1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nine Inch Nails Meets HBO For Series?

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

A quick re-cap for those not familiar with Nine Inch Nails or Year Zero. Nine Inch Nails is basically Trent Reznor, who makes most of the music himself, then hires a touring band to go around with him and blow people’s faces off live. Reznor spent most of the 90s in an unhealthy way, being addicted to both rage and heroin. He disappeared for a few years, then blasted out with an album called With Teeth that was okay, we guess.

Year Zero was NIN’s 2007 album and was promoted by 42 Entertainment in their pre-Dark Knight Viral gig. Some cool things happened, but it was all based around the idea that Year Zero was a concept album about where the world would be in 15 to 20 years if the Bush-era politics we all kinda got used to in 2007 continued unfettered. The album was released as a concept album, a portrait of a bleak future.

During the ARG, rumors of a TV show were constant and rumors of Year Zero Two (or Year One, or Year whatever), a sequel concept album were also abound. Since then, Reznor has released an instrumental double-disc called Ghosts and a full-on free album called The Slip. He’s also currently on tour as Nine Inch Nails.

Says Reznor: “I just pitched it to HBO two weeks ago in L.A. It went great. Ideally, we’re trying to get them to do a two-year limited series. I prefer that over a film. We would have a second ARG tying into the second album and ties into the series and they all happen together with a budget needed to pull that all off. There would be a tour down the road. The record completes the story, the ending that no one knows. I know what happens. I knew when I started it. And it’s not what people think. “

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/08/12/nine-inch-nails-meets-hbo-for-series/

Phinperor likes this.
  2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Interesting...:yes: