1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts on baltimore/miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Jan 3, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

We all know how the game went last time.

I think the bigger thing than them shutting the wildcat down was them picking off pennington for six.

The game is a ways back so my memory on it is kind of foggy but our corners have been playing a lot better here down the stretch then they were towards the beginning of the season. And needless to say about the rest of the team but they have stepped up huge as well; especially our rookies and the people replacing vets on the line...

I know there are some of us here who would never pick the dolphins to lose in a playoff game. There are those that don't think they'll win. I'm on the side that says that we have a lot of momentum for us (going into a rivals house and beating them to win the division and going 9-1 since losing that game against the ravens?).

IMO for the most part we really haven't had what some people would call tough opponents. Of the teams we've faced and won against there is only one team who has made the playoffs this year (chargers... and ravens, duh).

Sure, our schedule is based off of last years results. And no one really gave a team coming off a 1-15 schedule a chance against most (or all) of the teams we played this year.

But we've rode the momentum this far. We're AFCE champions. The team we're going up against is second in their division. They are second in total and passing defense, third in running defense. Their offense is ranked 18th overall. Our defense is 15th.

If we're going to win this game we have to score defensively and continue our shared NFL record low turnover ratio.

Tell me that being the AFCE champs won't have something to do with our momentum and watch this and tell me you're not geared up for dolphins playoff football!

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/aquavision/aquavision.asp?category=1&mediaid=40785

codizzle and Crow-Magnon like this.
  2. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I'm a Ravens fan, but I'm not a raging homer. No one who knows anything about NFL football would ever say that Miami is a lock to lose, or that Baltimore is a lock to win.

Jeezus, Pennington or Flacco could be crushed on the second play from scrimmage and be out of the game with a concussion. Then were would the Dolphins/Ravens be?

Anything can happen. One can look at the season past and make good estimations at what might happen, but no one knows.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Yeah I'm not a homer either. I'm just excited we're actually in the playoffs.

The ravens are definitely a good team. I live in ravens/redskins/eagles country and so I know a bit about those teams. (I live in middle DE) and was a big fan of flacco being picked so high... just wish he went to miami instead ;)

The ravens/dolphins game was one of two that I got to see during the regular season on TV. The other game I got to see was the recent jets.. and the rest I had to watch online.

It'll be tough, that's for sure.. and you'll notice I didn't pick who would win just what I think the phins need to do to win.

4. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    If I ever moved from Maryland, the NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV would be non-negotiable with the old lady.

No Sunday Ticket? No move!

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think were going to see a much different game from what we saw earlier this year. I think if pennington didnt throw that pick 6 we were totally in that game earlier this season. That seemed to totally deflate our team. However since then, I believe we have won 9 of our last 10. The only loss coming to NE. The entire team has played better since then, and we've been much more resilient, and able to overcome our own mistakes. I think we play better this time around, and its going to be a close game, down to the wire.

May the best team win..... Hopefully its Miami!

anlgp likes this.