1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JT and Zach article "What better way to get there than to beat the stincken Jets"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Jan 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I don't know about Thomas as he didn't even talk to the writer.

But I'm glad JT is happy for us. I know a few of us here can't get over the offseason, but what's done is done and I'll always think highly of JT for all the great years and being a great guy.

2. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Great article. But you know that this has to irk them...at least somewhat. It's definitely ironic.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    They may wear different uniforms, but they still bleed aqua.

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i know some here are still angry at JT but i love the guy, hes one, and will always be one, if my favorite dolphins of all time, sure he made a mistake, who hasn't?

dolphindebby and Dolphinsfan69 like this.
  5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    What bothers me is that lately, for whatever reason, all these articles are coming out talking about how Zach left to go play for a contender.

Zach wanted to finish his career here. He was released because, as Bill Parcells told him, he was 35 and they had to let him go.

Zach said those very words on Hard Knocks. Said he respected Bill for being straight up with him. And he was excited about the change (after 12 years, who wouldn't be?). But Zach did NOT leave us. He was shown the door.

Granted, usually the writers aren't responsible for the headlines/titles. That's the editor's doing.

6. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Zach would not have started on this year's team, and he made $ 8 or 9 million. He was asked to take a drastic pay-cut and refused. Bill then showed him the door. That is how I remember it going down.

As for JT, I don't care how he tries to sugarcoat things now, he was DISLOYAL to this organization, and actively worked to get traded. I really don't give a crap what he is doing today, or in the future. What he did ruined his legacy....tarnished it forever in my heart. :angry:

Coral Reefer likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Not for me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm fine with you having yours. I see what Bill Parcells did to Zach as the same thing Parcells did to JT. At the end of the day, you have to worry bout yourself. The organization will never show loyalty to the players, so they should feel the same way. I tell you this, JT has shown more loyalty to the Dolphins than a lot of players, so I hold no grudge.

Lots of beloved dolphins have done the same or worse than JT, so no hard feelings here. One of the greatest dolphins ever, period. He was actively working to get traded, and for all we know Parcells was actively trying to trade him. How else did those rumors get started before the draft? Think JT was making calls, or Parcells? Oh well we feel what we feel, he's gone, lets move on.

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Jay makes a great point Kevin.. I am mad at JT's behavior too, but Jay sets it straight, imo.

mullingan likes this.
  9. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I hated reading all the articles about the tension, JT getting ignored, wanting out, etc.

I have ABSOLUTELY no hard feelings about these two guys. They've both been stand up men who ended up leaving out team. While JT may have wanted out I can't blame him and he did it in a respectful manner IMO. I could have talked about how the dolphins used him, how he was worth more than he was getting paid, how they sucked and he wanted to play for a contender. While I have no doubt there was grating behind the scenes he put on a professional face and never degraded the franchise.

Can't ask for more than that after all he's been through for our team. If ever they are in a game I root for them.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  10. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    JT was not disloyal, he had a disagreement with the FO. I'd like to find somebody who has never butted heads with their boss. I really can't stand all the unfounded JT hate around here.

11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Wait I thought before you said he was sabotaging the trade. Which one was it?

12. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    His actions sabatoged the Dolphins getting FAIR VALUE for him. He knew he would never play for the Dolphins again. I truly believe he would have retired had the Dolphins not found a trade partner. He didn't care about the franchise, he just was out for himself. He is only now trying to put on a "pretty face" about it all, because he knows he was the one who screwed up, and picked the wrong path. He is where he is because of his own actions, and no one else.

13. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Absolutely he was disloyal. :tantrum:

He was under contract, and at a very handsome sum. He should have bit his tounge, done what is necessary to give his 100% to the Miami Dolphins and pleased Bill Parcells.

Instead he did everything he could to tick Parcells off, stayed away from all official or unofficial team activities, didn't know or care to know any of his new team mates, and bonding with them, etc. etc.

What more proof do you need to show he was disloyal ? :tantrum:

When he signed his contract with the Miami Dolphins, it said nothing about he needed to be on a winning team, or that he had the right to agree or disagree with team personnel descions. He was paid, and handsomely to do his job....and that included do everything possible to keep himself in perfect physical FOOTBALL condition. He failed to do that, by going off to "Dance with the stars". Consequently I believe his injury problems this year are partly due to his off-season activities and lack of football conditioning. That was disloyalty.....when you are being paid a lot of money for your physical prowess, its your utmost responsibility to keep yourself at your best.

14. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Hey we're out of the playoffs they're out of the playoffs so what's it matter?

Everyone is sitting at home.

GO NFC in the SB!

15. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I'm with you. I've always felt there was a lot more going on than we knew. JT loved this team and I never heard him say a single negative word about it.
    I still say what anyone does when their off from their job is no ones business.
    And IMO, his dancing brought a lot of non-football people into the fold. It was good publicity for our team.
    JT and Zach are two of the finest men and football players I've ever rooted for and I hope they both come out on top,no matter what they decide to do.
    I want them to retire as Dolphins tho'. They will always be Dolphins to me.

16. hard harry

hard harry New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Why would you root for the NFC??? I never do. Even if the Squealers represent us. We're the AFC family Bro.:up:
    HH

17. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    We drink haterade.......:up:

18. hard harry

hard harry New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    :lol:
    :lol:

19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Thats contradictory, why would he demand a trade then go out and get the lowest value you can for yourself? All that would do is cause the FO to hold on to him longer, or at least take that chance. That argument makes no sense.

King Felix, muscle979 and SICK like this.
  20. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Meh.... I've never found any value in that viewpoint.
    Were the Miami Dolphins period.

THat dosen't make me a bigger fan or a fan at all of the AFC conference or the AFC East division. As far as the division is concerned, the fact that all other teams in it are our hated rivals I can't possibly root for anyone outside of the Dolphins in the division. Seeing that, I'm really not a fan of the AFC east as a whole at all.

Back to the article, I wish Zach all the best and wish he had been here this year.
    As for JT, I'm simply not a fan anymore.
    Our FO did good in moving him for a draft pick anyway. That's how you stay competitive in today's NFL. You get value for players not fitting in your plans anymore.

21. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I don't want anyone in the AFC to win, if it isn't us. Ever. AFCE even worse.

anlgp likes this.
  22. hard harry

hard harry New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    The thought process behind that is, if the team you lost to looses, it makes your team look even weaker. The AFC has dominated the NFC over the past ten years . So competing in that conference carries a certain prestiege.
    HH