1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL draft moved to May

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finyank13, May 28, 2013.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It is official.

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    boooooooooooooooo

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I saw a great point brought up by one of the NFL's owners who didn't like the move. He said that it shows a lack of respect for the scouts and front office people. Those two weeks aren't going to result in them knowing any more about the players in the Draft or being any more accurate, yet now those scouts are going to have spend two more weeks with their teams during draft prep. All it does is cut down on their annual 'down time' (the period after the Draft and before they have to start up their team meetings to set the groundwork for the next year's Draft). The owner said sarcastically yeah I'm sure their families will really appreciate that.

ToddPhin likes this.
  4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I wonder if there is a chance for draft burnout.

Two more weeks adds two more weeks of useless information and no news.

finyank13 likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If anything I would think the NFL would want to move it earlier because as things stand the Draft was already starting to compete with the beginning of the NBA Playoffs. Now it's going to compete with the middle of the NBA Playoffs.

This year I think the Draft competed with Games 3 and 4 of the first round of NBA Playoffs. Seems like a more serious move if you're competing with Games 2 and 3 of the Conference Semi-Finals. Some folks only get serious about the NBA come playoff time, and not necessarily the first round of playoffs.

And you can tell they wanted to move it even later than May 8th to 10th. I originally heard one week later than that. That would mean competing with the end of the Conference Semi-Finals and the beginning of the Conference Finals.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I heard it had something to do with tv ratings and sweeps being in May ?

7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    This is like moving Christmas into January. Bah humbug.