1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Draft Order

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mile High Fin, Nov 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    If we dont move up to pick a QB I'd love to see us draft Blackmon.

2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    And Matt Moore has proved he's more than a backup? Really?

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is why Flynn is remotely attractive for us, we preserve our draft choices.

4. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I think we should sign Flynn and draft Blackmon (probably) take a trade up or draft Jeffery (could get away with a trade down).

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    The Miami Dolphins has the # 9 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft in April. FYI

6. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    according to who? Did they toss the coin already?

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If you want Flynn and a WR, it might be better to trade down and go after Kendall Wright rather than Jeffery. Alshon's an enticing pick, but he makes our offense slower when IMO we're already in need of speeding it up, especially with Flynn. Wright also allows us more flexibility & versatility since he can be moved around which plays into what we've started with Bush & Clay (added to Marshall).

Tweaking the #1 TE position might also help. Perhaps taking Dwayne Allen in the 2nd (if he lasts that long) so we'd have an athletic TE capable of playing off the line to help create better mismatches for Marshall, Bush, and the TE himself. With a guy like Allen, he can block inline, but he also has more quickness, coordination, and agility than Fasano to effectively block in space. IMO when you have a speedy back like Reggie with the ability to break runs on the perimeter, it's beneficial to have a move TE who can get out in front of Reggie. A TE like Allen's presence might allow us to call more screens to Marshall.

Now, trading back for Wright and then taking Allen..... that's one way to boost the offense while helping to maximize the talent already on it. Plus, 2 playmakers for the price of 1?? Where do I sign up? lol.

Since we already have a #1 WR, IMO we should only take Blackmon if he represents BPA at our pick. If he were Calvin Johnson, I could get behind trading up, but I'm not certain Blackmon will dominate enough to warrant an extra pick.

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Pods, I forgot that Flynn's a UFA.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think were on the same page, goin into the draft, do everything possible to aquire Luck, RG3, if not, see whats there at 9, also think about what you have to do to get Tannehill later,if you can trade down and pick up some ammo while still getting him, then yes, and if you get enough, then use that ammo to get back up in the first to get Allen or Wright, because both will be first round picks, Wright top 15-20..

Also really looking into Russell Wilson, just saying that right now bro..I really like his game...maybe double up on the position...there are a few routes we can go.

10. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I can easily get on board with Kendall Wright as well. I still think Blackmon would be the way to go in round 1 if he somehow fall to #9.

I'd love Allen in Round 2, but is it realistic that he is there with our pick? I've sort of just assumed he's be gone by then. Maybe I'm wrong. Signing Flynn and drafting Blackmon/Jeffery/Wright in round 1 and Allen in round 2 would really make our offense more Green Bay like and would help Flynn out tremendously.

And don't let Killerphin hear you say we have a #1 WR already.....:lol:

11. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Could be #8 based on coin flip results with CAR......either #8 or #9 in round 1. TBD @ Combine.

finyank13 likes this.
  12. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I wonder what Flynn would demand in free agency....

13. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Coin Flip still hasnt been held btw.

14. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    @ Scouting Combine

15. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'll second that.

Not too worry though, as I could easily see the Redskins drafting him at #6.