1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts on the Jet's game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by rafael, Sep 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Overall we're still 2-1, but effectively a half game behind the Jets. We can even it up by winning in NY. The game against NE just went up in importance. If somebody had told me before the season that we could go into the bye week at 3-1 with two division wins, I would have taken it, so I'm not going to act like the season is lost b/c of one loss.

Positives:

Henne showed touch and an ability to throw multiple passes without becoming an interception machine. He also finally learned to throw a few jump balls up to Marshall.

Marshall is a beast and more than worth what we gave up for him.

Bess and Hartline stepped up. I'm happy with our WRs.

Dansby is a stud and more than worth what we paid for him.

Davis was apparently avoided all game. He seems to be shutting down whomever he's on.

The myth about our invincibility in those ugly uniforms is gone.

Negatives

Other than Carpenter and Fields our STs is a liability. Including the preseason that is three blocked punts. This is a fairly basic play and simply unacceptable.

Allen came back down to earth. CBs have games like this so I see no need to crucify him. The one play that really bugged me was when he allowed that completion on the last TD drive while in under coverage. Nolan called the right D there. If Allen executes on that one play I think we win the game.

Bell had a bad game. I know Keller is a mis-match nightmare, but it seems that our first half plan for handling Keller was poor. This one might be on Nolan.

Dobbins was a liability. Too many missed tackles and bad decisions. He's also been a non-factor on STs. Have they even been using him on STs while Crowder is out?

RWs seems to half lost another half step and he's always been fumble prone. It is time to end the equal platooning between him and RB. RB should get a minimum 15 carries every game. And he should be our 3rd back as well.

Other Thoughts

Sanchez is clearly going to be a good QB. He'll probably still have more than his share of WTF moments, but you see his anticipation, touch and accuracy. I anticipate many great games between Henne and Sanchez.

Having a receiving TE like Keller is a must have weapon in today's NFL.

I don't have a big issue with Henning's play calling. The WC is a bit annoying and I agree it is not producing enough to compensate for the rhythm disruption, but I see the overall effect as minor.

brandon27 likes this.
  2. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    We killed ourselves, and those are things that we can fix.. that is good news in that they didnt beat us sheerly on talent.

BUT mistakes need to be corrected, period:

Cannot give up 3rd and +15, no excuses.

have to know you role, like the underneath coverage, cant get on top, dumb mistake.

yes prot broke down but fields needs to be aware and 1 step kick. 20 yds better than block.

Allen turned his head but a littl late, have to be focused and stay with technique

Bell cant cover above avg tes plain n simple

Henne played a great game, where are all the penny people to blame this on henne? sorry but always quick to judge, let him grow and then over timr hr doesnt show it, then speak, but over a large enough sample to make an educated assessment. he showed alot of growth last night.

why does henning outthink himself, if something is working, make them stop it, dont u stop it yourself! pass as killing them but we broke the momentum and killed drives

2nd goal from 2 and 0 runs? run at least once. should have ran 3 times ye go 4 it on 4th, send a message you came to win, ur at home, make a state.

cut dumb penalties that kill drives for u or extend drives for them