1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nate Jones working on sitcom

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/with-a-tv-sitcom-in-the-works-miami-148257.html

I keep thinking of "The Contest" from Seinfeld.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Decent dback just not Master of his domain though.

3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Old news
    Old article

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I just noticed that, LOL

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Interesting... I'd like to catch the pilot

6. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Interesting. I wonder would that hit big...

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Probably funnier than the TO Show.

8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    sounds horrible...

Here's what I would do. I'd have a scenario more like the "Young Ones". One hockey player, one sprinter, one tennis player and one football player. The football player would be a 'roid rage nutter who gets into a fight every episode ala Kenny dying every episode from South Park. The tennis player would be the prude and moral compass of the show. I'd also have him be borderline gay and would definitely have him talking ridiculously gay. He would weasel his way out of fights constantly. The baseball player would have serious drug problems due to the fact that he would be searching to gain an edge in his sport (not being allowed to partake in steroids because it's so taboo nowadays). He would be the most hilarious. I'd have him taking monkey tranquilizers, purple drank, LSD, the stuff they use to make zombies with, etc. etc. Every time the camera cuts to him, I'd show a first person perspective of the scene through his eyes. The sprinter would never be shown walking into or out of a scene. He would simply appear out of nowhere when the camera switches angles. He would also disappear every time the nutter was about to get into a fight. Lastly, they would all be horrible at their respective sports and be perennial free agents, sharing the same smarmy, greasy agent whom they would all harass every time he came over. I would call the show simply..."Meatheads".

On second thought, I'd switch out the hockey player and put in a basketball player with narcolepsy. I'd have plenty of flashbacks when each of them was asked how their tryouts went. Each of them failing miserably at each tryout (i.e. the basketball player would be falling asleep as he drives for a layup, the football player would be getting into fights constantly, etc. etc.). The script for this show would practically write itself. Plenty of room for cameos as the shows popularity grows.