1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Article about Philbin from the Boston Globe

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex13, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    Nothing really new...except the nugget right at the bottom...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...tion-period/x4vpxxQ63g6gh4u1S0vXgN/story.html

2. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    It's a risky strategy, but perhaps that's the reason they don't seem overly panicked about acquiring Winston or another tackle right now.

3. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I have a funny feeling they already have an agreement with a couple of teams to move up depending on how the draft falls.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I'm not saying this is or isn't likely, but who would they trade up for, and how far would they have to trade up?

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    It has been predicted that the Chiefs will probably select either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher, the two highest rated tackles in the draft, with the first pick in the draft. The tackle not picked will probably be selected in the top five or six picks in the draft. That would leave Lane Johnson as the highest rated tackle on the board. He might still be there at 12, but if the Dolphins have him on their radar and they want to ensure they draft him, they will probably have to move up to at least the 7th spot in the first round.

This will cost them their first round pick, a second round selection and possibly a sixth or seventh round pick.

I think Fisher will end up having the best career of all the tackles in this years draft, but I don't see the Dolphins trading up to the second pick in the draft, if the Chiefs don't draft Fisher with the first overall pick in the draft. They might be willing to trade into the fourth or fifth picks in the first round if one of the two top tackles dropped out of the top three picks and they feel this tackle would be a major upgrade over the offensive tackles they now have on their roster.

6. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    If they wanted Lane Johnson they could probably move up to San Diegos spot. Hope they don't but it's possible IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    - Already working.
    - Wining and dining FA's

I heart Tannehill.

8. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    What is wrong with coach Philbin? Doesn't he know Tannehill is an elite QB and the only problem is he didn't have any talent around him? Obviously coach Philbin isn't a member of thephins.com forums or he would know that!

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol.

We bring in the top FA WR, another Wr, and a TE....but you think Philbin doesn't think there was a problem with the surrounding talent?

lol.

HULKFish, Alex13 and Eop05 like this.
  10. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    He definitely seems to have the work ethic and drive to be an elite QB. Hopefully this year we'll see him take a big step towards joining the top tier guys. I'm Also loving this guy.

HULKFish and Fin D like this.
  11. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Quoting because it's worth repeating.

All those people that thought our WRs and TE play were lacking in 2012 were all Tannehill loving ball-watchers who were butt hurt about their being no Dolphins worthy of being on their fantasy teams and just sore about not being able to win online in Madden.

................team then goes out and signs top WR free agent, another solid WR, a pure pass catching TE........................draft still pending

Yup, Philbin and Ireland must''ve really thought the Offenses struggles were all Ryan Tannehill.....

LOL indeed

Fin D likes this.
  12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    what do you mean our surrounding talent wasn't good? Marlon Moore, Jabar Gaffney, Anthony Armstrong, Reshard Mathews, Armon Binns, our WR corps was beastly. (/sarcasm)

all kidding aside though, our wr corps was responsible for letting Tannehill down on at least one big play a game. Hartline falling over against SF, Moore dropping deep passes, armstrong dropping that big 3rd down against the jets, Mathews dropped a big one late in the season. It was brutal to watch.

Then you see Russel Wilson's WRs literally catching balls one handed, diving, while being hit, and still pulling it in. (not knocking wilson, i just think the seahawks wr corp is awesome personally and it only got better with harvin)

Fin D likes this.
  13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Legedu Nanee. /discussion

Alex13 likes this.
  14. Patssuck

Patssuck Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Straw man argument.