1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice breakdown of Dolphins/Jag game.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2241770-dolphins-vs-jaguars-breaking-down-miamis-game-plan

Disruption=Production ! Cam Wake ( +19.6 #1 4-3 DE) Olivier Vernon (+4.5 #10 4-3 DE) Jared Odrick (+8.2) Earl Mitchell ( +5.8) Starks (+2.9).

Ryan tannehill is avering 3.6 carries a game..1 rollout a game..

these numbers must come up..

our defense is gaining steam, their getting a look about them, reshad jones adds an element that is pushing this unit into the upper echelons, Jelani's discipline and speed is making life easier for the other two guys, its exactly why wheelers or whoevers numbers are going up relative to last year, the front line needs no more introduction except that cam wake is not just an pro bowl player but a superstar..All we need is jamar taylor to step up to his talent and Dion be the player he can be, and we can be the defense some of us have always wanted us to be.

This game against the jags, it should not matter what our offense does..I want to see if this defense has the humility and hunger to make this game a statement when all eyes are on them.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm actually okay with Ryan only having 3-4 carries per game. but I definitely want to see # bootlegs increased.

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    That's a good number keep the defense on their toes and Tannehill healthy.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  4. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's all about balancing the impact on offense and preventing him from getting hurt.

mbsinmisc and Larry Little like this.
  5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I have to say, keeping Tannehill only running the ball 3-4 times a game is exactly where he needs to be. You don't want him taking shots at all. Yes he can slide, but as we have seen Ryan has a tendency to fight rather than just give up and go down. You don't want him doing this 8 times a game, you only want to plant the seed in the defense's mind. 3-4 times a game is right where it needs to be IMHO.

O the same token, Tannehill always seems to play better after he has taken a good knock. Maybe I'm wrong but it has seemed that way to me over his career.

mbsinmisc and GridIronKing34 like this.
  6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    So you're saying we should have him go through defensive line drills during pre-game?

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't agree with putting a cap on the number Con, and if you feel strongly that it helps him personally, and its schematically beneficial, which I most certainly do, then you must go for it..

8. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    and when he's on the bench injured come playoff time, we'll all be bellymoaning about how the coaching staff ran him too much.
    He's been very effective with 3-4 runs per game the last 3 games. he's been passing well as well. Balance. add a few more bootlegs and we'll be just fine.

PhinFan1968 likes this.