1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "Zodiac" suspect identified

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Uncle Rico, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I saw this yesterday. I am borderline obsessed with the Zodiac Killer and the entire case. The fact that they may have finally cracked this thing wide open is big news for me and my family.

2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I thought for sure it was Arthur Leigh Allen, wow. Thanks for the link. :up:

3. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    How's that movie "Zodiac"? Any good? I know it's based on the killings..I think.

4. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Wow, I've been following the stories of the Zodiac since I was a kid. Honestly, I didn't think they'd ever figure out who he was. It truly amazes me. It seems that any time a serial killer, rapist, etc... gets caught, they are turned in by a family member. Remember the unibomber, turned in by his brother. Now, the zodiac killer is turned in, supposedly, by his step-son. My only wish is that he had been figured out sooner, so he could have been prosecuted for his crimes. Can you imagine the media circus that trial would have been, and the number of officers it would have taken to protect him? Time will tell if this is true or not...

5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    why your whole family if you don't mind me asking?

6. Samphin

I am from the area and as are my mom, dad, aunts, uncles and cousins. The Zodiac killer goes beyond just the crimes, in my opinion, that are attirbuted to him. Shortly after the Zodiac disappeared, a rash of violent murders that were very similar in nature ot the Zodiac started happening in and around Santa Rosa (about 40 miles north of San Francisco). That is where my mother was from and that is where victims that she knew, was found.

Kind of an odd coincidence but a dear friend of mine was in the latest Zodiac movie. I went to see it with my mother in support of him, and wound up having to wrench my mother's hand off of mine as she relived the same fear from her past.

I was absolutely stunned as to how much this guy affected her.

7. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    ah im sorry bro..i thought it could be something like that since you live in the area. but i was hoping that wasnt the case

8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Looks like this guy has a ton of evidence.

Even if it somehow isn't him, this Tarrance guy was a sick ****.

9. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Wonder if it's fake so this guy can try to bring some fame to his family? We'll find out soon enough. I kind of like the mystery of the Zodiac, so part of me doesnt want to know.

A bit long, but very good.

10. Samphin

There are actually two movies released around the same time. One is based off of Robert Graysmith's book (The Jake Gyllenhal, big budget Hollywood movie) and the other is based on the Vallejo police department and it stars Kieran Culkin as a couple of other middle of the road names in Hollywood (This is the one my friend was in, he played the stabbing victim at Lake Berryessa).

Both are excellent movies in my opinion.

11. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I've seen both, and agree both are very good. I like the Gyllenhal one more though. It was probably one of my favorite movies of last year actually.

Samphin likes this.
  12. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

Well if it isnt him, wouldnt that make this STEP-SON the real Sick **** here?

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    This is the only one I have seen, but I thought it was great.

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    That knife that "may or may not have been used for a BBQ" is a huge factor IMO...if it turns out too match any of the victims you got your man, if not I would start to be more concerned about the step-son and his abstruction case. Although that taped phone call was odd you still never know what some people will do to make a buck.

So to me it comes down to the knife.

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Damn, its been ahell of a long time but I hope they do find him

16. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    It's been awhile since I've seen it but at the end of the Gyllenhal Zodiac movie didn't one of the victims that survived ID Allen as the attacker? and if so why didn't that enter as evidence?

17. Samphin

Allen was innocent. in 2002 they cross referenced his DNA with the Zodiac's and found that they did not match. Unless of course, you believe the theory that there was more than one person involved as the Zodiac Killer...

18. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I don't understand how they knew for sure that they had the actual Zodiac's DNA. He was obviously a smart man, even given the era. This of course if you're referring to the stamp DNA collected.

19. Samphin

The stamps he used to send his letters had human DNA on them. Was it his? Probably actually. I haven't done enough research to know how much information was around bduring that time in regards to DNA evidence and saliva that the Zodiac Killer could have been privvy too. Chances are, he was not.

But, that doesn't mean that the person who did the killings was the person who wrote the letters. I suppose the best way to know for sure would be to look at the results from the letters vs. the handwriting on the car at Lake Berryessa. Again, not sure if they ever ran that analysis or not. I would have to assume they did.

Another persistant thought process is/was that the killer was writing with his other hand. So if they even had the right person in custody, if they got analysis form their right hand, when they were writing the letters with their left, it wouldn't match.

The whole case is a head scratcher. And to think, it could have ended in San Francisco with the cab driver, but the report came in that the suspect was black instead of white. The cops actually stopped the killer to ask if he had seen a black man anywhere nearby. By the time the error was corrected, the man was gone and the police were left looking foolish.

HardKoreXXX and Phinperor like this.
  20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    I also thought they compared palm prints from the letters and they did not match Allens.

21. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    This was posted on another site...and some "Zodiac" geeks said that the guy in question is a kook.

just throwing that out there.

Samphin likes this.
  22. calphin

time will tell.

23. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    I really hope this information is accurate and not just a publicity stunt to get some type of fame or money. Alot of people need closure in cases like these and hopefully they can get some with this new evidence.

24. Samphin

Its possible. The FBI felt compelled enough to look into everything. Considering that the victim's families are still alive, if this guy turns out to be perpetrating a delibrate hoax, I hope he gets locked away for a very long time.

My suspicions are that he probably had some small circumstantial/anecdotal evidence about his step father, let if fester and perhaps, started planting things in and around his own house to make it look even worse. I think the fact that he gives himself an out with the knife (claiming it could be an old BBQ knife) is a possible tell on his part.

But, I am glad the FBI is looking into it. If the blood on the knife matches any of the victims, it will pretty much be a lock that this man's stepfather was involved, if not the sole killer.

25. calphin

If thats the case, they should not only lock him up but send his *** a bill for all the hours they put into it.

26. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Yea, this is something serious, people were killed and families were effected, definately not time for some dumb Bigfoot-like hoaxes.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008