1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL.COM Fins predictions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Sep 2, 2009.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    DOLPHAN1, SICK, Larryfinfan and 12 others like this.
  2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Prediction: 7-9, fourth in AFC East

So everyone in our division is going to have more than 7 wins... What a joke.

3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I enjoyed the Top 5 Breakout Players of the AFC East video on there...

Makes a good case for all five.

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

There is no way the Pats win this division.

1) The last of their vaunted defense left with Bruschi. Their Defensive ranking has been steadily slipping over the past years from 7th or 8th to mid-teens to high-teens. This year their defense slides into the 20th range. You do not replace Samuels, Harrison, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Mike Vrabel and the like with players like Deltha O'Neal, Merriweather and every linebacker they have. The ONLY new defensive talent they have found who is really good, imo, is Jerod Mayo. You lose all your best Defensive vets and only pick up one new talent... it's not enough.

2) Brady will never make it through this year intact. Even if he plays through injuries, he will get beat to hell this year. Not only wiull the offense by under pressure to score lots (due to a worse defense), but Brady's body is shoing the wear and tear. Last year was a knee, this year he has alrady had a shoulder problem. If he stands back there in a spread, he'll get whacked lots. Teams in the AFC and especially the AFC East are now DESIGNED to be a good match for the Patrtiots. THe Giants taught the league to pressure Brady heavily with pass rushers... well, Miami has Porter and JT and Cam Wake now. Trust me, game planning the Pats will include rushing Brady LOTS nowadays.

3) Another reason I honestly believe the Pats will not win another Superbowl is that I think that deep down Brady lose some of his emotional advantage after that Superbowl cheating scandal leading to the Giants upset of them. Not only does he know, deep down, that they didn;t earn some of those rings fairly (imo), but I believe the sting of losing to the Giants the way they did took some of his 'invincibility' mojo away from him. I just don;t think he has the ego and arrogance to believe they WILL win the Superbowl anymore. Regardless of what he says or tries to convince himself to believe.

So, the last one is pure conjecture, but I believe it.

For the record, I don;t know if the Dolphins will winb the AFC East. I just know the Pats WON'T.

[EDIT - Now they have given up Seymour too. I think Belichick sees the writing on the wall for this defense and decided to cash in his remaining Defensive chips for future building blocks while he still could. A shame, as I wanted the pats dynasty to crumble with age and retirements/Free Agent losses. Either way, Seymour's departure hurts them this year. The Pats do NOT win this division.]

Phinz420, DOLPHAN1, Trowa and 6 others like this.
  5. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    7 wins was 4th in our division last year

Trowa, NJFINSFAN1 and opfinistic like this.
  6. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    VERY BOLD STATEMENT! I believe its gonna be a dogfight till we play the last phats game!MY question is if its not us then who could possibly run with New England? It's Miami winning the division or the Patsys IMO

Most things will be shored up by week 13 for us and we have 3 games left, 2 at home in the end.

This season is gonna be tough, i have my Zantac and medical card handy!

Bpk likes this.
  7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    WE taught the nfl how to beat them.. with seriously inferior talent we took one away from them almost every year, and it was JT's pressure that did it. The Giants simply had the roster talent to do it when it counted..

just my opinion:wink2:

Phinz420, DOLPHAN1, Trowa and 9 others like this.
  8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY

I pray that you are right! :up: :hi5:

Bpk likes this.
  9. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The game plan against every team is to get heavy pressure on the QB. The Giants had the best pass rush in the NFL and that is why they beat the Patriots.

There is no chance in hell that Brady feels like he didn't earn those rings. The whole videotape "scandal" was because the Patriots videotaped stuff from their sidelines instead of from the stands, which you are allowed to do. Those videotapes had nothing to do them winning superbowls and it is ridiculous to say otherwise.

10. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Last year the division overall had a much easier schedule. Not saying it won't happen just saying this year the odds are a little less that it does.

11. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Yeah when i saw that i just shook my head. I highly doubt that will be the situation. If we go 7-9 i think we'll finish 3rd.

12. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The worst prediction I have seen for the Phins in magazines I have read is 7-9.....most of them have us at 8-8 or 9-7. They all seem to have the Pats at 13-3 or 12-4. It's time for Miami to step up and show everyone that we are still the defending AFC East champs. Peter King and everyone else can slurp the Brady sausage.

13. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So you honestly believe the Pats did nothing to steal other teams signals and their Superbowls wins are totally legit? If it wasn't such a big deal why did the Pats get fined or lose a 1st round draft pick? Strange how a Dolphin's fan would view this situation this way.

14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    got to play the game & beat them senseless into the new reality

for those unfortunates
    playing us twice in the same season
    there will be nothing but more brutality & relentless punishment
    @ home or on the road

let there be blood :yes: action speaks louder than words

15. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you and that was the reason why.

16. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I view it without bias because I find it embarassing when Dolphin fans talk like this. The rule is that you can tape the signals but not from the sidelines. You can tape from the stands, the box anywhere else. That is the only rule they broke. If you think that that is how they won the superbowl well then I don't know what to say. Herm Edwards even saw them taping and just smile and waved because it didn't mean anything.

The Pats lost a first rounder because they had been told before not to break that rule and they did it anyways. Then everything got into the media and got out of hand so Goodell had to do something. Multiple NFL people on tv and the radio repeatedly said that this was not a big deal. Saying otherwise just makes us seem like sore losers.

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Sean Smith = Beast.

18. Bpk

After seeing Sanchez tonight I wouldn;t count the Jets out of the equation.

siciliansith likes this.
  19. Bpk

Teams are built and designed long before game-plan day.

Part of us needing two big pjhysicval corners from this draft is being in a division with Moss and Owens. It won't just be luck that we have the right talent to strategically counter them on gameday.

Similarly, teams used to blitz Brady and he would KILL them because he is so good at hitting the right receivers. The Giants resoundingly proved that if your front guys are good enough, you don;t have to blitz DBs.

So when I look at us getting Wake and JT and having Porter, part of it is knowing that having pass rushers in that front seven is critical to pressuring Brady without excessive blitzing (see failure of Jim Johnson's blitzing Eagles D to beat Pats in Superbowl).

We'll probably send 4 guys, 3 down linemen and 1 of the LBs to pressure Brady,. The beauty of a 3-4 is that he won;t know which LB is coming, JT or Porter sometimes. I expect Wake to eventually work in as a down lineman in pass rush. If we go four-down on passing downs I don;t expect much blitzing beyond the four guys. Probably Porter and JT or Wake at the DE spots in that case with Starks and Merling.Langford or McDaniels inside.

And, by the way, there is nothing 'ridiculous' in stating an opinion. I didn;t say elephants are flying outside my window. I won;t reply other than that as I don;t like your tone.

20. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I dont think the Jests win it, and it has nothing to do with Dirty Sanchez.

I think that Ryan eats half his team before the season is over, and they just wont have enough players to field a team......:tongue2:

I agree, the Pats are NOT going to win this Division. I think they win perhaps 5 of first 8 games, and still dont win the Division :wink2:

Bpk likes this.
  21. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i dont go by predictions because, well how many predicted us to win 3 games last year, let alone 11, and win the division

Bpk likes this.
  22. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I agree looks alright! But really how many first yr coaches with first yr talent make it big?

In the future Sanchez could be a terror but hey so is Brady,Moss, TO Mr. Bellicheat etc..... the AFC east is the beast! We will win by out coaching the others IMHO! GO PHINS!

Bpk likes this.
  23. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    could have one incredible year. the SuperBowl is the limit
    if
    we fix Special teams & the Orca-5 play to potential

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    He threw five passes. I'm sorry but everyone is blowing his performance so far out of the water it isn't even funny.