1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New England has 50-50 chance to sign JT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Blah you guys. Listen I loved JT when he was here. Twords the end he lost the team mentality and decided it was a HIM game instead of a Team game.

If he goes to NE I will never forgive him and hopes he never wins anything and does not retire a dolphin and go on the ring of fame!

Sorry I hold grudges

Bpk, MonstBlitz and Big E like this.
  2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

Really? Did you talk to him? I'm just wondering how you knew what he was thinking. I just hope that EVERYTHING you ever do is as selfless as you obviously expect others to be. Aging veterans approaching the end of their careers have to look out for themselves. The NFL can be cruel. There's no guarantee if he had done all of the "right" things last season he wouldn't have been cut anyway due to the injury and productivity problems he was having.

dolphindebby likes this.
  3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    LMAO...my favorite post in this thread, hands down. :chuckle:

And, you can put me in the camp that says if he does sign with NE, then he's dead to me as a great Dolphin. Don't get me wrong, I know you can't wipe away all the great games, and all that he gave game after game. BUT...you just don't sign with one of your biggest most hated rivals and divisional foe. You can throw NYJ and Buffalo into the equation for that matter as far as I am concerned. But, definitely, and I mean most definitely, not the Patsies. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Don't do it JT! Don't go to the dark side!

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Same here, but it would stick in my craw to see him in NE. :pity:

5. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I would hate it no doubt. I wouldn't go as far as to say he shouldn't be in the Dolphins ring of honor though. He has been my favorite Dolphin since Marino retired, that would be tainted if he goes to the hated Pats. Zach was close anyway so he would then easily become the favorite Dolphin since Dan.

This reminds me of when Tom Glavine went to the Mets. I hated it but it never entirely erased the great memories or his legacy in Atlanta.

6. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    I want to disapprove but JT has to look out for himself.

Bpk likes this.
  7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Whatever happens and wherever he ends up, you're 100% about the Ring of Honor. He earned his right to be there when he played for us. Nothing can take that away and anyone who thinks he shouldn't be there if he goes to a divisional rival is thinking with their emotions rather than looking at it logically.

8. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

I don't want to see ANY Pats players win a Super Bowl, ex-Fins or not!

:lol:

opfinistic likes this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

We see it again and again... JT is no Zach Thomas when it comes to what's inside.

10. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    From my seat he competed just as fiercely. JT played hurt many times but he has no heart. Sure. WE haven't seen anything. You must be one of the ones all mad about the dancing show.

11. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    When a player that plays the majority of their career on one team goes to a division rival, it's the equivalent to cheating on your spouse.

Big E likes this.