1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Draft Order

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mile High Fin, Nov 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    As of now, the projected Top 10 of the NFL draft, based on year-end records and SOS in parentheses:
    (according to playoffstatus.com)

Team, current record, projected record, projected SOS

1. Indianapolis -- 0-10 (1-15 .530)
    2. Carolina ------ 2-7 (4-12 .510)
    3. Miami --------- 2-7 (4-12 .520)
    4. Minnesota ---- 2-7 (4-12 .550)
    5. St Louis ------- 2-7 (4-12 .560)
    6. Arizona ------- 3-6 (5-11 .480)
    7. Cleveland ----- 3-6 (5-11 .520)
    8. Washington --- 3-6 (6-10 .470)
    9. Jacksonville --- 3-6 (6-10 .490)
    10. Kansas City -- 4-5 (6-10 .510)

Looks like we'll be able to draft the #2 QB, since Carolina will not draft a QB, unless of course, they TRADE it to another team.

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Big E likes this.
  3. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    colour me unexcited.

4. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Its only semi-fun for BASED ON NOW, what would you do type speculation. But agreed, long way to go, and once it all shakes out, then and only then can the most accurate scenarios be taken into account.

for now, its what we have to work with....but will clearly change by end of Regular Season.

5. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    Thanks, but GBN report just shows the CURRENT draft position.

Playoffstatus.com shows PROJECTED draft position & SOS by the end of the year.
    They factor in each team's remaining schedule and most likely wins/losses to give a more accurate END RESULT FORECAST.

Steve-Mo and BigDogsHunt like this.
  6. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    GBN also uses the full schedule of all teams on your schedule, they just dont PRETEND to guess what happens in the future...its all opponents on schedule and actual games played and actual results to date.:wink2:

But in the end, BOTH are still meaningless as a LONG REALITY is all that matters.

7. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Miami sucked, just not enough. It's unbelievable. Freakin Indy, if they get Luck, and transfer straight from Manning to Luck I will lose my mind...

Watch next year, with Manning or with Luck Indy win 11+ games. Guaranteed. Their a joke of a team. You lose ONE player and all a sudden you can't even win 1 game...reaallllly? OK. They basically just decided to mail in the season once they knew Manning would be out.

I mean, I know how big of an impact a Peyton Manning can have...but come on...this is epic...

For example...the Arizona Cardinals are winning games with John Skelton at QB.

8. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    Exactly, GBN only uses actual results to date.
    Playoffstatus.com doesn't PRETEND to ignore the remaining schedules as GBN does.

So, pick your poison.
    Use only year to date results only - and ignore likely remaining scenarios from your forecast.
    Or, use year to date results COMBINED with likely forecasts of remaining schedules for each team.

I believe option #2 gives the BETTER forecasted results (perfect - no).

9. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    In position to get Barkley?

Sign me up.

SCall13, Starry31 and GARDENHEAD like this.
  10. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Both will change, regardless, following every actual week...so not taking into account upsets is just a wasted effort....it doesnt matter in the end either way.

Using current actual opponents schedule and actual W/L of all opponents plays the IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY mindset.

Pretending to guess the future is not all that big an issue, buts its just guess work, lots of scenarios in that guessing game.

At the end of the day, we will both be glad when week 17 is done and its set for top 20.:tongue2: (non-playoff teams)!

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We win the next two, which is possible, then pretty much we are picking 9-12th or so.

Keep in mind fellas, the schedule has gotten much softer in the second half, with Dallas, Buffalo, NE and the Jest with winning records and Buffalo is slumping and Dallas is wildly inconsistent.

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Which is the worst scenario that could play out, as I said multiple times before the season. Miami is bad, but not bad enough to get a QB. But not good enough to make a run at the playoffs.

Aquafin and MAFishFan like this.
  13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, which means, they may as well see how good they can do this yr because the chips are just not falling our way...again..I should be used to it by now, but it never fails to disappoint me.

Patented 7-9 finish in the works?

Maybe 6-10?

I'd prefer 9-7 or 8-8, but at 2-7 who the heck knows where we end up.

14. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd doubt it. I can't see Miami winning in Buffalo and in New England. If the Jets are in playoff contention come week 17, I can't see Miami beating them. I'd guess 5-11.

The absolute worst thing to come of this season, aside from not landing the 1st overall pick, would be giving Stephen Ross any reason whatsoever to keep Tony Sparano. He should've been fired last year. That was Ross' biggest mistake since taking over sole ownership.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, hard to tell, the Bills are in a tailspin, and we always play the Jest tough, if we can knock them out of the playoffs, which is very possible with the AFCN as strong as it is, we can win that one.

In New England though...uhm...not so much..

We'll see, if we do go 9-7/8-8, then Ross would not be off base in keeping him, especially if we finish 7-1 or something, but that is a long way away and we can easily lose this Sunday.

16. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    We'll fall apart eventually, or we'll get lucky and have a later round QB work out. Just have to hope that either of those happen sooner than later.

17. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Really? Always? cause that 24- 6 beatdown they put on us earlier this year didnt feel like we played them tough...

Tony is gone, there is NO WAY in the world he is back next year. I dont care if they finish 9-7 (not that Tony has the coaching aptitude to get that done), Tony will not be back. Ross knows that the fans hate Tony (for the most part) and he knows that the fans will continue to miss games if Tony is still there.

18. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Just think about this way: The more we win = more draft picks we lose to trade up for one of those QB's. So if you're not on SFL, you're basically cool with losing draft picks or (gulp) not getting a top QB at all or (DOUBLE GULP) plucking one of the crappy QB's from next years Free Agent scrap heap.

19. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Like this year? The Fins "may" win 2 more games but that is it. There is no way in the world this team finishes with over 4 wins (I would bet money on that if I bet on sports). All this crap that you see posted about the Fins possibly winning 8-9 games is pure fantasy.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  20. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I gotta say...while at first I found these conspiracy theories to be a little far fetched, anymore I can see real credibility to the notion that as an organization Indy may be tanking on purpose in order to draft Luck. And, if true I have two wishes. One, that Goodell would send out a league-wide memo stating that if it can proved that any team is throwing of games, that the team(s) involved would either forfeit draft picks (like their first round pick!). Or, that the team(s) involved go to the end of the round (each round!).

My second wish is if Indy does get the first overall pick, and they draft Luck, that he's the next Ryan Leaf. It would serve them right.

ASUFinFan likes this.
  21. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That's not going to happen. If this was Green Bay or Pittsburgh, there'd be riots if Sparano were kept for failing to get the most out of a team with this much talent. He should've been fired last year. Think about it...do you really want Tony Sparano getting his hands on a rookie QB? I sure as *$!^ don't.

22. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I wouldn't be disappointed picking 9-12 because I think Weeden will still be available. I see him as a franchise caliber QB. So I don't see winning games as a possible downfall anymore. Especially if it's because our young players like Clay and Thomas are the reasons we are winning.

23. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    I don't 'wish' to see us lose, and am not a fan of SFL ... but if going over .500 in the 2d half leads to ANY potential of retaining Sparano -- then i'd just rather lose.

Despite the 'rounding' into form for the 2d half, due to new coaches and players to integrate into the offense without the benefit of OTAs and a full TC ... I absolutely want Fat Tony gone.

I am willing to keep Daboll and Nolan as OC/DC ... but neither as HC. Not realistic of course ... but none-the-less, Tony just needs to go.

Ireland i am not 'wed' to ... he did bring in some nice pieces to the Offense this year, and we are just starting to see them pay off. Contrary to most folks beliefs ... we are not far from being a good team with playoff aspirations.

24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I wouldn't say their purposely losing games, I would say that at the top, the seeds have been planted to disinterest and spoil locker room chemistry on a season....If the team gets the impression that the front office doesn't have a sense of urgency on the season or that there are alterior motives, then naturally, the components of the team are not gonna pay enough attention to the details of preperation to win ballgames..The coaches might, but the players will not be able to.

Bill Polian has planted plenty of seeds..The smart safe way to SFL.

25. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    We could never wrestle away that number 1 spot from Indy.

26. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    Looks like 5 of the top 10 teams might draft a QB, depends on what the Browns and Chiefs have in mind with their current QB's... we better don't drop out of the top 5 if they're looking for Luck, Barkley or Jones!

27. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Then dont watch the rest of the season. Tune in next year...

The Fins arent getting Luck. Get over it, they will draft a QB unless Moore wins out...

I know the postseason is very improbable but I still had a lot of fun watching Miami win on Sunday.

Steve-Mo and ascii like this.
  28. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA

IMO, you're making a false assumption that Colts would have won 11 games even with Manning. That team's talent has been depleted, especially on the defense. Their coaching is highly suspect. and teams like Houston (until Schaub's injury) were much improved. Colts were 9-7 w/Manning. 1-15 w/o him.

29. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Sigh. We have two opportunities in the top 2 of the draft in the last 6 years and we draft Ronnie freaking Brown and an offensive lineman (albeit a very good one) in drafts where Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan were available. Now, when we need a QB more than ever, we are probably going to be drafting below the top 5.

30. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Pads losing faith???

Were has our end of Season 0-3 record gone the last few years???

Even with a .500 record, IMHO, TS is gone, that ship has sailed and Ross will know that there was no reason for this team to have started the Season at 0-7... that reflected on leadership...

specially when the HC tells the media that after a few losses "he does not why???"

31. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think we've still got a good shot at the top five. We will probably only win four games. That's usually good for a top five pick.

32. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    Our new gm but don't forget about our new hc and coaching staff! :wink2:

33. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    And if he's unable to get his guy because of draft slotting then he just gets a qb and not the qb and our 2nd victory comes in week 10 again.

Suck for Osweiler!

34. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He said a new GM, not Jeff Ireland.

35. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    And I'm cynical about it, I smell sitcom! :knucks:

36. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    This, why the hell do you people want us to win so badly? What does it get this franchise in the future? More empty seats because we have no QB?

HardKoreXXX and finyank13 like this.
  37. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    What the hell is the point of a football team that doesnt win? You might as well not watch football for an entire year or else you are just staring at a screen and really wasting your time.

Id be happy if it turns out Moore can lead this team into the future. This is the best opportunity of his career to prove he can do it.

Its time to move past Luck. The Fins arent getting him.

38. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    The worst thing that could happen to this franchise is we go 6-10 and pick 8-12, that would be a total disaster. Keep in mind, under that scenario it is distinctly possible that Sparano returns.

finyank13 likes this.
  39. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Possible but unlikely for Sparano. Definite for Ireland. :pity:

40. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

You dreamer! Other than when we had Penny Sparano has NEVER had 3 wins in a row so you can kiss beating the Bills goodbye. If we get real lucky we'll beat the Eagles and end up 3-13, other than that I see no wins in sight!