1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ncaa 2010

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Jul 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Leaked.

2. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Anything new to the game this year?

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Damn, I need to keep an eye out.

Also, if anyone is getting it for ps3 (I and some friends) would be very interested in having you as part of our online dynasty.

4. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I'm actually not excited at all... Probably because I know The U will get Dolphins treatment as per usual.

5. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I always play as the Zips in offline dynasty, how do you think I feel? Half the fun is turning them into a powerhouse.

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    true... I might just do Campus legend. On Madden 09 i never even finished a full season in franchise. I played superstar mode like a mofo though

7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Understandable... You are the "all about yourself" type, afterall.

:tongue2:

mor911 likes this.
  8. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :rolleyes: LMAO, good one

9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    oh god... here comes the Gator "fans"

Big E likes this.
  10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Hey, Mor, when you get the game, can you gimme the ratings of FAU?

mor911 likes this.
  11. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    "fans"? :lol: Not gonna go there, I've seen the class of the Canes "fans" in the College forum.

Seriously though, how would you rate the Canes going into next season?

Skeet84 likes this.
  12. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    :pity:

13. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Sure thing bro
    lol

I dunno... Every year is the year we come back... You know how it is. The Gators did that dance all the way from 95-2005 (that was not a shot at you guys). I'm glad we have finally settled on the QB situation and we picked up some excellent talent recruiting this year. I'm still iffy.

At best, we lose 2. At worst, we go .500 :sad:

Silverphin and Motion like this.
  14. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Do you use a private site? Wouldn't mind a PM of the site. :)

15. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    My copy should be on it's way soon. :woot:

16. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    fau
    ovr - d+
    off - c+
    def - d

Silverphin likes this.
  17. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    .......ouch.

18. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    yeah they were very brutal on all small schools. FIU got similar treatment

19. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, I expect that from FIU. :up:

But you would thank a team that won two straight bowl games in a row would be thrown a bone.

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Well I've played 3 dynasty games, and all through HS in campus legend plus 1 game in college in campus legend (err... road to glory, whatever).

If I had to put a number on how I felt about last years game/gameplay I'd probably put it at a 7. It was a lot of fun, but it was frustrating at time, but I still got tons of play out of it.

Anyway, I'd put this year up to at least an 8. There are no dramatic changes that immediately jump out. But after playing a few games, a few things do manage to catch your attention.

1. I've yet to see any super-linebackers yet. Any broken up passes are typically realistic jumps, and they usually come from the dbs. Speaking of which, cpu's seem to make good plays for the ball. Nothing outrageous yet. There was a little "transporting/shifting" glitch I ran into while in Road to Glory as I was blocking, but that is the only time I've noticed anything ridiculous yet.

2. No robo-QBs (yet). Plenty of off throws from QBs (even on Heisman), it's quite refreshing.

3. The little animation changes seem to make it that much better. The ball carrier falling forward for extra yardage, or stumbling out of a shoestring tackle. Having the QB get rid of the ball as he gets hit, and it flutters helplessly in the air. The linemen actually engaging on blocks, and defensive linemen able to disengage. Yes, pockets can be made. Trying too early to tip a pass with a DL is a sure way to wind up on your back by the way.

4. The running game no longer feels like a race to the sideline. Although it took a few games to get used to, once I realized holes would be there and learning patience to maneuver around the LOS/holes before pressing sprint made it a lot better. Not to mention the CPU takes a lot better pursuit angles.

5. Ball tracking. Maybe this should go under animations, but everyone who is going after the ball in the air looks for it and makes adjustments accordingly. If a ball is low, they go low, and it even looks pretty fluid. I like seeing a db dive after a ball that just hit the ground as if he was intercepting it (same with diving on "dead" loose balls), and get up and run. It's not like I am controlling the action, but it's nice to see since it really does happen.

6. Precision passing works pretty well from what I can tell, and arm strength is according to your QB. No more running backwards and rocketing it downfield from what i could tell.

7. The controller rumbles as your QB is being pressured. It's a nice/worrisome feeling when you feel it while looking for open receivers.

8. I've yet to see any stupid AI where the CPU catches it near the sideline and just runs out of bounds.

9. The "style of play" feature (aggressive/balanced/play it safe) seems to work quite well. The CPU was down, and they got a penalty one play. next play they forced me to fumble. Likewise on offense, their RB broke two tackles and only had one guy to beat to the EZ, well I hit-sticked him and he fumbled himself.

10. Jukes and spins aren't ridiculous any more (as in, anyone can do it, and do it well), and more in line with how I perceive them play out in real life.

A couple cons: Most people look pretty ripped. Along with that, a lot of people look the same. I didn't pay attention to the sidelines, so I can't comment there yet, but I bet they could improve it. The net on the field goal didn't seem to move when the ball hit it, the ball just dropped. That's all I can think of at the moment, though I am sure there is more.

I am pretty sure Akron is in their new stadium this year, but EA still used the ****ty *** Rubber Bowl. When I find out if the new stadium opens this year, this may be a major con. And might even cause me to e-mail EA demanding a correction via update.

All in all (with brief exposure, like 5 hours maybe) I'd say this is definitely a step in the right direction and an improvement over last year. How much of an improvement, and is it worth it? Well I guess that will depend on how much you play it. If you're going to play the online dynasty for 30+ hours, then it sure as hell seems like reason enough to get it. If you're a big fan but don't do online, maybe you should wait until it comes down in price a little ($40, maybe?).

Like I said, I'd give it a whole point higher than last year based on offline stuff (8/10 vs 7/10 for last year) but I don't think anyone should hold their breath for that "big jump" to perfection. If it gets here, it will be with these little additions here and there. Maybe by NCAA 2012 it will be as perfect as it seemed to be back on ps2 in the "glory days."

21. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I did a whole season on Road to Glory (RTG) and here's what I think...

1. My brother came over with his friends and if it weren't for the menus, nobody actually saw any difference in this and 09.

2. The new thing where is keeps video reels and pics of your guy progressing is VERY cool.

3. Players still get tied up in super annoying animation strings. It's still ridiculous. Again, I'm coming from a RTG perspective and I'm playing a wide receiver. When you get locked into a bump and run animation where the CB is jamming you at the line, it doesn't matter what's done or what's pressed, you go 5-8 yards down field battling with the corner. It's REALLY annoying.

4. Sideline animations still suck. catching a ball near the sideline is still pointless annoying.

I dunno... I'm not very optimistic about this stuff, so maybe i'm seeing only the bad.

22. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    #1 Looking at a still image the game itself does look a lot like 09. The graphics do seem a little different, but I really can't put my finger on it though. The animations and how it plays feel different from last year, if only somewhat.

#2 is indeed very cool.

#3 I was also a WR, and while I did get jammed at times, I never felt like it was ridiculous, nor was I still tied up 8 yards downfield.

#4. Haven't caught enough near the sideline to say whether it is annoying or pointless.

mor911 likes this.
  23. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So my QB got injured in the game. He has "back spasms" and is listed as "will return soon." Well, after Erin Andrews gave me the injury report, it came up with "Coach's Decision." It said I could play the QB hurt and risk further injury or I could sit him. I am playing him of course. But i think it is cool that they gave me the option. it doesn't always give you the decision.

24. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The jump ball mechanics are much better. A tall WR can actually catch a ball behind a jumping corner.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  25. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Seriously considering getting this.

26. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    it got me frustrated to the point where i'd run back wards (holding down on the left analog) and still my guy would get tied into an animation where he runs 5 yards down field fighting the corner...

Mind you, I was holding DOWN to run backwards to avoid the whole tangle. I'm a speed receiver... Maybe that's the defenses method to stopping me? I dunno. It drove me crazy.

27. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Oh. I was possession, so maybe I was better at releasing, I don't know.

28. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yes, jump ball mechanics are much better, so are the mid-air collisions.

29. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The QBs are also still very bad at under throwing balls or throwing bullets when a loft would be a TD

30. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I found that to be the case in my Road to Glory as well, even with Zac Robinson as my team's QB.

31. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Something else I noticed that is pretty cool. After you run so many plays out of a formation, there will be 1 or 2 plays from that formation that will be "Setup!" (percentage builds as you run different plays). These plays (as far as I can tell) have a great chance for success with (at least on pass plays) one guy getting wide open.

32. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Still don't know about sideline catches/animations, but I just threw a fade to a WR and he tracked the ball completely and made an adjustment to catch it over his shoulder to the inside (had been looking for it outside) between 2 defenders right along the sideline. It was pretty sweet to see, even though his footwork likely wasn't any different from what it would have been away from the sideline.

33. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Another thing worth mentioning is that all the controls appear to be customizable. For example I didn't like that swat was LB or whatever, so I made it A. I'm going to do the same for strip.

Edit: most controls are customizable. Strip is a locked one.

34. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I've seen lots of cool stuff like this. In this department they did well. I guess I was vague on my explanation of sideline catches. I meant situations where you're catching running towards the sideline. I catch the ball a full 3-4 yards in bounds and the catch animation runs me straight out of bounds.

35. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Gotcha. I try and maneuver back to the middle of the field as I am catching it near the sideline. Most of the time it is enough to stop me from going OoB.

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    is the reciever you are trying to make this catch with any good?

37. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    yes... Very. in fact, it's another complaint of mine. The receiver I'm using is my own Road to Glory character.

Your RTG guy is ridiculously good. You dont have to train, or do anything to earn this. As a sophmore, my WR is a 94. I sim all training and still constantly grow VERY quickly. There should be some way of earning your player's skills as well as a way to build him the way you want (RPG style)

38. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    This actually doesn't happen on Heisman which is very lame, because I thought it was quite cool. I hope this gets changed via update or something.

39. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Quiet you.

Silverphin likes this.
  40. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    played several hours of the game. Some of the stuff they added is VERY cool. Season Showdown is such a great idea. You pit the fans of all the schools together in this epic battle for points. its genius...cept Ohio state has taken a ridiculous early lead.

I LOVE getting to lock on to a defender and playing from the Superstar/campus legend view by just clicking on the left stick. that makes defense so much more fun and interesting.

oh and Jarrett Lees buried on LSUs depth chart. WOO!