1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DC.com mock 10/22/08

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Oct 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The artist formerly known as NFLDC...

Rey Rey once again. I sure hope that there are some really good DB's and Wr's in the 2nd rd. Vontae Davis and Malcom Jenkins would work out nicely IMO (in the 1st rd.) Maybe Rey is just better value.

Draft Countdown - 2009 NFL Mock Draft

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Can't complain if Rey M is the pick.

3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Ugh, Moreno on the Jets would not be good.

I'd be stunned if JL went 2nd overall, thats crazy.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    With the way they have that playing out, I would go with Greg Hardy in Miami over Rey Maualuga...I think...

As things stand today, I would be disappointed if we missed out on Michael Johnson by one pick. That would be a shame. But, Rey Maualuga would definitely make an impact on this team. He would bring big plays, open field closing speed, and power.

5. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    And plenty of mis-direction run plays!!

6. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    William Moore to the Pats.......eeuugggh

7. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I would actually welcome that. He's a good player but that team is on a slow rot from the inside out, with the line units both offensive and defensive. They play well at times (see Denver) but at other times when they lose, it is because both of those units are being manhandled (see Miami).

It would frighten me a lot more if they addressed the OL or the DL with that pick. It would suck to watch them grab a Jason Smith, Terrance Cody, Demarcus Granger, or Jamon Meredith.

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    And can I just say that in Scott Wright's note about the Vikings drafting Phil Loadholt, I love how Scott basically implies that he's building in the expectation that Rick Spielman will make yet another poor pick?

9. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Yeah I like Moore a lot. But you're right about the Pats. They're a Randy Moss blow up away from some pretty strong rebuilding, especially given the unfortunate status of Brady's knee.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I just cant see the Raiders passing on one of the 2 premier WRs in the draft for a LT. Im not saying that doing so is their best move or makes the most sense, but Al Davis loves the skill guys, not the linemen.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'd be ticked off if we passed on Vontae Davis. I'm watching him versus Wisconsin right now and the guy never even gets a ball thrown his way. He's in on every play when it comes to run support and to me looks like he's good at flipping his hips as well as changing direction which means that he's a man-to-man CB I believe. I think he's a guy who can be left on an island in the future. Him or Malcolm Jenkins would be fine with me.

12. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I agree. Both would work, and seem to be of value if we assume a pick in the 10-15 range. This may qualify me as galactically stupid, but I'm still holding out hope for J Allen at CB. I can't figure him out, nor can I Derek Hagan for that matter. Tomorrow may tell a lot re: J Allen. Keep it simple, cover your man, see what happens. Maybe even a pick if we're lucky. If he works out at CB (big if) then maybe we can take a stud Safety in rd 1 next year. If not, then it's time to heal the gaping wound at CB- Davis or Jenkins.

13. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I'll go out on the limb and predict we'll go for a premier corner in the first round. If Malcolm Jenkins is there, I believe he's a fin. He's arguably one of the most proven and seasoned defensive players in the draft, I safe pick wherever you take him