1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL in 2011

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by anlgp, Mar 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

PMZQ, Frumundah Finnatic and gafinfan like this.
  2. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Thanks anlgp, thats a great read and eye opener!:up: The owners aren't stupid, they didn't get to be billionaires without alot of guts and forethought. My belief is that they will push their advantage as far as they can go with it including no season in 2011.:no:

anlgp likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

That's what I'm hoping for. I would hate to see a work strike in the sport because that'll just piss me off.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The NFL is just so popular and huge these days that I cannot even fathom a work stoppage. I just don't see anyone letting that happen. I guess we'll see though.

Pizza Boy likes this.
  5. Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy Member

May 7, 2008
    Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Agreed, the game has become larger than life, a work stoppage for them would be like a power company having a work stoppage.

PMZQ likes this.
  6. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    If the players strike, in this economy (and by 2011 there is no way we are in a full recovery, not with a recession as deep as this one) it could turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes ever by an organized labor union. It would be one of the biggest public-relations disasters in history. Think of it......millionaires striking while many folks are homeless and just barely surviving. They would become the targets of humiliating ridicule and disdain, with many people becoming turned off from the sport for good, just as has happened in baseball. I know folks that haven't watched a baseball game since the last strike in 1994.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Thats why Im against an eighteen game schedule, anymore excuses for these guys to drive up the prices is going to make negotiaitions harder.

I know 2 more games will generate billions league wide but I just dont see the players ONLY wanting a pecentage increase in pay relative to 2 more games.....they will push the envelope.

Hope Im wrong because I couldnt live without the NFL!!! I would have to do some housework or something to that nature.