1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL draft grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Conuficus and anlgp like this.
  2. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    We did good but look at what Seattle accomplished

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

Yeah, Seattle did very well. Some people are knocking the Bills draft, but I think that they did well and I'm not looking forward to facing Spiller twice a year. Torrell Troup, Alex Carrington- not too shabby. Marcus Easley could surprise, and Calloway and Wang are promising on the OL. I have a sneaking suspiscion that they might have gotten a steal and QB of the future in Levi Brown.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Buffalo missed on the 2 most important positions, QB and LT. Im unconvinced that Troup will be able to step in and be an above average starter. Passing on Bulaga and Davis once, Clausen twice and McCoy thrice will bite them in the *** in the long run.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Levi Brown has some talent to work with IMO.

6. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    In my opinion Spiller is a special talent. As to LT, I would have taken a hard look at Bulaga if I were them, but we'll see how Calloway and Wang do. As to Claussen- most bought the party line about how wonderful a Quarterback he is- and yet the dude went #48. What does that tell you? I'm just not a fan. McCoy slipped even further. I just don't like Claussen as a QB and probably never will. I kind of like McCoy and there's something about Levi Brown- accuracy, size, compact delivery, demeanor- that makes me think that he could pan out. It's just an opinion, it's not like I've sat down and watched a bunch of Troy football games. Something just tells me that I won't be shocked if Brown ends up having a better career than Claussen or McCoy.

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    If Levi Brown has a better pro career than Jimmy Clausen then I would be stunned.

Spiller has talent, but we will see how often he can make use of it. In the NFL players as a whole are much faster and bigger. For a guy thats had lots of naggling injuries, it doesnt bode well. But IMO when your biggest needs are LT and QB then you do more to address them than the bills. If they win 5 games then they should be considered blessed from the heavens.

8. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    As stunned as you and most others are that Claussen went #48? That Jimmy Claussen? The Jimmy Claussen that Buffalo, Minnesota and Cleveland all passed on twice? Well here's a news flash- Claussen will probably end up being somewhere from ok to suck. Decent arm, subpar athletic ability, pretty good accuracy, crappy intangibles. McCoy I like a lot better.

The easiest thing in the world was for wannabe talent evaluators to praise Claussen and dump on Tebow, and dump on anyone who saw value in Tebow, spouting nonsense about a switch to h-back, TE, whatever. What a joke. And at the end of the day at least one team TRADED UP TO #25 to take Tebow, no one even sniffed Claussen in the 1st rd. I never really had a problem with Mel Kiper before, but add him to the list- after touting Claussen to such an extent and dumping on Tebow he was subtly ridiculed on ESPN by the real pros like Gruden and Steve Young. Dude had his tail between his legs all draft. I like Kiper, but he's down a notch or two in my book from this point forward. His game lacks, showed big holes this year. I would have LOVED to have seen what Joel Buschsbaum would have written this year about Tebow as a draft prospect, God rest his soul. The NFL draft could use a man like Joel these days.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Jim your not the only one who's on the record for having Tebow goin in the first, and Claussen droppin out of it...
    I give you props for the call's

jim1 likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Claussen will make teams pay for passing on him, IMO.

texanphinatic likes this.
  11. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I actually like Tebow as well. But imo it wont suprise me at all to see Clausen end up as the best QB to come out of this draft.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I dissagree Raffie...

The player releases the ball at a 6 foot level...and he aint Drew Brees.

13. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I just can't see him failing. He has a great line to protect him, a great running game to lean on, and Steve Smith.

14. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I just don't see much that is special in Clausen. I think he'll be in the NFL for a long time, but never be the guy. I do think he's in a good situation and that he was good value where he was taken, but I never saw him as a 1st round prospect.

15. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Well, I can't judge. I'm not much of a talent evaluator. But I know if you surround a QB with good pieces, he can have success. Give Claussen time on the bench to soak it all in, and he can be a nice QB for Carolina.