1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nasty's Notes - Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinNasty, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know. It's Sherman's offense for the most part. They're both from the same tree and have some similarities, but we shouldn't expect it to look a whole lot like the Packers offense.

2. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    That's the two fullback shotgun formation I was talking about. The Packers used a fair amount of fullbacks in shotgun formations, or as replacements for runningbacks.

MrClean likes this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Packers didn't scrap Sherman's offense when they fired him. They made changes, but they didn't exactly set the playbooks on fire.

Rocky Raccoon and jsizzle like this.
  4. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    There was going to be some overlap, but it's not the same offense. In fact, I think Sherman's offense circa 2006 is fairly different from what it is right now. He seemingly has drawn a lot of stuff from his year with Gary Kubiak, picking up a more zone-oriented/QB motion scheme than he ever had previously.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Sherman's offense now is definitely different than Sherman's offense in 2006 which is different from what the Packers run now, but I think we'll definitely be able to see similarities with what the Packers do. The two offenses will look a little more similar when Tannehill comes in, as Tannehill and Rodgers are both mobile.

We'll see just enough similarity to have it worth pointing out.

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    While I'm sure Philbin will let Sherman run his own offense... I definitely think there will be a healthy influence from the Packers.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yeah. I seriously doubt Philbin won't be doing what he did there. He'll devise the gameplan and Sherman will call the plays like McCarthy did.