1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New England Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by emale2u, Jan 12, 2008.

1. emale2u

emale2u New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    It has bothered me from day 1 when NE was caught taping the Jets that it was done so out in the open. I may not like Bill Belichick, but I do respect him for being smarter and one step ahead of everyone else. I still feel like he could have gotten away with the taping if he wanted to. So then the question has remained, why did he get caught and was it possible that he wanted to get caught?

Over the last few years, I always felt like they knew what we were going to do before we did it. I remember a third and goal a few years ago in NE in a critical situation (back when we had critcial situations) and we ran a bootleg. It was stopped just like they were in our huddle.

For those of you that don't believe that he woud get caught on purpose, suspend your belief for a minute and think about why it might be beneficial to them. Some facts. are:

1. The person doing the taping was easily identified as being from NE and was right on the NY sideline. There already had been a league directive warning teams not to do it.
    2. BB didn't know exactly what the penalties would be.
    3. BB knew NE had 2 first round picks this year, so even if they lost a draft pick, he had something extra to work with. I would imagine he didn't believe he would lose a #1
    4. Knowing the other teams signals, especially in crucial situations is extemely beneficial.
    5. NE lost to Miami last year and the rumor was that Miami knew NE signals.

So why get caught on purpose?

1. Because you already have what you need
    2. You found another way to get teams signals.
    3. You want to make sure that no one else does it becuase you feel you have a such a good team that would be the only way you aren't going to win the SB.
    4. Since they were caught in the first game, the teams they play will feel a little more confident knowing that NE did get anything valuable (just like everyone else I've heard) . How could they when they were caught in the first half of the first game of the season and the tapes were confiscated.

or, maybe BB just isn't as smart as I thought ..,......... naw

Marshall

2. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Why would he want to lose a 1st round pick? Even at 32, the talent is very good and can help solidify positions on your team.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Belichick got caught because Mangini had prior knowledge, having worked for New England before coaching the Jets.

Simple as that.

4. psingh01

psingh01 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    He was told not to and did it anyway. His actions were a big F U to the league. He showed he was above the league. So what does the league do? Slap him on the wrist and destroy the evidence. Belicheat owns the NFL.

5. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    he does.