1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New players coming in?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SuncoastFinsFan, Aug 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I think that we'll see alot of new players coming in during the next few weeks.

We need alot. We need WRs, OL, and DBs. I think other teams 3rd and 4th WRs could come here and start.

It will be interesting to see how this week plays out. Hopefully, we'll see some new faces soon.

Themole likes this.
  2. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Wow, already....hide all the sharp objects

Larryfinfan, PMZQ, calphin and 2 others like this.
  3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I dunno...I think it is fair to say that other teams' scrubs could indeed start for us at certain positions. Linebacker for instance, or WR. We have no depth at all at WR...we have a couple good guys, a couple with potential and then a bunch of dreck.

SuncoastFinsFan likes this.
  4. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    This guy.......uhhh..........:pity::no:

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yeah...I gotta agree with Suncoastfinfan...I gouged my left eye out tonight simply due to the radio coverage, I'm saving my right eye for the Season Opener, that way, once I'm certain that he is right, I won't have to face the ugliness of another 1-15 season........

Give me a break.....:pity:

6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Get a grip. Our starting offense and defense both looked just fine.

alen1 likes this.
  7. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    u are too funny.

8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Damned. Bet that hurts.

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Relax boys and girls. The first stringers looked pretty good to me. It wasnt until we put in our depth players that this thing got out of hand. Ronnie got in there. Ricky looked great, Parmele got a nice start, Beck seemed to do ok, Henne was apparently impressive as well. While our starters in the secondary were on the field they were making plays, and breaking up passes.

I dont think theres a need to overreact at this point. Tampa has alot of talented players on both sides of the ball. they were a playoff team, we were 1 and 15. They have what... 7 qb's? McCown has started, as has Griese and Simms. Thats 3 QB's that could maybe even land starting jobs elsewhere going up against our 2nd and 3rd stringers... what did you really expect?

Lighten up... its preseason, week 1. Our QB's (Beck & Henne) did okay, our RBs did well, our starting OL looked strong, Merling and Langford at DE were making plays and getting pressure at times. Daniels and both Allens made some plays in the secondary...

Were not going to make the playoffs this year... but were definately not going to be as bad as you apparently think.

Relax. Take a deep breath. Have a beer! :ffic:

mullingan likes this.
  10. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    C'mon guys it's just SCFF opinion.

11. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    And we have our first official "I'll bury my head in the sand" Thread. :wink2:

Its all good, brother. I just think we are going to see some players brought in to shore up some postions, thats all.

Themole likes this.
  12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Clearly thats recognized. And appreciated. Even though I disagree with it. :yes: Thats the beauty of this place. Everyone has an opinion. As long as you can debate it, instead of insulting, i think its great.

SCFF, while i dont necessarily agree with your view. I do appreciate it. Its opinions like yours at times like this, that make this site wonderful. It creates discussion and ... "controversy".

:beer:

13. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Did you watch the game? Are you satisfied with all the players on the team?

Which WR tonight impressed you, if you think that I am overreacting?

14. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

:hi5:

I said something like this in another thread.:wink2:

15. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Good going Padre. Just gouge out your ears after your eyes, and you won't even have to know about it.
    :tongue2:

16. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Really? You were impressed with our WRs? Which ones and on which plays?

17. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I will give you our WR's SCFF... nobody really stood out. Kircus with Henne maybe, and thats about it. Nothing really from Ginn, not that he was on the field long. Wilford had some drops as well, Didnt hear much from Hagan who's been so "impressive" during camp... Its quite obvious i think that we definately need some help here. I'll give you that one bro! :up:

18. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

I think your right, possibly another CB, and an O-Lineman.

19. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008

This sounds just like any post posted after any one of the last six years. Relax. Its early. It'll all be okay. Hmmmm...was it?

The good news is, its only football. My mother passed away this past year..that was serious. Football, who cares? We all have different opinions and attitudes and we all hope the Fins get it together. But if not...oh well.

As a matter of fact Brandon, I will have that beer! :knucks:

20. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Thanks, FS...I can always depend on you. But I know what I am up against..If I don't come here with a "The Fins sure were AWESOME tonight" post, I am going to get Gonged. Its just the way it is.

But like I told Brandon, in the end, its not that important. And Thank God that its not! :up:

Styla likes this.
  21. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008

Thanks Brother-B27...and really, all I said was I think we are going to see some new players in here next week. If thats "controversial", its going to be a FUN year! :up:

22. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    its about getting off the field on 3rd downs. they did it, we didnt.

23. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Sorry about your mother bro.

Football is the common thing here that ties us all together. Nobody says we need to agree with one another! :lol:

Im not saying its all going to be okay. Were obviously rebuiling, and on a long road to that. But thats just it, it takes time. its not going to happen over night, or over the course of one off season. You didnt expect a miracle did you? Im just at this point, trying to reserve judgement. If we look like this come preseason game 3, i might be concerned. But this is indeed a while new team really. JT and ZT are gone... We have no big name players on O aside from Ricky and Ronnie, and Ginn, but only because of college, he's yet to prove himself in the NFL. Our D... is entirely new really. I just feel that its going to take some time to get it together. I dont want to explode just yet. :lol:

:ffic: have another beer man. thats what im doing! :up:

24. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Hopefully, that will improve.

25. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Exactly. This sums up the game perfectly. Good job, SD.

26. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers to you and yours.

27. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008

Thanks brother. I hear ya...its gonna be a fun year, regardless.

28. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Of course a lot of what we saw tonight we were not happy with, but trust me, what you will get by this time of the year isn't going to turn a sows ear into a silk purse. :no:

29. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think so too. I think we have some positive things going on here. I like Sparano as a coach. Ricky and Ronnie are strong, Im liking our starting O-line. Our LB's have potential, as well as the DL with Langford and Merling. Its a youth movement here, especially on D. Like is aid, week 1 of preseason, I didnt expect us to look great with all that youth out there. But it is going to be a fun year. It always will be. I definately dont think were as bad as last year, If anything weve improved, and we lost what, 6 games by 3 or less last year. That definately gives some hope for optimism.

May I ask... If anything, and im assuming there has to be something, what were you impressed with tonight from our phins?

30. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Ricky was impressive. The guy is running like he stole that dimebag.

Henne, for a first time out, was impressive by the way he played, not so much in the results. I like the way he threw the ball with authority. When he decides to make the throw, you don't have to wonder if its going to get caught "Fiedler like" in a S. Florida Breeze. It won't.

Merling seemed to get some pressure a couple of times. Hes going to be a special player, I think. He's better than Gaines Adams right now.

The starting Oline was ok in pass protection. I'd say they battled to a draw with the Bucs Dline. The backups, a big time different story.

Kircus made a few tough catches, one where he got smacked. I just don't know if he can consistently get open.

McCown, God love him, I think he's probably not going to stick around much longer. And it wasn't all his fault. No one would have looked good when he was playing, but life isnt' always fair.

Rick 1966 and brandon27 like this.
  31. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree with pretty much all of the above! In addition to Merling, It seemed like LAngford was in on alot of plays as well. I think were going to be hearing alot of the two of them for years to come. That is definately exciting!

Henne... doesnt surprise me. Im a Michigan fan. I knew what he was capable of. He really seems to be adjusting to the speed of the NFL game very quickly, which is extremely good news for us.

For our starting OL to "battle to a draw" with the bucs DL i'd say is pretty impressive at this point considering almost the entire group is new, aside from Carey and Satele.

Kircus... while yes, he struggles to get open, I believe he does have reliable hands.

Cant dispute McCown... pretty sure he's out of here. Id be shocked if its anyone but him.

32. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well Van Gogh did have the whole ear removal thing down.....:tongue2:

It's to early to tell SCFF, to my way of thinking the second and third teamers lack of tackling is more upsetting then the Qb play, in fact, the Defense deserves more of a tongue lashing then the "O" does.

If we are playing soft zone, you have to tackle, you have to stop the RAC from killing you, no unit did that tonight.

33. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    No I didn't watch but will tomorrow. Though I won't overreact to 1....count with me....1 preseason game with a new offense and coach and everything

34. Bottle Nose

Bottle Nose Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    On the WR front, I thought the arena football player who got in looked very fast and caught the ball well (#11). Bess had 2 or 3 straight completions. Kircus made a good adjustment on a slant from the left to catch the ball, and took a big hit and hung onto the ball on a slant from the right side.

35. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I believe you are referring to Anthony Armstrong whom Chad Henne hit on that that pass. Nice play there. I liked it.

However, I think its going to take more than one play to impress our coaching staff though.

36. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think that the people that are screaming "the Dolphins are awesome" are just as much over the top as the ones that are screaming "the team is horrible and untalented". I think most people are somewhere in the middle, understanding that we are a young, rebuilding team with a lot of new players, new coaches and a new scheme. We understand we just lost our 2 pro-bowl players and we won't be very good this year. If you post opinions to an extreme--either extreme--you can prepare yourself for a flaming.

37. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    IMO....
    we'll see some new faces over the next couple of weeks. But I don't know about alot
    We have a young team with a new coaching staff and subsequently an entire new system being learned. I expected Tampa to look better than us. McCown and Simms have been in TB with Gruden for several years. This is Griese's 2nd go round with Gruden in TB. Of course their offense is going to run smoother than ours.
    What we have at this point is a team of young and inexperienced players, with a few older vets - Ferguson, (and now) Pennington, Holliday, RW, and Wilford to name a few.
    Our OL is dominated by 1st and 2nd year players. Our WR group is very young.
    etc, etc.
    I want to win now, no question. But I do not believe our FO is going to scrap all of the young players who're going through growing pains if they believe in their own assessments that these guys are going to develop.
    Me I saw some things to cause optimism. RW avg just over 6 ypc. Kircus made some great catches. Ferguson is a beast. I also saw some speed on defense.
    Don't forget TB was a playoff team last year. Their defense was ranked pretty high, too. They're returning alot of core players. While we're watching a team going through a pretty significant changeover.
    So I think most are simply saying relax; it's really not yet time to push the panic button. There isn't going to be instant cohesion. TC and preseason is the time for these guys to work together and (hopefully) learn each others' tendencies.
    If opening day we don't look any better, then pessimism will be more widespread and you'll have plenty of company; trust me.

38. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    :lol:

39. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    I think we will add a player or two, but dont expect a bunch of players coming. Truth Parcells want Miami to be a young team who grwos as a unit and becomes good. Our older veterans right now include Penington. Holliday, Porter, Ferguson and Mckinney.

Me Personally after what I saw today would like a WR it is the position that needs the most help, alot of help. I was really against about bringing Henry, but now I would like to see it happen. The reason is maybe Parcells can turn the kid around. If not him Glenn would be just fine.

40. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

Even though the "extreme" is sometimes (and clearly was last year) the truth regarding this team. We were extremely bad, or put another way, we were "horrible and untalented". But if one says it, points it out, quantifies it, that person will be mocked, belittled, insulted, and on many message boards, banned for what amounts to just being honest.

And to me, thats disappointing. Every year, you have some (many) that always take the team as totally new endeavor. To them the first week of TC for us is a new experience and we cannot draw any inferences from it whatsoever. Regardless if we've seen the same thing over and over and over.

As a matter of fact, this thread was labeled as the "first official overreaction" thread, or something to the effect. When in fact, to any objective observer, the lack of talent on this football team is blatantly obvious. But to suggest that we need to be scouring the NFL for upgrades is seen by some to be "overreacting".

It seems as if more than a few of our fellow fans have the "abused spouse" syndrome. They have been beaten down so much and they so want it to stop they will not even entertain the fact that what we are seeing is the same ol, same ol.

Now, on this board, there are alot of good intelligent posters...Freestyle, Rick1966, Brandon27, and others are objective and make good analysis. But there are just as many that would rather bury their heads in the sand and deny what they see, than to accept it and make a judgment on how to improve.

And believe me, for this, I'll probably get flamed. No one will take it apart and argue with a particular aspect of the post, (they really can't; the post is true). They will beat me up on tone, insult my judgment, use sarcastic humor and then sit back and get thanked repeatedly. :wink2:

Its just how it is. But as I told someone in another post, its all good. We are all hoping for the best. :up:

gunn34 likes this.