1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice Rundown from East-West Shrine Practices

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Read more here: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42343/351/e-w-shrine-week-review

Really like the work Evan Silva and his co-horts do - this is from Josh Norris. Also liked his approach in narrowing kids down. Lots to think about and prospects to consider or examine in the coming draft season for Dolfans. Touches on a few guys at need positions (OL, OLB/DE, DB - not much of anything at WR in this list). So, here it is, from Norris:

Onehondo, ToddPhin, Boik14 and 2 others like this.
  2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I watched Devonte Holloman for the last few seasons. I absolutely think he will be a good value pick for a 4-3 team on day 3. He can absolutely play WOLB for a team or for a team like us give us some speed and as a converted safety some coverage ability.

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I like Holloman as well........ even though he plays for that other South Carolina team.

Boik14 likes this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    You mean that team that beat Clemson? I say we draft DeAndre Hopkins early and Ace Sanders later (round 4/5ish?). We can probably have a pretty good draft taking just SC and Clemson players...too bad a certain DE isnt available :(

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Maliciah Goodman? :shifty:

We can take Lattimore & Ellington as the backs. :)

Boik14 likes this.
  6. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    RoninFin4 and Bpk like this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Some good O-line prospects (just going by physical traits, not film). These guys are a fit for our zone system I'd think. CK, how have these guys looked?

Earl Watford, OG from James Madison has the right size for a zone blocking guard. Checked his 40 time and he is mobile too, clocking around 5.08 (maybe faster). Pretty dang good for an O-lineman.

James Ferentz. I have to wonder if Philbin does Coach Ferentz a solid and takes his kid, Jamie. He's a center, but can definitely play guard in this system (maybe poorly) with his mobility. Again, 40 time around 5.08 with some reported lower times. Weighs in at 289. Would need to know strength numbers though.

Tanner Hawkinson could project to being a backup Guard/Tackle for us. 6-5, 304lbs with long 33 1/4 inch arms. Even better, he runs a 5.04 40 time and is mobile. Would love to see some tape on this kid because his measurables sound great for our system as a swing tackle who could also compete at guard in camp.

Andrew Robiskie (son of former Dolphins assistant coach Terry Robiskie, and brother to WR Brian Robiskie). 6 foot and a half inch. 306 pounds. Plays Ceneter and can play guard. runs a 5.17 40, with a reported 4.94 time by a 'friendly' timer, or maybe before Andrew found the local buffet.

Opinions CK?