1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Miami Never Quit Culture

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by josh, Dec 10, 2018.

1. josh

josh Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Whoever is responsible for this, we have to retain them. I think Gase is a big part of it. As far as I can tell, the only time the team has quit under him was the Buffalo game last year, and Gase fired people for it.

But I also think it's the kind of players he's bringing in here: Gore and Amendola come to mind -- guys who are winners, who have won at a high level, who are self-motivated professionals. We have to keep those kind of guys around.

I don't have a good feel for who are the vocal leaders on the team, versus the lead by example guys like Wake. I wonder if we have much of an overlap between vocal and professional.

jdallen1222, danmarino and Fame like this.
  2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    There have been some bad loses. Usually the team folds. Not this team.

Even with all the injuries to our best players they find a way to gut it out. They scrap. It may not be pretty at times. Tanny holds the ball too long. The pass rush is anemic. But they have fought through.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    danmarino likes this.
  3. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    Every team is always fired up against the pats, i think every team hates them as much as the next. Just wanting that knockout blow to boost the moral of the team!!!! lucky but great win, love crying brady!!!!

4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think it's mostly Gase. His very good win% in close games given point differential is highly unlikely to be a statistical fluke.

The only problem is that I think Gase deserves most of the blame for that bad point differential! So it's a negative his offense and defense are quite bad in points scored/allowed, but a positive he can win more than most do given a low scoring offense and bad defense.

In the end W/L is all that matters, more importantly playoffs. Great test for Gase here. Dolphins finally won a "must-win" game. We got 3 more coming up (highly likely we make the playoffs if we win out.. unlikely we make it if we go 9-7 because we need a good deal of help there, but if it's 9-7 we need to win against the AFC opponents).

danmarino and josh like this.