1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    * Ronnie Brown needs to be getting more than 13 carries a game. I understand Ricky's talents, but Ronnie is our best player and he should be getting 65-70% of the carries. That move he made as soon as he was handed the football on the touchdown run was sweet.

* Offensive line had a bad game. Pennington didn't have much time and was hurried quite a bit.

* Ted Ginn, ugh. I kind of feel he isn't playing with much confidence right now. That needs to be fixed. I'm still waiting for us to take a shot down field with him. Everything that goes to him is quick hits or screen passes. He has got to step it up.

* Anthony Fasano only had 1 catch, but I think that was because they needed his help with blocking a Texans DL that gave us a lot of trouble.

* Overall, our offense didn't really play a good game. We had 2 good drives and the other 2 TD's came on wild Patrick Cobbs catch and runs.

* Our pass defense remains this teams biggest weakness. Will Allen and Yeremiah Bell are solid, but everyone else is playing poorly. 379 yards for Schaub who looked awful in the first quarter. That's inexcusable.

* Speaking of Will Allen, why is he not covering the best receiver on every play? It seems simple enough to me. You take your best corner (a top one in the league IMO) and put him on the opponents best receiver and let them duke it out. Why he is consistently on the slot receiver I don't understand.

* Channing Crowder was all over the field today. 13 tackles and was in Schaub's face a few times and a ncie play in the end zone breaking up a pass.

* Joey Porter was fantastic again. Constant pressure all afternoon again.

* I don't know why we can't beat the Texans, but every game is a nail-biter. And we have them again next year in Miami.

Remember what Sparano preached throughout the week..."Don't eat the cheese". What the Dolphins did to the Pats and Chargers was fun and exciting but this team still has work to do before they are a serious contender.

Smile though people, the future is bright.

Disnardo and anlgp like this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    The Texans did a good job trying to get him away from Allen and we just are not a team that has our corners in complete man coverage with CB's following WR's around pre-snap. Though even when Allen's been on Johnson, he still gave up some plays as expected. If we can get a guy like Asomugha, we'll be in great shape.

But yea, it's by no means a Chicken Little game. It was a tough loss and remember this was a team that nearly beat a still potent Indy team and won a close one on us.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I would definitely say that our secondary continues to be our biggest pain in the ***. It's the same story really. Our D looks great when our pass-rush is excelling. When our pass-rush isn't excellent, our D looks mediocre at best.

Unfortunately, I think it will probably continue to be like that for the rest of the season unless we see quite a few light bulbs turn on in a hurry.

4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I can't quite agree with the assessment of the offensive line. They weren't quite that bad especially on the two drives to get key scores.