1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASA confirms space time vortex

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Pandarilla, May 13, 2011.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    For God's sake don't attempt to read with a headache...

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/631/538/NASA_Confirms_Space_Time_Vortex.html

Would like to hear some of the scientific posters opinions on if this is related to the black hole thread. I've got a wicked headache and am just not in any capacity to make the comparisons...

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...so, does this mean we can expect improvements to the TempurPedic and/or Tang?

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    So that is what happened to my 9th grade history report!

MikeHoncho and Pandarilla like this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    On a curious note pandarilla, if that theory is true, and the earth is as if a heavy object making a dimple in a mattress, the ripples that emanate from the twist in the space time vortex will have frontward moving edges and more fascinating, back edges that would create a vortex as well, would the back side of the vortex move time forwards, or backwards?

Like moving your hand through a bath tub full of water.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm seems pretty straight forward to me.

6. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Heres a little bit of explanation:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/19apr_gravitomagnetism/

7. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Everybody calm the hell down!

Biggest question now facing humanity...

Could this happen?
    [video=youtube;7uLiondNBSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLiondNBSU[/video]

padre31 likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

[​IMG]

Notice the lines emanating from the rendition of the black hole have a bent, curved, shape?

A front and back, we know what the leading edge should do, what about the rearward edge, the trailing edge should move counter to the leading edge.

Sheesh, it is like I am talking to my brothers' kids with you..

:wink2:

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Sorry Padre, I still have a nagging headache and just won't go there right now for fear of making it worse...

I'm currently a fraud when it comes to metaphysics, I get the watered down main ideas but I'm not the one to ask. It's why I post it here, hoping for some further clarification by more informed posters.

It does, however raise a thought about an article I read about possible E.T.'s time travel synching up with meridians that somehow correspond with sacred geometry. I'll try and find it real quick...

[edit] nope, I can't find it, sorry

10. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Scientists pretty much agree you cant reverse time...so much for time machines... but it is very likely you can bend it and slow it down.Thats where the hope for future space travel lies.

If you can take advantage of the space warps where time space are compressed it wont take a lifetime to get to a neighboring galaxy.

The possibility of parallel universes is what intrigues me .Some scientists are speculating that we may have as many as 11 parallel universes.:ohmy:

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    You can't reverse time but if the multiverse theory is correct you can travel to different points in time and "different universes"

CrunchTime likes this.
  12. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Duh. Terminator 2-4.

13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Maybe .But history in that universe could have taken a different track and we wouldnt recognize the historical figures so we would not be able to relate to a possible timewarped past .Thats one thing that didnt make much sense in Fringe's parallel universes theory.

14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Eh, somewhat. If the multiverse is correct then it would take place that molecular level, in which case some universes would vary very little to our own, and some could vary drastically.

15. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I remember reading something about this once. Einstein believed that as a moving body got closer to the speed of light time would slow down and also the further away a body is from gravitational forces time speeds up. If that body could reach the speed of light then time would stop completely.

This theory has been proven. An atomic clock on top of Mt Everest runs faster than an atomic clock at sea level due to the gravitational pull of earth being less on Mt. Everest. Also, an atomic clock on the Space Shuttle runs slower due to the speed of the Shuttle in orbit.