1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Posters Overviews of the Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JimToss, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Hi all., as you can see by my post number, I am new to the site. Transferred over from Fin Heaven due to the site having some problems with adware, that they are working on fixing. I would like to think I established a good reputation over there and hope to do the same here. So I thought it would be a good idea to start off with my overview of the Miami Dolphins.

I want to start off by saying our Dolphins are better then our record. Overall we have lost to quality teams. All playoff teams if not Superbowl contenders. The Colts game was especially hard to swallow due to the utter domination we showed, and were just plain beat by one of the greatest QBs of all time. Peyton reminds me of a certain #13 I used to love to watch.

Secondly, I want to say seeing Pennington go down was the toughest thing to see this season. Yes, he may have limited our offense, but with every play practice and film session he gave 110%. He played with more heart then I have been in a Miami Dolphin in a long time. I wish Henne the best, and think he has some potential, but I would have been much happier with him beating Penny in an open competition.

Some other quick hits on my views:
    Its great Ronnie is healthy thus far and he is finally establishing himself as a special player who needs to be extended .

I love our O-line. I believe they are becoming a dominating force. I’m worried about the depth but our starters are starting to gel. Smash mouth football is winning football.

I do not like Ted Ginn and his family. I just don’t think he has the makeup of a #1 WR, but think he can produce as a #2. Bess is great.

From the day of the draft I have not liked the Pat White experiment.

I think Ferguson is probably the most underrated player on the team, but we need to draft a good young NT. He is just getting too old.

I trust Parcells and company, but realize they are not perfect. Decisions can be questioned, but they do know more about football them all of us combined.

Before the season I predicted 9-10 wins and I am still hoping for it.

Welp that’s about all my ranting for now. Hope to get to know, the other posters here, and look forward to the future conversations.

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Welcome Brother Jim.:wink2: Enjoy the site.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    You and I see MANY things the same.
    Both Ginn and Penny have been talked about and fueded about at great length here. Better to just stay away from those subjects and let them play themselves out.

I think Fergie is just about done. He is still an anchor and was a HUGE part of our turn around last year, but I think he is starting on the decline. That being said, I am very very excited that Soliai is really starting to show some promise. If he can continue on like he has so far this season, that eliminates a need for next year. I personally think he has what it takes to possibly be a future Pro-Bowler, but we will have to see.

Good to have you here :up:

JimToss likes this.
  4. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Welcome to the site Jim. Make yourself right at home.

5. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Welcome I myslef have transfered and it has nothing to do with the Adware. This site is great and you have some hardcore fans who know what they are talking about.

DeDolfan, DOLPHAN1 and like2god like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Welcome Jim Toss, I take it from your post that one is a "show me" type of PhinFan?

I mean White has not played enough to say one or another about him..:wink2:

7. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I could see them lining him up at WR even as a decoy and fake a pass to him. Possibly even let him throw from there.

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Great post Jim, welcome to the site. You'll find that this site is the best for your Dolphins fix. The mods and admins are the best on the planet.

Agreed. Did you know Brown's on pace for nearly 1500 yards rushing? The guy is just in another zone right now. And he's doing it while sharing the workload with Ricky Williams.

This is a big reason why Ronnie has looked so good. Still, there's always room for improvement, especially in pass protection (that's not just on the offensive line, but the TE, RB, and QB as well).

Prior to Pennington going down, I would have agreed with your assessment of Ginn. Now though, I'm more inclined to give him a couple of weeks with Henne at the controls before I judge him further. He would be an excellent #2, and Bess would be a great slot receiver. Then again, true #1s in the NFL are kind of hard to come by.

I go back and forth on it. I initially hated it on draft day, before gradually warming up to it this season. This season the words that come to mind watching White are "reactive" and "wide-eyed." Things appear to be moving much too fast for him at this stage of the game. It's pretty clear as we go along that this is going to be more and more a "redshirt" year for White. I'm prepared to give him some time to get comfortable before I start running him out of town.

We've seen more and more of Soliai this season. Ferguson at this point is a 2 down player. I like Soliai but I wouldn't mind another prospect in April.

This is what you'll love the most about the board. As long as you bring well formed thoughts and can back your opinion up, you'll find the debate to be respectful and thoughtful. You won't see a lot of smack talking here ... after all we're Dolphins fans first. :knucks:

And if you really want the best analysis, bar none, of Miami football, then you should really check out our Club membership. Our club members put the national media and local reporters to shame.

HugeFinFan, byroan, JimToss and 2 others like this.
  9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    they're paying you now?

10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Big welcome from another Finheaven transfer. And I agree with every point you made.

gunn34 likes this.
  11. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :yes:

We're all FH tranfers. All the best ones came over here. :up:

Clipse, cnc66 and mullingan like this.
  12. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    And I don't blame you. FH is a mess now. If only I came sooner :no:

13. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Welcome aboard, Jim !!! a good many of us used to be residents at Finheaven, but we've moved.
    Anyway, I pretty much agree, to the letter, nearly everything else you said. :knucks:

14. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Welcome as well!!!

15. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I would love for Soliai to step into that dominating NT role. At points the kid seems to absolutely destroy the LOS. He has definitely stepped up his game. I really hope he has turned the corner.
    But, unfortunately I just am not sure if I trust him. The various run-ins with the "violations of team rules" and at points he just doesn't seem to have the motor.
    I look at the NT as being the most important part of a 3-4 defense. Every dominating NT (Jenkins, Ngata, Wilfork, Hampton,Rodgers) are all selected in the 1st round/early second. It really seems as though on of the few "get what you pay" for position in the NFL.

A 3-4 DE is a lot like a QB to me. No one wants to just have a QB labeled as a "game manager" they want that franchise player at that position. I just feel that you really have to pony up for that NT in this league run rampant with the 3-4.
    I would absolutely love for Soliai to become that guy, but just don't see it.

16. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Totally agree, I was a member at FH since 2003 and the site has gone completely insane =/.

I knew after week 1 that I needed a new place to have a real discussion about the fins with out all the nutbags coming out posting every 2 secs about bench this guy, cut this guy blah blah. too much for me.

17. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Great reponse to my post Odin.
    Many of the thing I put up are of course the real "hot" topics with the Dolphins. Ginn has been debated ad naseum on every board even close to being associated with our fins.

I just came to state my Dolphins Ideology, and my positions towards a lot of the more debateable topics. It is really nice that on this site I can say the words Ted Ginn or Pat White, and not get slammed because I don't feel the same way as the next person.

I think I'll enjoy it here.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  18. Cass

Cass Active Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bristol, England
    The only thing I 'worry' about is our pass protection. 6 sacks allowed against a fairly weak Bills team gives cause for concern against a team like the Jest that like to Blitz pretty much all the time. Admittedly, some of those sacks were probably down to Henne holding on to the ball a little longer than he ought to, but still...

I should add that I like what I have seen and heard of Henne so far and think he does have the potential to become a great QB. Of course, having potential and reaching it are not the same so I hope he doesn't let any good press he may receive this season go to his head. What are your (well, anyone's) thoughts on Thigpen? I think he's better than his KC record would suggest, and depending on how high up the draft slot was we traded for him could be an astute capture.

I don't know what I think about Ginn Jr. I'm still a little sad he missed that catch against the Colts on our last MNF. I think he could become a good WR, but I'm not convinced he will become a great one.