1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA 2015 Teams You'll Be Watching

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Galant, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Based purely on this past season, which three teams caught your eye and/or will you be keeping an eye on heading into next season (not necessarily the best, but perhaps most improved).

1 - Dallas Mavericks - I've a feeling the Mavs are going to do much better. I think their performance against San Antonio (and their heart-breaking loss in Game 7) will have stoked a fire underneath them. Ellis was excellent, Vince showed force, and with their pace and a fire in their bellies I think we might be looking at a strong performer next season. Interesting to see if Dirk has the same desire that drove Duncan this season.

2 - Chicago Bulls - Again, for me, this year was about teams with heart. I think the Spurs won because of their determination and drive following last year's loss, and I think this year we saw Chicago do wonders via sheer force of will. I don't think they achieved what they wanted to, or felt they could and so I don't think that fire has stopped burning. Hopefully, with a good off-season, they can come out stronger, and that Chicago team will not be one to take lightly.

3 - New York Knicks - Obviously the fate of this team next season hinges on what Carmelo does. However, if he stays, with the new coaching/front office setup in place, I think New York could be in to build a solid contender. I've never been a Knicks fan but after so many years I can say I'll be glad whenever they get their first ring since the 70's. Again, if Carmelo stays I believe it will demonstrate an internal commitment and belief which will speak volumes to the whole squad, and even if they aren't full on contenders this next season, I think, on the top end, we could see them do something like Chicago did this past season.

4 - Raptors/Nets/Wizards - Of these three I think the Nets seemed to cause the most commotion but I'm not sure I'm a believer yet. I think any of these three could go up or down, so I'll wait for one more season to see which of them, if any, start to demonstrate consistency in improvement.