1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Draft Dog top 100 prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Dec 5, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2010-nfl-draft/top-100-prospects.html

Did not realize Jahvid Best was 193.

This is the third or fourth "top 100" type list I've seen for Draft 2010 and a couple of things stand out

1. Poor Wr class
    2. One of the deeper OLB/DE classes I've noticed in the last couple of years
    3. Decent Qb class
    4. Poor Cornerback class, I'm glad we are not Cb shopping this time around.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't like including so many juniors in all of these lists. People are unwittingly contributing to what could be a mass exodus of juniors for literally NO reason.

Everyone is scared of the rookie wage scale boogeyman. I really, really don't think, for equity purposes, that Roger Goodell OR the Players Union will pull the trigger on laying an immediate godsmack on rookie wages. MUCH more likely, they will engage in some sort of gradual reduction in rookie wages which may even end up breaking down into a freeze on the yearly increase we see in rookie wages. Freezing rookie wages where they were let's say two years ago, would be equitable, and it would ensure that gradually from year to year as NFL revenues and salaries go up, rookies become a smaller slice of the pie. That, IMO, is the most likely outcome.

So basically you're going to have all of these juniors coming out, going in the second round all the way down to the fourth round, and getting a little bit of money where they could stay in school and get more money even under a rookie wage scale.

The decision to come out instead of going back to school because of the pending wage scale should REALLY only apply to like four or five players.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Imho the Rookie wage scale, when it eventually comes into being, will whack the rookies fairly heavily, the Veteran NFLPA members have no reason not to try and capture some of the revenues that are currently going to players who A) cannot vote in NFLPA matters B) are not vested into the pension fund.

Basically it is in the Vets interests to negotiate away rookies future salaries while enriching themselves, or so they may think, chances are good Ownership will just pocket the savings but greed can be more powerful than fear.

The plus side is, for the Dolphins this Draft is similar to 1989 (and 1990?) when Sophomores could claim hardship and declare for the draft, there is just a ton of OLB/DE talent this year.