1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFP Draft Value Chart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by joeydolfan, Mar 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/nfp-draft-value-chart/

Unger, English and Delmas with a 2nd round grade now? Interesting

padre31 likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Im not shocked. Unger is a versatile guy, but I think there are people at every position that are better at that particular spot. Robinson at G and Mack at C, and there just arent usually more than 1 taken in the first.

Delmas was always at best a borderline first. Early second is a good spot for him imo, and English is riding some negative vibes from the combine.

joeydolfan likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I mostly agree with that chart, Donald Brown sliding to 3rd/4th round seems odd to me, and Beatty moving into the first round is also odd, but those were the only quibbles I had.

Larry English...2nd round pick, a solid 2nd round pick, seems about right.

4. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    I have mentioned it a few times before and will say it again. It would not surprise me in the least to see us trade down from #25 and pick up extra picks.

When you start looking at the names available between #25 all the way down to the 4th I would love to have extra picks.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, we are sort of out of room Joeyd, the unit that has serious holes is Corner Back, and maybe a DE who can pass rush, and maybe a Nickel Lb,other then that it doesn't figure that we have so many needs we can trade back.

Unless we pick up draft picks for 2010, the rumor is we will add 15-20 players this offseason, we have signed a 4 already and have 8 draft picks, and they love turning over the bottom third of the roster during the season.

joeydolfan likes this.
  6. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    There is an awful lot of Corners, OLB and even DL in that 2nd round - 4th round we would have interest in. Man I wish we had 3 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, if we managed say Sintim, Barwin and Cody Brown, were or when would they see the field?

i mean Ayodele is a bit weak, but Channing just re-upped JP is solid, leaving Roth and Wake to fight it out for SOLB, those three wouldn't see the field barring injuries.

WE could use a 3-4 pass rushing DE, but there weren't any really solid looking guys in the value chart, no George Martin's or Leonard Marshal's to be had this time around.

8. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    The more you start to look at English the more one dimensional he becomes...he is easily negated...

now he hustles, chases and makes plays down the line...but when I watched him he is fairly easily marginalized by not committing and playing his moves passive....His first step caused a lot of guys to lunge, commit and try to beat him when guys laid back and did not commit so quickly he did not beat them with that fantastic first step and he did not have the skills to beat them with second moves...I think he is a stand up player, but you can chip him and he is done.....and he beats people with his feet, he actually has rather pedestrian hands IMHO...although I know one person that disagrees....

I think he is a high motor but his skills are defeated easily IMHO and he will make some plays because he is high motor, hustles never quits and people WILL try and beat him with agressiveness.....but IMHO he is going to be a guy that never gets consistent numbers because people will figure out how to "defend" his game.............

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Sintim, Barwin and Brown would all compete with both Matt Roth and Cam Wake for playing time and I see no reason why Wake should be considered this automatic lock to be above everyone. He's still just a CFL player that chased, yet did not break, the sack record set by a guy who never played in the NFL.

10. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    I can see Jarron Gilbert as that pass rushIng 3 -4 DE. CK posted a video highlight of his and he has some pretty sick moves and is very explosive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_SxTr4jZs"]YouTube - Jarron Gilbert 2008 Senior highlight tape[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAqc85MT_-0"]YouTube - Jarron Gilbert squat 635 and deadlift 655[/ame]

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've been a touch skeptical concerning Wake, but even then, 4 quality acquisition moves just to replace Roth?

That is the problem CK, unless one of those players are locks to play well in a three point stance, it's overkill, we need a DE who can passrush in the 3-4, I'm not really seeing any one of those three doing that job.

Wake is the guy who has experience as a down linemen, Barwin had one year playing down, not sure about Brown or Sintim.

Your guy, Gilbert, could maybe do that for us, maybe Sidbury, not sure about English.

But that is why I do like Wake to see the field more then we should expect right now, he can man a DE position in a pass rushing situation.

12. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    If the Giants want to trade their 2 second round picks for our first rounder. I'm all for it.

13. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    English has the speed rush, bull rush, rip move and spin move. He's hardly one dimensional at all.

The only reason to mark him down would be because his body of work is only against lesser opponents so it's harder to project. His performance at the senior bowl, though, showed he can compete well against good competition.

I also like Robert Ayers who they have there as a first round grade but he did a pedestrian 17 reps at the combine and it would seem like a red flag.

14. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    That would work for me as well, just dont know how often or likely the Giants are with trading.

4 picks in the 2nd round would be sooooooooo sweet though.

15. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    While it would be nice, thats also why it will be very hard to trade down imo. I dont know if there is any one player that teams would love to trade up for, while conversely there are lots of prospects in that range who teams would like to stand pat and take.