1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL willing to study benefits of medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Puka-head, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...-of-medical-marijuana/ar-AApgeaG?ocid=UE07DHP

According to The Washington Post‘s Mark Maske, the NFL has now offered to work with the NFLPA on studying the benefits of medical marijuana.

“The NFL has written to the NFL Players Association offering to work in tandem to study the potential use of marijuana as a pain management tool for players, according to people familiar with the situation,” Maske reported.

This comes on the
    heels of the NFLPA itself indicating that it might very well liberalize its approach to marijuana. It also comes at a time when multiple owners want the league to change its stance on marijuana, both from a medicinal and recreational standpoint.

ITS ABOUT FLIPPING TIME!!!!!!!

Some of you know my story and why this is an issue I'm passionate about. Some of you don't so I'll summarize. I have 9 "broken" vertebrae in my spine right now. 3 groups of 3. Top middle bottom. Look at my spine Xray and it's like the scar on Harry Potters head, kinda like a lightning bolt. Won't go in to all the details of how it got that way, but let me tell ya, it's a miracle I'm walking today.

I am in constant pain, muscle spasms and nerve tweeks and more than you want to know. Surgeons say 30% chance of relieving my ish with some very risky surgery. Spent YEARS eating Oxy Hydro, morphine and every other Gdammed thing they tried. Got so numb I was dumb de dumb dumb.

My wife is a good Catholic girl, and a school teacher, so weed was BAAADDD!!! in her universe, but the docs were giving me the opiates, so must a been OK right???

My massage therapist one day says, try some marijuana, it can help the muscle spasms. So I did. Now I hadn't smoked since high school but I tried it. I can show you video of a phenomenon called "vasiculation" looks like snakes crawling around under my skin as the nerves and muscles just go nuts, and I take two or three hits and they fade away. I can injest it in many forms and yeah, I get high, But it aint nothing like Morphine I'll say.

I don't take any pills anymore, not even a Tylenol.

I hate to think what Ricky may have been without Urinalysis. Flip Reagan and his Beach Nancy and the whole just say No and the war on drugs. So much suffering from ignorance. Makes me weep.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    the 23rd, KeyFin, firedan and 3 others like this.
  2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Glad you've been able to find some relief from your pain.

Puka-head and Finster like this.
  3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

firedan and Puka-head like this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

But not concussions. I mean, so long as we don't find anything bad about them it;s fine to 'study' them, by already knowing the results ahead of time... but to ACTUALLY study them, well, they don't want that.

The NFL Approves Pot is a headline that probably makes a lot of fans happier than NFL Concussions Proven To Kill Players

Puka-head likes this.
  5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Enough people are already putting that info out there either way.

Puka-head likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm glad for that. Just pointing out that the powers that be at NFL HQ who are behind obstructing rather than aiding CTE/Concussion research are s***heels. They get no applause from me on this.

Puka-head likes this.
  7. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I agree that the league has done a piss poor job of facing the reality of the hazards involved in the occupation of playing football. It's downright criminal how they have tried to cover up what the game does to the players. But it does seem like, however unwillingly, they are being dragged in to confronting those realities. And better late than never.

And yes, this announcement may be more celebrated by the fans than the players, but the players will be the biggest beneficiaries of a policy change regarding Marijuana. Just think of how many amazingly talented players who's Drug of Choice cost them careers. Yes I get it, I'd quit toking for a couple million a year too. But why should I have to?

Bpk likes this.
  8. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Even the Demi-Gods smoke it!!!

9. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    so would they know the difference between medical and usage? That can be abused. I don't care. Don't smoke, don't care. personally the judicial system is tied up with recreational weed also. it is money making for the courts. if it was legal, they would tax the hell out of it.

NFL is looking for ratings, they may approve this sooner than later

Puka-head likes this.
  10. Rickysabeast

Rickysabeast Royale With Cheese

Jul 26, 2016
    I'm glad they are getting there. We lost my mom in law to cancer last year. Did boatloads of reading on the medical mj benefits. You can't argue with the results. Personally, I hate the way MJ makes me feel ( I don't like getting dumber on purpose but love my alcohol). This has really only been halted by big pharma because they fear people self medicating and resolving health issues without buying prescriptions.

Puka-head likes this.
  11. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Thank You, :) I appreciate that, but I can't dwell on it much anymore. I've got beautiful girls to raise and provide for so, I gotta get up and go. Marijuana truly has been a blessing for me. And many thousands of others. The ignorance and prejudice towards a plant that grows in the the dirt is sad. The greed that went into creating and maintaining that ignorance and prejudice is downright EVIL.

12. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I would suggest finding a book called "the emperor has no clothes" By Jack Herer It tells the truth, backed up and documented, lots of sources you can check out on your own. First I'd heard about the steel industry. Until the passage of the marijuana tax act of 1933 Industrial hemp was the worlds largest cash crop. Started in the 1930's, mostly Randolph Hearst and the DuPont chemical corp had to crush the competition from hemp, so they used the evil weed to make hemp illegal. Even though they are two different plants. It is also a fabulous example of propaganda at it's finest. Nazi Germany took notes and used the techniques quite extensively. I digress and this is not the POFO so I'll stop.

Trivia question... Has it ever been illegal to NOT GROW marijuana if you had at least 1/4 acre of arable land? And if so when? And why? Let that get your education started boys and girls.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't know about the steel industry history, but as someone who works in healthcare MJ is a far better option for a huge number of chronic pain sufferers than the narcotics and opioids that many are forced to turn to. It blows my mind that we have an AG who says he can't see how making MJ legal would help. You have to have your head stuck pretty far up your *ss to ignore the opinions of the majority of doctors and health professionals. But then again this is the same idiot who said he liked the KKK until he heard they smoked pot. At least the NFL is doing something smart here as they're in a business who has many employees that suffer chronic pain.

Puka-head likes this.
  14. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm glad someone else noticed that the AG thought the KKK was cool til he found out they were tokin'. I don't care who you are, that there is some flipped up ish.

rafael likes this.
  15. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I had shoulder surgery to fix a torn labrum last year, (I know, I'm a flippin mess!) and the doctor was emphatic and serious face when he told me I couldn't smoke post op. I kinda paused for a minute or two and said I don't smoke doc...pause for effect... cigarettes that is. I quit those when my 16 yr old was born. And he looked at me and said, "You smoke pot?" "I don't care, smoke all that you want, won't be bad and will probably help some. But Tobacco has been proven to inhibit healing and I don't want you flipping up my work, so no cigs!"

Doctors have known since ever since...