1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Draft Guide Magazines

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Apr 1, 2009.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Which one do you all buy and which one is considered the best?

Normally, I buy 2 or 3 a year but this year my budgets a little bit tighter and I just can't justify spending like $21.00 on draft magazines when I can get a bunch of free information on-line and here :up:. That being said I still want to buy one.

I have bought The Sporting News' Draft Guide for as long as I can remember (at least 6 or 7 years straight). They used to be my favorite magazine hands down, but this last year I was Very, Very disappointed in it. If I recall correctly TSN bought another Magazine company and they collaborated on the draft guide. Here is some stuff from last years guide:
    *Listed Brian Brohm as the best QB. :lol:
    *Chad Henne rated 7th best QB (behind the likes of Colt Brennen, Erick Ainge, and John David Booty) :pointlol:
    * Rated Early Doucet as the Best WR and projected 7 WR's to go in round 1. :pity:
    * Had Jake Long as a 2nd round prospect :angry:

Thats Just what I noticed skimming through it real fast. This magazine was awful.

Another one I always buy is Pro Football Weekly's Draft Guide because it is almost always the first magazine to hit the shelves. I love the fact that this magazine provides the actual college statistics of the prospects. I always feel this magazine is a notch below though because the pages are not laminated. Looking back on this magazine I think it was far superior to The Sporting News'.

Anyone else have a favorite Draft Magazine or want to recommend one?

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

My favorite off the news stand would be Lindy's, which I think is affiliated with nfldraftscout.com
    But IMO the best of all is PFW's digest sized book, not the magazine. Ourlads draft guide is pretty interesting too. The best ones are seldom found on the news stand

UCF FINatic likes this.
  3. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I second the PFW Digest..

UCF FINatic likes this.
  4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Dont worry about a magazine. It changs daily and you get better up to date info from computer or phone

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sort of, what Draft Magazines are good for is not the upcoming draft, it's next year's players to watch, I used to buy Don Heinrich's pro preview just for the prospects to watch during College Football season.

In 1994 their top prospect was the then unheard of Marshal Faulk..that was BC though..Before Cable..:lol:

I buy Street and Smith's Guide when I can find it.

6. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Lindys is definitely a must have for me. If I cant get to the computer to check NFLDS, I usually just read that. The PFW draft guide this year is terrible imo. I was able to get wholesale really cheap for like 3 bucks at sams club but I wouldnt really recommend it anyways. The subscription to NFLDS is definitely worth the money along with the club subscription here. Great, great information well worth the money.

7. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    don't get the sporting news its terrible. i like pfws because it has some stats for the players. lindy's is really good because nfl draftscout is their source. here is a great site that you can print off and read its being updated dailyhttp://www.universaldraft.com/Position_Rankings.html. www.draftguys.com is really good with the videos they show draftguys tv.prospect rankings are here from draftscouthttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings.i hope there is enough here to keep you busy for awhile:yes:

UCF FINatic likes this.
  8. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009