1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Uniforms: It's Time For a Change

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Oct 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I was thinking that since it's almost a guarantee that in 2012 The Miami Dolphins will be introducing a new Head Coach, a New GM (GOD PLEASE!) and an entirely new staff as well as players, and schemes that we should do away with the current uniforms and breath a fresh breath of AIR into this franchise.

Everytime I see that uniform now I recall all the failures this team has had since Shula left. Everyone around my town just snickers when I wear it outside. This proud franchise is now know as one of the worst teams ever. We have been bottom dwellers and half assers for years now and I'm sick of it. I'm not 100% sold on Cowher coming in and fixing things as well.

I like him alot but in all his time with the perfect storm of players and ownership he won ONE Superbowl and has a losing record against the Pats. I don't want to go down that road in this thread but I do want to know if anyone else would support a fresh start and just allowing everyone to burn their jerseys and begin a new era for this once Mighty Franchise.. Someone needs to put that ailing wolf to sleep once and for AL!!

MAFishFan and Aquafin like this.
  2. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I agree. I heard Ross brought in some new celebrity owners.. Batman and Robin now own 2% of the Dolphins and have agreed to change our logo from Dolphins to birds, since there are a lot of birds in Miami.

The Miami Robins. With their new uniform:

[​IMG]

Pandarilla and MikeHoncho like this.
  3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    ****. Really? It's not even the offseason. I mean, sure, somebody has to bring this up every offseason, but Jesus Christ, were not even halfway there yet. We will not be getting new unis. With Nike taking over next year we MAY see a tweak, and that is extremely doubtful. Just stop it.

Just as might create a thread talking bout how madden '13 ripped off the Dolphins.

4. HugeFinFan

HugeFinFan Woopsy Daisy!

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
  5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Only our fanbase.

6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i dont mind the uniform talk. people can discuss what they would change...maybe some photoshop stuff. its fun.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  7. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i like a lot of those. the fins one isn't awful. i would like to see the coral/orange highlighted a bit more

i think our unis look a bit outdated. they are neither retro nor contemporary, imo. i think the first thing that needs to be changed are the away pants. at least get the shine off of them

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  8. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    knock the smack talk. if you don't have anything constructive to say about the topic, don't post in here

9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i wouldn't mind going to back to the retro scheme with a few modern updates. i was never crazy about the shadowing under the numbers and letters

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Those Nike ones are fugly...

1. The logo must stay the same. It's classic. That new one is trashy looking.

2. Orange should be our primary. Much more ascetically pleasing.

3. I like Baltimore's. Switch the colors around and i'd like to see what they look like. Raiders are cool too.

11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i just think they are interesting concepts. i didnt like the Bills one either. I actually like the Bills unis since they went to the white helmet, etc

i agree on orange. i think we just get rid of the blue in our logos. someone a while ago suggested that we incorporate some grey into the unis since dolphins are grey lol. not a bad idea imo

Aquafin and Clark Kent like this.
  12. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i like them too, though there isnt a lot of color in them

13. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    There are some that think a change of uniform can have a psychological effect on a team. I recall when Parcells took over as head coach of the Jets one of the first things he did was to go back to the throwback uniforms, as he thought that was truly representative of what the Jets are.

I'd agree that this team could use a uniform change for similar reasons. While I certainly don't dislike the jerseys we have, they now seem representative of an era of failure. A time where we have drifted far from what made this franchise one of the keynote franchises in the NFL.

Unless they've already put the machinations into place however, you probably won't see a uniform change until 2013. The NFL requires about a year's notice if you intend on making substantial changes to your uniform design.

maynard likes this.
  14. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I actually really like the Raiders one in that link. And I usually detest the uni change threads that go on in here...but the original poster is on to something. If we are wiping the slate clean and starting completely over...might as well do it with the unis too. I mean, we have a fairly new owner, the stadium is going back to a football stadium only here in a short while whith the Marlins leaving, and obviously new coach/GM/players, etc.

But I would want a MAJOR overhaul. Add new colors. Make the navy blue a part of the color scheme, or hell, experiment with black even. Maybe get away from the Dolphin logo on the helmet too. Make it the M like the dolphin wears or whatever. I really want a radical change, similar to how the Buccaneers did when they went from the gay pirate creamsicles to their current look.

Aqua4Ever04 and djphinfan like this.
  15. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    One thing I do love are grey facemasks. Colts and Giants look good with them. I liked our Grey's when we throw on the throwbacks.

Pagan and maynard like this.
  16. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I hate to say it, but the Pats/Jets unis in that link are awesome as well.

17. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I like the Dolphins uni's in that link. It's time for a change. If not that, a monkey ****ing a football as a new logo would be fine by me as well.

18. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
  19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    823536.jpg

Iam willing to go there with the navy blue colors and the grey facemasks

vt_dolfan likes this.
  20. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    looks like the marlins are beating us to it to a degree. this supposed to be their new logo. yellow is interesting

[​IMG]

21. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Too much like Denver.

maynard likes this.
  22. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    only problem with that is you end up looking like the broncos

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    our coaches where the navy blue colors all the time, sparano usually at every presser, I absolutely love the scheme and wish we would go there, maybe the one i posted isn't the right one but you guys have seen it right?

24. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I could really careless. We could have clown outfits. If we're winning again, nothing else matters.

25. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i think they put the blue in to sell merchandise. that ought to tell them something about the current color scheme

ill be honest, the only merchandise i buy now is either orange or grey with a faded or vintage look.

the other thing too is that the aqua/marine seems like there a bunch of different shades of it

26. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    sweet...

[​IMG]

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
  28. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    thats nice Paul. i take it back what i said about them before. i much prefer the orange socks to the aqua

DJ thats not bad

djphinfan likes this.
  29. dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Central Fl
    Love 'em. Hands down the best I've seen! Very few photos of them for some reason. The new uniforms remind me of Jimmah, and we have been awful while wearing them. :pity:

http://www.life.com/sports-pictures/2804013/dolphins-v-cowboys

dolphins throwbacks 2.jpg

dolphins throwbacks 3.jpg

RevRick and maynard like this.
  30. HenneGivenSunday

HenneGivenSunday New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I wouldn't mind updated unis at all, and like some of the concepts thrown around. I'm fond of that grey idea too, wouldn't mind playing off the dolphins namesake a bit more. it would certainly work with the whole ushering in a new era idea

djphinfan and maynard like this.
  31. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Well im sorry but its my opinion that the idea sucks! The original poster listed his reason as to why and I think the uniform is rich in history, and I love seeing the uniform as it is/was...

32. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I love our unis, but I'm always open for some change if it's done right. As long as it isn't like the Maryland UnderArmour kind of change, I'd love to see what is possible!

Paul 13 likes this.
  33. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Shadow Numbers are the worst.

gamblerx and PhinGeneral like this.
  34. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    you dont want a change and you said why. that is constructive. no problem here. :up:

Ozzy likes this.
  35. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I would not mind an alternate but the logo imo has to stay...

maynard likes this.
  36. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The only thing wrong with the throwback jerseys is the shading on the numbers on the shoulders... orange shading, hard to tell the number of the player. But those socks are bad ***...

maynard likes this.
  37. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Not only NO! But #$##$#&*(^@#%% (Insert proper United States Navy colorful metaphors and exclamations!) $#@#++)*^%$##$$#@@ NO!!!

38. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Hey, Maynard!

The guy began the thread with smack to us who thing the whole idea sucks.. So why are you only supporting one side's smack???

The proper idea for this thread is to stick it as far as I'm concerned!

39. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    What is the fascination with the UNI's? I could care less what the team is wearing.