1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New L.a. Stadium To Be Proposed Thursday

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    It was widely reported on Wednesday that Edward Roski, a part owner of the L.A. Kings and L.A. Lakers, will make a “major announcement” on Thursday regarding the possible future of the NFL in Los Angeles.

He’ll unveil on Thursday morning his concept for a new stadium in L.A. PFT Planet gets an advance peek at the venue, thanks to Roski’s group, which sent to us a link to the proposed venue’s brand-new web site.

The site included a computerized flyover of the stadium. Though the graphics are a bit on the N64 level, the video reveals a stunning structure that creates the appearance that it is surrounded by a bowl of earth and grass.

And if you look closely, you’ll notice the obvious ambition of the project. One of the nearby buildings is adorned with a huge sign that proclaims “SUPER BOWL.”

The stadium would be builty in the City of Industry, rougly 20 miles east of Los Angeles. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells the AP that the NFL will not be involved in Thursday’s press conference. (The computerized mock-up of the stadium, however, sports the NFL logo on one of the background signs.)

LINK TO rest of story
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/17/new-la-stadium-to-be-proposed-thursday/

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
  3. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    I've seen/read about a few people that have tried to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles(and failed).I sure hopes this"deal" gets done,but I'm not holding my breath.Btw I really don't want another "transplant" team in LA,we've never had our own original NFL franchise here.But at this point I'm willing to take just about any team(for my second tier team:D).

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Meh, I've never really had much interest in football in LA since the Dolphins and Bruins are enough to whet my football appetite. I may go to a few games if it happens but my #1 loyalty still goes to the Dolphins.

5. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    It would bring our Dolphins to us every few years/decade.:wink2:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think the Bills would likely move there after their owner dies.

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If so, I certainly hope they move out of the AFC East or the AFC altogether.