New TV Shows Out Right Now

952 replies

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 16, 2019, 09:11 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

I know her name. What happened is I was watching Discovery of Witches last night and thought she looks exactly like this girl from this other show! I wonder if it's the same actress. So by the time I got my computer open to check the show I had forgotten the name of the damn show and now it's driving me crazy. Teresa Palmer has only been in movies I've seen so it's not her I was thinking of but someone who looks just like her in that picture I posted.

Nope not her but she's awesome.

Okay I know who you’re talking about.
Vinessa Shaw, The Hills Have Eyes.

[ATTACH:full]

invidinvidSupporter
Apr 17, 2019, 01:44 PM

She also looks a little like Amber Heard in that photo you posted.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 03:15 PM

Not Vanessa Shaw or Amber Heard but thanks for trying. It's definitely someone from a TV show I watched fairly recently. My memory sucks nowadays.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 06:55 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Not Vanessa Shaw or Amber Heard but thanks for trying. It's definitely someone from a TV show I watched fairly recently. My memory sucks nowadays.

She looks a little like Ali Larter from Heroes.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 22, 2019, 02:56 AM

"Fin D wrote:

She looks a little like Ali Larter from Heroes.

been there..

dated her, she lived in my apt in NYC for almost a year, {interesting story} way before she landed that gig heroes, it was fun to see her in varsity blues though at the time, knowing ive been where the whip cream was..:}

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 22, 2019, 02:58 AM

I can't get through season 1 of Humans..does season 2 get real good or something?

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 22, 2019, 06:16 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

been there..

dated her, she lived in my apt in NYC for almost a year, {interesting story} way before she landed that gig heroes, it was fun to see her in varsity blues though at the time, knowing ive been where the whip cream was..:}

Holy cow dude. Wow.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2019, 02:23 PM

Crazy story and it's not Ali Larter.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2019, 09:27 PM

Just watched the latest episode of Killing Eve. Villanelle is the best character ever and everyone should watch this show.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 23, 2019, 06:39 AM

"Destroyer wrote:

Just watched the latest episode of Killing Eve. Villanelle is the best character ever and everyone should watch this show.

I thought of you guys Sunday afternoon as I watched a movie on AMC. Every commercial break they kept showing commercials for that show, and every one made me want to never watch it at all. :lol: So, not everyone, lol.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I thought of you guys Sunday afternoon as I watched a movie on AMC. Every commercial break they kept showing commercials for that show, and every one made me want to never watch it at all. :lol: So, not everyone, lol.

:ban:

Well, it’s definitely not like a rerun of The Andy Griffith Show. Great story, acting that hemorrhages wit & charm, writing that’s unparalleled, and beautiful cinematography aren’t an appealing combination for everyone. :tongue2:

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2019, 03:22 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

:ban:

Well, it’s definitely not like a rerun of The Andy Griffith Show. Great story, acting that hemorrhages wit & charm, writing that’s unparalleled, and beautiful cinematography aren’t an appealing combination for everyone. :tongue2:

Agree with this. the trailers and commercials do not do it justice.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 27, 2019, 09:43 AM

My God but the new Twilight Zone is horrible. It might even be worse then the other two or three reboots the show has had. Really surprising since it's jordan peele and he's been pretty good with everything he's touched until now. There are zero twists, the premises are yawn inspiring, the dialogue is crap. It's as if he never watched an original episode.

Maybe it speaks to the greatness of Rod Serling but after three or four reboots it's pretty obvious no one can recapture the magic that was the original. The simple yet to the point dialogue, the twist you never saw coming, the timeless moral lesson that goes down surprisingly easily like candy. If Hollywood has any decency they will cancel this latest abomination and never again attempt to reboot it



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 27, 2019, 10:42 AM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

My God but the new Twilight Zone is horrible. It might even be worse then the other two or three reboots the show has had. Really surprising since it's jordan peele and he's been pretty good with everything he's touched until now. There are zero twists, the premises are yawn inspiring, the dialogue is crap. It's as if he never watched an original episode.

Maybe it speaks to the greatness of Rod Serling but after three or four reboots it's pretty obvious no one can recapture the magic that was the original. The simple yet to the point dialogue, the twist you never saw coming, the timeless moral lesson that goes down surprisingly easily like candy. If Hollywood has any decency they will cancel this latest abomination and never again attempt to reboot it

I was a kid, but I enjoyed the version that was made in the 80s. I think that they decided it was too expensive and cancelled it, like a lot of other well done shows.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 28, 2019, 08:09 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I was a kid, but I enjoyed the version that was made in the 80s. I think that they decided it was too expensive and cancelled it, like a lot of other well done shows.

cool. That was the Grateful Dead Twilight Zone. The Grateful Dead did the theme and a lot of the music on the show lol. I was just reading about that version of the show and it had problems even before it ran. the studios were iffy about running it in the first place because the movie didnt do so well. Then when they ran it, it started well but started slipping in ratings so they started changing when it aired which is always bad. at one point it was supposed to run at 10pm so the writers wrote more adult themed shows but then the show got switched to air at 8pm and the shows were considered too adult for the timeslot. one show was about an anti santa clause but the networks killed that and it cost them 1/2 million dollars. Martin, the Game of Thrones guy was a writer on that show. in the second season they just decided to kill it. I think the studios never really backed it.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 28, 2019, 08:16 AM

Wasn't there another similar show that was on in the late 80s and 90s too, under a different brand? I know there was The Outer Limits, but I'm thinking that there was something else too.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 28, 2019, 04:37 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Wasn't there another similar show that was on in the late 80s and 90s too, under a different brand? I know there was The Outer Limits, but I'm thinking that there was something else too.

HBO had a show called the Hitcher or the Hitchhiker?



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 28, 2019, 04:58 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

HBO had a show called the Hitcher or the Hitchhiker?

Nah, I've never had HBO. And until last year I hadn't ever had a premium channel. Would have been something on network, basic cable or syndication back in those days. But that was 25-30 years ago, so my memories could be fuzzy.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 28, 2019, 11:53 PM

A Discovery of Whitches is a very promising adaptation of Romeo & Juliet thus far.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2019, 09:51 PM

Cobra Kai season 2. Nuff said.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 30, 2019, 09:57 PM

Santa Clarita Diet was canceled.

Which is a shame. Dupree turned me on to it and it's hilarious.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 30, 2019, 09:57 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

Kobra Kai season 2. Nuff said.

Is it really that good? I keep hearing that's it's a must watch, but I just find it hard to believe it's worth my time.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2019, 09:59 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Is it really that good? I keep hearing that's it's a must watch, but I just find it hard to believe it's worth my time.

If you’ve already talked yourself out of the show then don’t watch it.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2019, 11:20 PM

PS: yes, Cobra Kai is worth it. 4 hours very well spent. The combination of great show + nostalgia = home run. I gave it a 9 on IMdB.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2019, 11:31 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Santa Clarita Diet was canceled.

Which is a shame. Dupree turned me on to it and it's hilarious.

...and it was set up for season 4 to be the best yet. Netflix renewed it after season 1 did they not? Renewed it after season 2 did they not? So what the hell happened since then despite the viewers being as loyal and as addicted as ever? Netflix had to know that the cancellation was possible prior to even filming S3, so why the did they end the show on a goddam cliffhanger?!

What pisses me off the most is that they had no qualms about pushing seasons 6 & 7 of a dying OITNB on us, yet they can’t give us beyond 15 total hrs of SCD, which is basically like 1 full season of OITNB.