1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Logo/Powerrankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, May 4, 2009.

1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    cnc66 likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

It is an alternate logo it has been around for a while.

HULKFish, baboo72, DOLPHAN1 and 4 others like this.
  3. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Both are wrong! The ranking is crap, even behind the Broncos, with no defense and no Cutler, maybe a lot less Marshall? BS

The logo - meh. Not exciting if it is real, don't beleive it is. Clcik it there and the page it takes you too has the real logo....

4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yep, since 97. Thought this was gonna be like the one in Madden haha.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. anlgp

wtf patriots are first? could they get down on their knees any more?

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  6. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    As much as it pains me to say it, the Pats are still the team to beat. As long as they have Brady and crew, they are going to be at or near the very top of these rankings every year.

steveincolorado and HULKFish like this.
  7. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I agree with this, but 26th is a damn joke.

HULKFish and dolfan32323 like this.
  8. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I like it. I know we are better than that but, let all the rankings say that we suck. Let's surprise everyone again. I'm all for it.

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Prisco explained the ranking. He thinks we'll be 'that team'. The one that takes a step back every year after a surprising rise. The Saints and Ravens were those teams in '07. Hey, it's his opinion. And we have much tougher schedule this year. I expect our record to not be as good as last year.

But give him credit. In that same ranking he also says in 2010, look out.

As for New England, they were the best team in the division at the end of the year. They were playing the best football. And they would have done better in the playoffs than us. We won the division, but they're the better team right now until we prove otherwise IMO.

10. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    It's Prickso - that's a good sign.

Themole likes this.
  11. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Bungles at #16....what a joke

12. anlgp

well the giants beat them when they had brady and crew. so they were the team to beat. they got beat. bad.

yet everyone still wears pats colored glasses.

talk about things not clouding your judgement ;)

13. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    As soon as I saw it was prisco, I stopped reading

Irish Phin Fan likes this.
  14. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    One game does not a dynasty break :wink2:

The Pats played well last year and would have won the division had Brady been healthy, that's my own personal feeling. They had a good draft and are the deepest team in the league, it's hard not to see them as the best team in the NFL. I'm a Dolphins fan through and through, but I'm also a realist and I'm willing to give credit when it's due. The Pats are a great team, we have an uphill battle on our hands.

I didn't even bother to look at our ranking, but after reading Muck's post, I can see where Prisco is coming from. I don't think we'll be that hard off, but we aren't going to be the beneficiaries of an easy schedule and our competition in the AFCE got alot tougher. I think we'll suffer a bit of a setback, how much I don't know, but I don't foresee us winning the division unless everything clicks and the stars are aligned.

15. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pete Prisco has officially been renamed to Pete Pricksco in my book.

What a maroon.

16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    We should be celebrating! Prisco is always wrong.

17. anlgp

ok when's the last time they won the super bowl? 2004. it is now 2009. that's 5 years without a championship.

and they still have a dynasty?

18. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    The Pats are always a threat to win the SB, as long as Brady is in NE and they are able to surround him with talent, we shouldn't be so quick to write them off because they are a hated rival. Lets not pretend that the Pats are so far removed from their SB teams that they don't stand a chance at reeling off 2 straight. I know it's tough, I know some people have to swallow extra hard to give praise to the Pats, I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but the Pats are still the most talented team in football IMO.

Show me another team in the NFL that is as talented, as deep and as dangerous as the Pats.

And if you say the Dolphins, I swear to God that I will cyberslap you. :pointlol:

19. anlgp

steelers.

and i hate saying that about the steelers

but so much of NE talent revolves around brady.

I don't think the same could nearly be said about pitt. their defense is lethal.

20. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Seriously right now, 11-5 last season and AFC east champs. I know our schedule is tough and the pats are full strength but i cant see us being lower than #20. And thats the LOWEST. #26 just shows a total lack of disrespect for what we accomplished last season. I mean we really didnt loose any players. If anything we got better.

21. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    Every year there's this schedule talk...personally, I don't like to look too much into it..

does it look hard? based on last year yes.

Based on 2009.......who knows? the NFL is a surprise box imho.

If we are the best team out there, we'll probably be champs, no matter what.

22. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    This guys is an idiot.

23. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I don't give one crap about rankings. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would.

24. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    the giants. maybe the iggles

25. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I agree we may slide back a bit but to 26th??

And the Bills, who had no decent QB play last year, and horrible protection subtract their Left Tackle and are better than the team that won the division??

Terrell Owens... he needs someone to THROW him the ball, and
    THAT guy will need five guys to PROTECT him. T.O. did squat with Brad Johnson last year and he'll do little better in Buffalo.

Yet the Bills are 7 spots higher than us in the power rankings?

Jauron is clueless and so is Prisco.

26. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think that piece was takin from the new sports page at the national enquirer...26th my ***..what the nfl doesnt still know about us is that we are fast becoming one of the best teams in the league at execution....smart players executing difficult formations with no mental errors. were gonna be a much better football team then last year...

27. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    Yep. Granted, I don't see us at #1, and talent-wise, we are still behind the Patriots this year--assuming Brady is actually healthy, but I don't see why we're behind both the Bills and Jets. Neither has a stable QB situation. TO will tear the Bills apart before pre-season is over. If Brady goes down again, the division could be ours again.

I think Chicago will do well if it's running game is still there to support Cutler. Denver will fail badly this year-Orton isn't ready. How many RBs did they use last year?

We should at least be in the teens.

28. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    a gentler & kinder rating places us @ seventeenth:.
    http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

don't put much stock in so called pundits & power ratings
    got to play the game. the reality of the field is always right
    Let there be blood!

29. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    A step back does not = bottom feeder again. So Prisco can kiss my ***. He does nothing to explain why Miami will suddenly become one of the worst teams in the league again. Or how the Jets and Bills will pass them.

30. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    While I also concur that we could take a step backwards this year, I'm still amused at the #26 ranking. That's not a step back. That's more like falling down the hill.

31. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    So, he respects us? :confused:

32. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Hahaha nice catch my bad on that one. You get what im sayin:tongue2:

33. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I prefer Pissco.

Anyway I dont care about an incredibly early season power ranking.

34. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    All I have to say about all this early ranking nonsense is "we'll see". The fact is nobody knows what will happen, just as nobody knew that Miami had a shot at winning the division last year at this time.

We do have a tougher schedule than last year, but that doesn't mean Miami can't play up to it.

If you were to ask Brady what his goal is this regular season, it would obviously be to get where Miami was at the end of last season...going into the Playoffs as the AFC East Champion. So they have to unseat us, not the other way around. There will always be popular opinion, but it really doesn't mean ****.

Until the play hits the field in the Fall, none of this ranking **** has any bearing on reality.

35. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    You know I would love to see a reporter ask him "Does it feel strange knowing that the Dolphins are the team to beat this year?"

Just to see his smugass response, just to fire up the team come September.