1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News on Booker, Martin and Hagen.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by daltoninnm, Dec 12, 2007.

1. daltoninnm

daltoninnm New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I thought you guys might find these nuggets interesting if you havent seen them already.

Dolphins Looking for TE Upgrade --
    Wed Dec 12, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com
    The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins thought TE David Martin would be more of a downfield threat than TE Randy McMichael, but Martin's 6.9 average on 28 receptions ranks among the NFL's lowest for tight ends, and less than McMichael's 11.8 average with St. Louis. And Martin, 28, has had costly pass protection breakdowns. Though Martin is cheap (due $730,000 in 2008), the Dolphins likely will try to upgrade.

-- Dolphins Expected to Release Marty Booker --
    The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to release WR Marty Booker in the offseason.

-- Questions Remain about Hagan --
    The Miami Herald reports there is an issue as to whether WR Derek Hagan will develop into a starter -- something the Dolphins envisioned when they traded WR Chris Chambers. He had his best game Sunday (8 catches, 93 yards) but also has 11 career drops. Said ex-Dolphins WR O.J. McDuffie: "I see a lot of inconsistency. He runs routes well and has good size, but I want him to catch it with his hands more."

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So, OJ, are you up for going to practices and showing him what to do?

3. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

you know, when i read that, i thought the same thing.

4. Hugo Guzman

Hugo Guzman New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Dude, I wrote about Hagan not being starting material on Tuesday:
    http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20562.html

Now the Herald writes about it on Wednesday?

Coincidence? I think not!

In all seriousness, though, I don't think that Hagan is a starter. A nice No. 3? Maybe.

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I really liked Hagan when he was drafted, and I thought he would explode this year, but... he's just not getting it done at a time when there's been a gaping hole in the WR priority list with Chambers traded and Booker on his way out. Hagan should have stepped up, but literally dropped the ball instead.

We need a stud TE more than ever now.

6. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    D. J. Hall would be nice to have, or like you said a stud TE. he could control the middle and help take some pressure off the wideouts. Ronnie would be helped too, especially in the passing game.

If this guy comes out early I'd love to have him: Travis Beckum - yeah he is a little undersized to be an inline blocker. BUT, imagine if we used him in the slot like the Colts do Clark. Mismatch anyone...........all day long on either LB, or CB etc.

7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    If not Fred Davis or Martin Rucker.

late round prospect: - Shwan Nelson.

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    A great tight end is more important in Cameron's offense than a good wide receiver. Cam did just fine in San Diego with mediocre WRs and an all-pro tight end. Fred Davis would give the offense far more spark and versatility than DJ Hall, though I wouldn't mind DJ Hall on the roster.

9. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Hagan has been way too inconsistent, and it has hunted him since his senior bowl. The kid was a great college reciever and broke several records, the talent is obviously there. Now, we cant rely on him for next do to his inconsistency. I still feel like we must sign a WR threw FA and try to draft Jason Rivers from Hawaii in the later rounds.....

I totally agree with drafting a TE with possibly one of our 2nd round picks or our 3rdpick. A young QBs best friend is a TE and we defitnetly need one who is a playmaker and a good blocker. The problem with Randy was he was so inconsistent and sometimes drop the easy passes, now David Martin just plain sucks. So, we have huge need at TE. One of the reasons for aquiring a TE besides not having a solid player at the position, is that John Beck will start next year. Rumors are also growing of Miami drafting another rookie QB somewhere in the draft and a rookie QBs bestfriend is a TE.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  10. zach8111

zach8111 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    i agree almost 100%. nice post. even then we should draft a TE like Davis, i like i alot. then we should go after a FA WR like berian, crayton, bryant johnson...this year we have to be more active in FA to fill wholes

11. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Berrian or Crayton would be awesome for our team. My pick is Berrian, I can just imagine what mismatches him and Ginn could cause together.

12. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I see it this way...Ginn remind me more of a Possesion guy now ad ays for some odd reason then a deep threat taht we wanted. Either way, he does both well as we saw the catch last week for 55 yards, he was double teamed n the S nd the CB assumed he was goin to run a fly but he ran a diagnal route which gave him that 5 yard cushion to juke n dance once he got the ball but he got tackled by a hand on the last juuke to free him for a TD. now u put Berrian in the mix n i doubt u got dou ble teams like that n its a sure fire TD had the other DB not been there. I like that idea along with Davis at TE which is a Clark/Gates type of guy if not a Davis from SF type. freak at the TE spot...how does he block tho? neone know?

13. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Hagan seems to do everything right other than catch the ball/ I agree that if McDuffie was up for it, bring him in and let him coach him up. Almost how the Lakers have Kareem on staff specifically for Andrew Bynum.

If Roy Williams, Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth hit the market though, I think trying to nab any of them might be worth the money.

14. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    without a real QB we haven't seen a thing, he will be the deep guy someday