1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Sep 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    There are a lot of things that could have been done better as a team to ensure that we got the win. I am just gonna throw things out there randomly in no order as I just got home from work.

The offense needs to turn more 3 pointers into 7 points. We need to better our finish on offense. Other wise we will not be able to put teams away.

Yes Carpenter missed a field goal that would of had the game closer, but should it have come to that?

This defensive players and coaches need to get some working this week. With all the time the offense was on the field we couldn't stop anything. Very sad.

Play calling on Offense late in the game. Very sad with running plays. Also the clock management with 3 minutes left was terrible.

Ted Ginn needs to figure out if he is truly number 1 wide receiver and play like one.

Why does Cobbs only have three touches on offense?

The props.

The offensive line. Big props, you came to play.:yes:

Ricky and Ronnie, great job!:up:

The fans there at the game! Much love for you and your yelling for our team!:hi5:

Tony has his work really cut out for him this week. There are several things that need some serious work, and some decision making needs to be made to improve this team.

Thanks for reading.:wink2:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20090...ab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    If Pat White is going to participate in the Wildcat, I can understand having him hand the ball off to see the look that the defense is going to give, but come back with something other then him just handing the ball off again.:yes:

anlgp and Vengeful Odin like this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    FFiC, do you think White is supposed to be a difference maker in our offense?

A poster in club mentioned that we did not add anyone who can offer easy scoring chances, P White would seem like he would but they are handling him with kid gloves.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Why put him in there if he is just going to hand off? Ronnie does better then when Pat White is in. I thought Pat was supposed to help us with passing options in the Wildcat?

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Good thoughts, and great to hear you getting off work. :)

Regarding cobbs, yeah I wish to see him more touches, but not in place of ronnie or ricky. Our passing game outside of Ginn was poorthetic.

More passes to Ronnie and cobbs would have been good.

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Cobbs into Run to give Ronnie and Ricky breathers.:wink2: See you at Seau's on Saturday brother.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I know, and he has thrown 1 pass isn't it?

8. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY

I was going to start a new thread, but why steal your thoughts? I agree with everything you said.

I'm surprised with the defensive look we came out with, maybe Parcels should show Coach Pasq. the game film of the Giants Bills Superbowl. I mean granted it was 19 years ago, but still. My recollection from that game, the Giants stayed in a base 3-4 defense and bent but never broke. Every time a receiver caught a pass, a DB was there to punish the receiver. Later in the game, receivers weren't as enthusiastic about catching passes.

The same technique was used when the Pats beat the Rams, I hate that Chicago Bear "Mug" look. We are not the Bears. We should try to emulate the Steelers. Play physical Defense and force the opponent to make a mistake with Zone Blitzes. Why are we playing man defense?????? What is our Defensive identity are we a zone blitzing team??? I hate this stacking the line stuff with 8 guys.

I posted on ESPN's site today that I think we should give Henne a try. I don't think Pennington lost the game, but I do think the coaches are trying to make up for Pennington's limitations if that makes sense. I'd like to see Ginn try to catch a deep bomb on 2nd and 5 in the first quarter when it's unexpected. That's what he should be doing, but Chad can't stretch the field.

Either way it's a long season, the team is still relatively healthy, and it's a game of attrition. It's not over but this is going to be one tough season.

We played tough offensively up here in Western NY, local Buffalo sports talk guys sounded highly impressed with our offense and our team.

The Colts stole this game. Sometimes when you lose you win, and sometimes when you win you lose.

9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    westernnyphinfa likes this.
  10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    My girlfriend is trying to derail this like a mofo. She's in LA for that fire that ran through there, and wants me to come up Friday while we come down Saturday evening. Dear Gawd.

She understands I need to go to the game, she will not interfere with that. But she does not understand wanting to go to Seaus with people I know off the internet :pointlol: Not that I've told her or she's said so, but I just know.

Amtrak up to LA is $30 though, and interferes with work so there is a chance (and if there is a god I'm there!)

Breathers for Ricky and Ronnie maybe isn't such a bad idea. They looked a little slow in the 4th quarter. They didn't have that pop they had earlier

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well putting Cobbs on kickoff returns should allow him to show what he has, and I sort of wanted Ginn on them but Cobbs doesn't hesitate, if he hits a seam he could take one to the house...or down inside the ten...not sure about his long speed..

12. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

I will never understand that either,If he wanted a second Qb threat the perfect person would of been vick.Pat just looks scared and lost and the one time he throws it goes way over the player. :cry:

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Vick? Hell no. Dude spent time in the pokey - look what it did to Jamal Lewis. I would not be putting ANY eggs in that basket.
    The Pat White selection I didnt get, nor do I get what we are doing with him. Either hes ready or not. Let him wing it out a few times and see what happens. Put him in first play of the game, hard play action to Ronnie or Rickey and chuck it downfield, catch someone napping.

14. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i don't think PW is ready yet to 'run' the WC, so we have no choice but to work him into the system. unfortunately, no one likes to watch things in the crawl phase ... when the games count.

i don't think the philosophy will change over the next 2 weeks ... but by then the record could change some things ...