1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC SPORTS OPINION: Jason Taylor worth a 2nd and 4th round pick

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DrAstroZoom, Apr 21, 2008.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    BuffaloDolphin, alen1, Zanno and 5 others like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I could do that deal...I'd be happy, just what we need 2 more picks in the top 100, but this happens only if Chris Long or Gholsten are drafted...doesn't happen if we take Jake at #1...IMO

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That would be awesome if we could get a 2nd and a 4th for JT. Id even do it for a 2nd and a 5th to be honest. I love JT, and I love what he can do for us when he's on his game, but with only maybe 3-4 more years left, if that... We're that far from realistically competing for anything, if we can move him for a 2nd and a 4th im all over it! a 2nd and a 5th?? Id think about it temporarily, but probably still do it. Id say if Godell announces a defensive player for us at #1... watch for a JT deal to take place shortly thereafter.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    so would hitting the lottery/"dating" eva mendez.

5. salmael

salmael Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I would take the 2nd and 4th without hesitation. Looking at how deep this draft is I would even take both their 3rd's instead. I have felt the same as the article for a long time; when the team is ready to contend JT will be on his last legs or retired. So we need to trade him while we still can get something respectable. I think the latest we can get a good deal is the trade deadline next season, but I'd prefer to do it now and get picks in this draft.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Absolutely, although I think TE is a way bigger need then WR.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I love JT, and am not one of those trying to push him out with the door hitting him in the you know what. But for a 2nd and 4th ... well bye!

8. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    In a heartbeat I would take this trade. Hell, I would probably go for it if the only thing they offered was a second round pick and a fifth or sixth. We need more young players and are not in a position to do anything positive for JT's career with the exception of his salary. He will probably not make it to the playoffs with us and we will not be a contender until after he retires.

9. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I'd take the second all by itself, if it came to that. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

Phinperor likes this.
  10. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    At this point, get the best offer you can for him and move on, we are a rebuild project now and need to start fresh.