1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Replay - Today 9/24 at 2pm NFLN

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shaunm000, Sep 24, 2013.

1. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Hey Guys!

Just a heads up in case you didnt already know!

They will be airing our comeback win against Atlanta today on the NFLN at 2pm est.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Any one notice every time they went to a break it was like "when we get back see how the Dolphins screwed up again"?

3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Thanks for the heads up on this.
    Finally got to see the game.

I saw all the people say we got dominated but still pulled out the win and oh how true that is.
    Shocked we won that game.

Both lines of scrimmage got handled.
    Tannehill took way too long trying to read the field and his lack of pocket presence people mentioned is spot on.
    Carroll got simply abused. He's our new version of Jerry Wilson the guy who got thrown at constantly which allowed teams to completely negate the presence of Surtain and Madison in our secondary back in the day.
    Tackling was horrendous.... I mean HORRENDOUS.
    Pass rush non existant.

That ST turnover was huge along with the Coons inability to punch it in withing the Red Zone.

A lot of weaknesses exposed for the Saints to concentrate on.
    Expect to see a bunch of blitzes and Carroll better be limbered up because it won't matter who is matched up on him Brees is going there all game.

I don't see us winning the Saints game in any way. Especially with Wake out.
    Just my 2 cents.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I think people are being too hard on Carroll. I am not saying he is an awesome player or he did a great job against Jones. I will say he did a decent job and a good enough job where Jones didn't do too much damage. Prior to this game quarterbacks had a 34 quarterback rating throwing at him. I don't think the Falcons game increased it by that much.

I don't think he is a starting caliber cornerback, however as a back up he is doing a pretty good job.

smahtaz likes this.
  5. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    I agree; I don't expect a backup corner to do amazingly well against a top 5 nfl wide receiver. That's just expecting way too much.

smahtaz likes this.
  6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Too hard on him?
    The Falcons were clearly singling him out and preying on him.
    For good reason too, it was working and working easily.
    I brought up Jerry Wilson because that is exactly who he reminded me of in this game.
    Teams used to move their WR's around to get them matched up on him and knew it would be a gimme.

Carroll was exposed this game.
    Just wait and see what Brees does on him.
    I"m telling you now it's not going to be pretty.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    And he didn't let up any huge plays and made the tackle. Which is much more than I could say about Jerry "OOps there goes another long touchdown" Wilson.

And they made sure Jones was on Carroll instead of Grimes, which is a good tactic. I don't expect Carroll to be as good as Grimes, because he isn't.

Looking at advanced stats Carroll is the 18th best corner in the league right now. That isn't exactly doing terrible.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=CB

Jones was the only receiver to "abuse" him and Carroll did a better job that he is getting credit for.