1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY thoughts on the game(prob the same as everyone elses)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I am feeling sick to my stomach this morning about losing that game yesterday. I guess I should be happy that a game they played in actually are starting to mean something again. Yet that does not make me feel any better. I know what I am going to say is nothing new but I need to vent.

These following guys left me screaming at my TV yesterday
    Andre Goodman-Wow..I know he was not this bad last year..was he? He plays so far off his man and his tackling was horrible yesterday. His ball skills leave alot to be desired and he lost his man in coverage twice yesterday. He just seems to not be playing with alot of confidence

Renyaldo Hill-Boy he whiffed on so mnay tackles yesterday it was ridiculous. He seems so tentative in attacking someone with the ball. Mostly though..I have seen 2 balls literally handed to him in the air(yest and the NE game)and he dropped both. He seems to get everyone in proper posotion but yest was just an awful game

Ted Ginn-I am far from a Ted Ginn basher but it is getting to the point of bewilderment. If he is not involved in Special Teams and is not involved in the passing game...what is left? I bit my tongue when he made those 2 questionable plays in the SD game..but he just seems to be regressing a little. They get the ball to him in the flat and he freezes and stutters instead of just going forward. What is the solution??? Only one I can think of is to get him back on Ko and punt returns. Even at that he has seemed a little lost this year.

Wildcat-I love the big plays it brings to this offense but I think it also takes away somethings at times. WE had a whole first half where we had 1 or 2 first downs..it takes away from a sustained drive and keeps our defense on the field longer than it should. Most importantly I feel it takes away from our physicality and aggressiveness in the running game. I felt yesterday was a game where we should have lined up straight on against those guys and taken our chances. I love the wildcat when it is an offshoot of our regular off scheme rather than making the wildcat our base offense and running a reg scheme off that..if that makes any sense.

Overall it was a game we should have won even though we prob did not deserve to. Our tackling was atrocious and we left too many plays on the field on both sides of the Football. I keep on reminding myself that this is so much better than last year..there is hope..there is enthusiam and there seems to finally be a decisive direction. Yesterdays loss just hurts right now...and I don't want to look at the big picture even though I KNOW that these are the slow and steady steps that are needed in the long haul.