1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Jt0323, Oct 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    20 Person league turned to a keeper, where u can keep two players, my team went from 2-0 to 2-3... My running backs are terrible, and the league is a running friendly league... My two RB are Leon Washington, and Derrick Ward, with Fred Taylor on the bench, who is hurt, along with Deuce McAllister, who i dont know if he is even alive anymore, and Leonard Weaver... so yeah not a great RB team at all... Now my friend has no QB's that are good, he has Josh Johnson and Marc Bulger... He is offering me this trade

Tim Hightower and Brian Westbrook or Thomas Jones and Josh Johnson for Brees and Probably Leon Washington...

The league is a keeper, I could Keep Brees and probably Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin

But i am also worried that Tampa may bench Johnson and I am left with Kerry Collins, who may also get benched by the end of the year also

I need your advice, because i am on a sinking ship

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    First say thanks but no thanks.

Okay even if it is a RB friendly league you have what I would consider 3 solid to stud players and you may have more. The rushing around the NFL is lagging behind the passing games. Part of it is due to injury and part of it is due to poor defenses but mostly it is due to these split running back strategies. Look around, how many situations can you see around the league where a team will settle on one guy going forward? Steelers? Eagles? Colts? Cardinals? Broncos? If you are going to gamble maybe gamble on one of those guys and not settle for someone like Thomas Jones.

Brees, Marshall and Boldin what else ya got?

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    dont trade brees for anything short of a solid qb and rb combo. like eli manning and ronnie brown. something like that. definitely dont give up brees for tim hightower and brian injurybrook.

4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    U have to look and see whether u would be getting more points each week out of the RBs u have aand Brees or The new RBs and Johnson. I personally dont like Westbrook at all but a Hightower Jones combo could be nice. Look for other QBs to pickup. *note Raheem Morris mentioned benching Johnson and starting Freeman. Last month he also refered to Johnson has a "career backup"

5. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Wouldn't do either. You definitely need a RB upgrade, but not I'd only do it for a good QB and RB.