. tough guy... but durable? not so sure... his running style (tendency to run high... :shifty:) exposes him to big hits... thus it seems he can never last 16 games. I don't mind that he's been sitting out this preseason giving the reps to Williams and Darkwa. Gillislee on the other hand is looking less and less likely to make the team.

Lamar Miller showed me something in the last game that I hadn't seen from him before. He seemed more physical and looks to be in outstanding shape. There was one run early on that had me doing a double take.

Thigpen... if we cut him I just see him being picked up by the Pats and thriving in that offense. Think Kevin Faulk.

37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm not sure why we're placing so much emphasis on the word "toughness" with Daniel Thomas. I think the only thing we can isolate that would be associated with that word is that he's willing to play through pain. But that itself could easily be a self-serving tendency as the guy has not made much money in his career and presumably he'd like to make more.

As for the other things that you would normally associate with "toughness", he is not durable, nor is a guy that breaks tackles or gets significant yards after contact. He is not reliable in short yardage situations. I wouldn't call him mentally strong or impervious to allowing his situation to affect his field performance.

So you can say "tough" but that carries a lot of caveats. I'd prefer to say he's willing to play through pain, that way I don't have to caveat anything.

Tin Indian likes this.
  38. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    It's prbly beceause he plays upright and does not lower the boom, considering he's a big back, supposedly our bruiser.

39. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    This thread is awesome.

I've been using those JCVD gifs forever in Happy Friday emails at work. Never gets old.

40. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Funny that isn't the hand sign I aw Monday.

Paul 13 likes this.