1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Schedule release news

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, May 8, 2023.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I can’t believe the run the Panthers are on right now. I don’t follow the NHL very closely, but even I know what a monumental upset it was when they beat the Bruins. Almost as big an upset was the Heat beating the Bucks - Spoelstra and Butler simply do not get enough credit.
    South Florida is the underdog capital of the sports world right now.

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Why do people LOVE Doc Rivers?? He hasn't done squat in years.

3. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    Worst playoff/big game coach, maybe ever. Kinda surprised that he’s still employed, to be honest. If Williams and Budenholzer can get fired….

PS. As far as big game players go, give me Jimmy Butler and Jayson Tatum every day, and keep James Harden as far from my team as possible.

dolphin25 likes this.
  4. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    For the first time, an NFL playoff game will air exclusively on a streaming platform. The NFL and NBCUniversal have agreed to put one of this season’s playoff games exclusively on Peacock, NBC’s streaming service. The wild card playoff game will be in prime time on Saturday, January 13. The afternoon wild card game that day will air on both NBC and Peacock. NBC and Peacock will also air the wild card game in prime time the next day.

The NFL’s exclusive deal with Peacock marks a shift for the NFL and for television as a whole. There’s never been an NFL playoff game shown exclusively through streaming, and for that matter there’s never been any streaming-only American television show that draws the kind of audience that NFL playoff games draw.

NBCUniversal is reportedly paying about $110 million to the NFL for the rights to show one game on Peacock exclusively. It’s a one-year deal, but it’s safe to say that if it’s successful, it won’t be the last time a streaming platform airs an NFL playoff game, as television moves increasingly away from traditional broadcast and cable and toward streaming.

5. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    This EXCLUSIVELY pisses me off!

Football used to be shown on network television…CBS, NBC and Monday Night Football on ABC.

Then came cable television.

Television evolved to the point that laddy doddy everybody subscribed to cable and MNF jumped ship to ESPN. If you didn’t have that in your subscription package, you were SOL.

Then came Thursday Night Football, who’s bounced all over from network to NFL Network to Amazon. Again, if you didn’t have the NFL Network on your cable package you were SOL…and if you didn’t have a subscription to Amazon Prime, you were SOL

Now we’re being forced to potentially miss a playoff game if you do t have a subscription to NBC’s Peacock Streaming service. Well, I guess I’ll be missing that game.

I already have Netflix, Amazon Prome, HBOMax, Disney+ and share an account with my kids for Apple TV.

I’m not doing another one. They can kiss my buttocks…both cheeks…twice! Effing Roger Goodell!!!

6. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    TV is moving to a pay per view/subscription model. This is only the beginning. I use TryPoint to do the research on how to cut the cord for less with the use of FireStick.
    https://troypoint.com/

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  7. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    I don’t think it’s solely a Goodell move - the owners have to be involved as well. Yes, he pretty much is their figurehead, but it should come as no surprise that they would agree to pretty much anything that puts even more money in their obscenely deep pockets.

firedan likes this.
  8. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    we use ROKU